NHL'94 Forums

Parise, Suter

PRoBob38

The teams that are looking at them both are screwed right now because they don't know how much money they have to sign or trade for other people. The Flyers are the main example of this right now.

like anyone fels sorry for that team. They each have 100M+ bids on both players (ave ~10M per season) yet they only have 12M in cap space to use :|

These guys are so not worth the money. Classic case of supply and demand. Neither is a top 15 at their position imo.

Hardly anybody signed during free agency is worth the money bud :) GMs love to overpay for players at this time.

Latest I heard on Parise is that he told Montreal and Chicago that he would not be playing there. And then that the Pens are the front-runners and that the Wild and Devils were looking to "change his mind." of course, that was earlier today and it could be a completely different story now. And lol @ Jagr. Only fitting he can go end his career on a mediocre team with no fanbase.

Edited by PRoBob38

Jagr to Dallas, that's a weird one!

Parise to Pittsburgh would mean a hall of fame career. I thought Hossa was stupid for leaving (he led them in playoff goals, and trailed Malkin by only 1 point, that playoff year), but maybe he had some other reason, who knows.

Suter I'm thinking will go to Detroit, since Lidstrom is gone (player and salary hit)?

I think Suter's going to Detroit, but is just holding off until Parise signs to make sure Zach's not getting more money than what Detroit offered Suter. Detroit supposedly offered 13 years, 90 million. That's about what the Pens are probably offering Parise.

Wishful thinking at this point due to their signings, but how about Los Angeles?

New contracts tend to sound overpriced because we compare them to past contracts, but with the salary cap going up pretty steadily, these deals are geared towards the future, especially when they are 13-year deals. You need to overpay now to have them relatively cheap later. If you have the cap space and cash flow now, you might as well. This makes Minnesota a good team for the next decade. Could be a problem towards the end if they actually try to play into their late 30s, but I guess you hope they retire...

(but yes, one thing I'd worry about is that Suter played pretty much all the time with Weber, so how can you tell if he's actually all that good..)

is Weber Chara to Suter's Kampfer or Boychuk? we'll see.

Now the Wild should be able to shape up their offense. No excuses this time as they fight to get over that hump!