NHL'94 Forums

Survivor S02 - Week 2 Update

kingraph

23 GP this week (8%), bringing us up to 102GP, an average of 14.6 per person.

If you are significantly below that, please try to get some games in this week, and if you are around or above, thanks getting this season moving!

Team Standings

Houli continues to be in the lead in the West division with 40 points (30-10), with Freydey, RedWingDevil and dcicon left to play. Da94wookiee made a push this past week playing 12 games and vaulting into the #2 spot with a 13-6 record (26pts). This is projecting to be a close battle for the division title between these two. Will be interesting to see what Freydey does once he gets up an running (I believe he's on vacay).

In the East, kingraph climbed into the lead with a 13-3 (36pts) record so far. Alonzi41sits in the second spot with a 10-8 record. BoKnows, IceStorm, RWD and dcicon all have the ability to make a run for the top, but have played an average of 7 games each between the 4 of them. I hope to see the action pick up this week, for those 4 in the East in particular.

In other news -- with the launch of ronsbar.org (thanks wookie!), I'd like to incorporate a goal or play of the week if possible. There are two ways I suggest you can get your highlights recorded if you don't know how to already:

1 - hit the "record game" button before each game to create a krec file (see smozoma's tutorial on recording movies). You don't have to worry about converting the krec and/or processing the movie if you're not comfortable. You can simply send me the krec file with a note on what goal/play I should looking for in the playback (i.e. my 2nd goal, my opponents 1st goal, a crazy play around 2 mins in the 3rd, etc.) and I'll take care of the rest.

2 - if you are using the gensnetplaysave.exe emulator, you can hit F5 RIGHT AFTER the play to create a savestate file (then hit F6 to change the slot). That file will be in the same directory as your ROM. The files end with .gs0, .gs1, .gs2 with the last number being the slot it was recorded. It's the same method used for leagues with game uploads and stats.

For example, if you were in slot 1 to start, when you hit F5, a file called survivor_S02.gs1 will be created. The slot is not important, only that you change it so you don't overwrite your previous save. You can then send me the savestate file and I'll process the video as an instant replay. This only works if the play was about 20 seconds or less (NHL'94 time -- about 7 seconds of real time).

Should be fun if we get a few submissions! Good luck!