NHL'94 Forums

Help with netplay

Recently my brother downloaded Gens, and he wanted to play a couple of 94 exhis with me, but every time we try to play (Server or Hamachi) the host will start the game but the emulator just freezes. I've tried putting it on LAN for server and that didn't work either. One thing is that his firewall is infected so we don't know if Gens is being let through the firewall. I have played a couple of 2on2 games on his computer before so I'm not sure if that's the case. I'll fix the firewall later tonight when I have the time but for now does anybody know what's really going on?

Thanks

One thought...

Did your brother open up the 94 ROM in GENS before trying netplay? It's a small , often overlooked step, that sort of let's GENS know the ROM is there. If you dl the ROM and immediately try to netplay, GENS could crash because it can't find the ROM.

One thought...

Did your brother open up the 94 ROM in GENS before trying netplay? It's a small , often overlooked step, that sort of let's GENS know the ROM is there. If you dl the ROM and immediately try to netplay, GENS could crash because it can't find the ROM.

I'll try that, thanks

EDIT: It worked, thanks a bunch

Edited by Plabax