19. San Jose - houly

20. Tampa Bay - da94wookiee

21. Toronto - eggink444

22. Vancouver - Zalex

23. Washington - Wittgenstein

24. Winnipeg - kgman

------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting List

YES 1. Alonzi41 (MIA since 10/24, sent PM)

YES 2. mav (pending league approval)

YES 3. DaDonch44

YES 4. hokkeefan

YES 5. beavers33

What's up everyone? swos has asked me to help organize the next season of the GDL. I know the VC was helping out too, so he is more than welcome to help out as well.

I've done some research and the listing above is the coaches that finished GDL8 and the waiting list. For the most part, many of the guys still are pretty active on the forums. Anyone with a question mark, I couldn't find their profile on the forums.

For right now, I just want to know who is interested in coming back from this list (current coaches and waiting list), anyone that is "new" will be added to the end of the waiting list. If there is anyone I had missed previously I apologize.

I have already taken the liberty of starting the new ROM for GDL 9. Freydey, who is your cover man?? Once we establish coaches, I'll verify team names, uniforms, logos, etc.. (Keep them to current / recent NHL Teams, i.e. Atlanta Thrashers is ok, Kalamazoo Kunderthunts is not.)

I will still be following the format/rules that swos used. So far the only thing I haven't decided is whether I will incorporate the draft for the non-playoff teams. I'm still going to need swos's help with the database on his site to get everything up and running for the season, but I'm looking forward to getting this started, hopefully you guys are too.

Edited by DaDonch44

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you looking at getting it going? I talked to SWOS before GDL 8, as I had been helping with the rom, but I didn't have the time to play, so I took the season off, with the assurance that I'd be able to get back in for GDL 9. You can verify with him if you want, but if this is going to start into the fall, I'd probably be interested.

When are you looking at getting it going? I talked to SWOS before GDL 8, as I had been helping with the rom, but I didn't have the time to play, so I took the season off, with the assurance that I'd be able to get back in for GDL 9. You can verify with him if you want, but if this is going to start into the fall, I'd probably be interested.

I'm hoping to get it going as soon as possible. With the summer starting to wind down soon, I'm sure the guys will have some more time on their hands. As long as we can get the database set up (I'll get with swos on that), I'm hoping to be drafting in a couple weeks, if not sooner depending on everyone's response.

I believe you, if anything let's see how everyone responds. Smozoma has already said no, so there is one spot opening up. There will probably be some more openings before it's all said and done. At the very least if the other waiting list guys don't mind, we could bump you up to the top of the list.

I am out guys, sorry. I am in Blitz now, and just signed up for the NHL13 Fantasy League. With school starting in 2 weeks, I think 2 leagues is enough for me at the time being. Best of luck to everyone and I am glad this is back up and running again!!!

Cmon man 7 weeks into blitz n zero ga played? And you want to sign uP for another league? Get King in there!

Actually that statement goes for two vets in blitz A

I'm in

Also I say we make GDL 9 to be the first with the "Y" goalie control hack :D

This thing should be debated.

I feel getting 4th button into the gameplay (even if optional) is changing too much of the classic aspect of this league. I see GDL as original style (classic) league as a contrast to blitz, which I think is a good thing that we have different kinds of leagues.

If we are going to use 4th button in the league, I would rather use the 250ms delay to get the goalie control button (original is 333ms). That way players could still play the game like original (4th button replaces B button), but have the similar delay in goalie control in netplay to that of offline play, which would make it more enjoyable, but still in the original way.

Meh, why not just have both the 250ms delay and the Y control? If the 6-button controller would have been around at the time 94 was created they obviously would have put in the Y goalie control (see SNES 94) the only reason why it's not in the original game is because most people didn't have 6 button controllers for Genesis yet as it was apparently brand new when 94 was released.

I get Swos point tho. GDL was and always been intended to maintain the original classic attributes and just add in the modified roster concept.

There are plenty of other leagues that continually update with new coding finds. Let's keep GDL classic.

Guest Iceguy94-Redux

Just want to make sure, you're Iceguy94??

Yeah, I am. I wish I could have replied to you earlier or sent you a PM, but apparently, my account is no good anymore and it's been closed. Smoz said something about board activity or somesuch.

@Carse: Why not stick to being a Flyer? You've done well enough with Philly.

Edited by Iceguy94-Redux