NHL'94 Forums

NHL Randomized Draft League (Today's Rosters)

PlabaxV2

I made this again because I accidentally posted in wrong section, can you please delete that one!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Randomized Draft league....

-The rosters will be updated but we will have none of the rookies (unless anyone knows enough about them to tell me their stats for their overalls)

- Lidstrom gets to stay in :D

- You can choose your city name, logo, and jersey colours.

- Trading and Free Agency - (I'll let you guys decide how it should work so it's fair and we all agree)

- How it works: Let's say I have 16 people in the league.. We will have 6F 4D 2G. Since we will have 6 Forwards on each team I take the top 96 scoring forwards from last season and put them in a randomizer, and then each team will randomly get 6 forwards out of them. But those who were injured, i.e Sidney Crosby will replace someone weaker like Derek Stepan.

What do you think? If you would like to tell me some things that would make it more balanced/more fun please list your suggestions

So how would it work? You randomly get given a roster of players in a draft, and then after there's a trading period to finalise the teams?

• 1 month later...

I'll often do a random league for sim hockey - as it's quick and fair.

The spreadsheet I put together ensures some level of parity.

Drafts are cool, but often take too long.

I've considered doing a one-day "Frozen Four style" 16 team elimination tourney with randomized teams. Of course, I'm new here and plan to get to know the game a little better before investing too much of everyone's time.

Other interesting ideas (thinking out loud here), would be to have a league with seperate GMs and coaches. GMs do all of the drafting, trading - but need to hire a coach.

I opened another thread about playing a points draft, with teams that can only have a certain number of OV points.

Has anyone done a cash/money league?

Cheers,

Jer