NHL'94 Forums

Mav returns to meltdown form on youtube:

Sicarius

Here's the 1st attempt at game #1 with Mav:

Clearly he gave up when he chimes in around 2:27 with "gg" on AIM. The game locks up because he's quit the game. He then claims to have disconnected, ok at this point we're all supposed to play stupid. So, figuring I can beat him regardless I agree to play again, replaying game 1.

Here's the 2nd attempt at game #2:

In this game he doesn't disconnect. He instead moves his goalie to the corner, takes his goalie completely out of the game, and keeps up the integrity of a 12 year old.

To top it off the save didn't work. Not a huge deal. But mark me down now for 4 (did not plays) vs Mav. I'm not putting up with this bs because some immature idiot can't handle losing on a game who's age is a higher number than his IQ.

Edited by Sicarius
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, Mav was acting like a child against me during our games yesterday as well. IceGuy (aka RedWingDevil) was also pulling some of this BS against me during our games about a week ago. The question is: what can we do about it?

prefaced with "what do I know" because I only play in person, but pulling your goalie is fine, kicking the system is not. self sabotage for a loss is a loss. smashing the television screen for a draw is a loss. why does losing make kids mad? I enjoy losing... gives me focus on improving.

Not surprised with mav. Had a feeling this was going to happen when he played you guys.

I like how one of the "related videos" on the second one is another mav meltdown (Blues @ Detroit) haha.

prefaced with "what do I know" because I only play in person, but pulling your goalie is fine, kicking the system is not. self sabotage for a loss is a loss. smashing the television screen for a draw is a loss. why does losing make kids mad? I enjoy losing... gives me focus on improving.

We don't care what you have to say about playing in person because we're playing online. You can't pull all of the BS in person

• Haha 1

I guess I was agreeing that this is bullshit. why do y'all keep including this guy in your games? this is, what, the eightieth time he's pulled that act? and, yeah, you can pull that stuff in person. "my contoller isn't responding" is essentially a "hey, we desynced." the rest are just antics while playing. I'd stop agreeing to play such a sore loser. how is he back, AGAIN?

Mav will be replaced. He was let back in the league before on the agreement that this wouldn't happen again. Giving up at 3-0 in the first, then pretending it's a desynch? Ruining the stats by giving empty nets? No.. people just want to have fun, not deal with this kind of stuff. Sucks all the fun out of it.

No one cares if your defender didn't turn the right way on the 1on1.. happens to everyone.. not a reason to give up

For what it's worth, Mav was acting like a child against me during our games yesterday as well. IceGuy (aka RedWingDevil) was also pulling some of this BS against me during our games about a week ago. The question is: what can we do about it?

Answer: Throw them out and don't let them back in.

Furthermore, I'll never figure out why Mav was let into our SNES SDL league with his history of pulling this crap. I've asked him at least 6-8 times over the last month or so to play his SDL games against me and he never responds. He's one of several reasons that our league is more or less dead right now and not likely to have season 2 completed... :glare:

Yep, sorry to say it, cos I don't like to see anyone banned, but Mav needs to grow up. Time's run out on him. I'm pretty much convinced his tactic is to just pull the cable when he's losing so that it automatically desyncs. Pretty sure he did it to me a couple of times last season, and this season I beat him 4-3 one game only to hear him call a desync & say it was 4-4 goin into OT his end. Of course if he pulls the plug he can then carry on & still take save states etc in order to "prove" it desynched. Total BS.

Worst thing was in our first game I had awful delay (Not lag, just my guys reacting really late to my directional presses). I lost 5-1, just said "OK, i'm gonna put a new game up & see if it's still the same". Won the next 2 games & all the BS started: "Desync" in the 1st game, desync like behaviour in the 2nd even though we were still connected. Then for the last game he shot straight through all the menus so as I couldn't change my line-up, refused to put the puck out so I could get my preferred line on & scored off the 1st attack. Strangely for his 2 wins there were no signs of connection problems at his end :glare:

Ashamed to say i've noticed myself becoming a bit of a whiny b***h in exhibs (Appologies to King & Icestorm :P), but I would never dream of doing this stuff in official games. No place for it, & anyone who does it can have no complaints if they find themselves kicked out. The community doesn't need it.

Ashamed to say i've noticed myself becoming a bit of a whiny b***h in exhibs (Appologies to King & Icestorm :P)

LOL, I would never say that. You just recap each exhib and point out everything that went wrong for your team and any bad luck. I find it funny, and I look forward to "gretzyonacold is typing..." :D during the post-game. And of course you know I'll always play exhibs when you ask.

My own bad habit is to pause/unpause after I let in a bad, or what I consider to be a bad, goal. It's not meant to kill the crowd noise or momentum or anything...more of a habit and my own frustration. So if you see me doing that, you've got me rattled. :lol:

yep, it's a shame. he seems to be a decent player, too (way up there in attack zone, anyway, and not a bad pts%), but needs to learn to take a loss. hopefully it comes with time, but he'll have to exercise that life skill elsewhere, as no one wants to deal with that behaviour. There are only so many hours in a day (especially if you're working!) and no one wants to waste them on fake "desynchs" and an opponent who stops trying half-way through because the bounces aren't going his way.

it's really too bad because mav tends to be a good player when he is not being childish,always had close games and we actually are a decent team for 2on2. it's time to pull the plug on this guy for good, leagues and forum.