NHL'94 Forums

NHL’94 SUPER NINTENDO HIGHLIGHTS

On 25/01/2018 at 10:30 PM, JeffBC said:

SNES NHL '94 Jeresy Hall of fame! Nice Darrell! It has the L and R buttons on the shoulders! Wow!

IMG_6487.PNG

IMG_6488.PNG

IMG_6005.PNG

I have this multitap so I can get 5 players to play at the same time. I'd like to see in a SNES NHL'94 side tournament have the best players like Jammer vs 4 other players and keep track of points for the team that has the 4 players. See who wins! See if the Champ ever loses. Video tape it. Great goals, great saves and great games would happen.

Hey look what I found! I'm pretty sure this is yours too Jeff lol. I was just rummaging through a box of stuff the other day and saw your post at about the same time. 

Coincidence or conspiracy?

Screenshot_20180228-133656.png

• 2 weeks later...

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/nhl-94-tournament-comes-to-vancouver-for-iconic-video-games-25th-birthday

Who’s coming to Vancouver in October?

Casey and I will be there.

I’m bring my 2 bubble table hockeys to the Vancouver NHL’94 October tournament so I look forward to someone trying to beat me. Table hockey like SNES NHL’94 is great because you have complete control of your team with last second goalie control. $5 to play. Winner get’s $5. Winner goes on. It’s first to 10 wins. Bring it on!

The side SNES NHL ‘94 tournament is happening also for the players that get eliminated so they can still play games. $5 to play as any team. Winner wins $5. Winner plays on. I’ll try and keep track of wins and loses and see if a player can win 10 in a row. I look forward to seeing the rematch Adam vs Jammer.

Adam Giles (Bob Kudelski) Hi bud can you come out to Vancouver in October? 

934146F6-4CC7-4300-8A58-4522D139483C.png

5BB91A40-339C-4946-9DFD-5F5A521251A8.jpeg

B76E1018-F75A-4909-BEA0-B7205AACF106.jpeg

A5F5AB47-BD68-4B56-8298-9FE72502C903.jpeg

DFDBCB23-3CAD-4F25-8967-2CB232544F8B.jpeg

C7407536-A180-4147-9335-34F5335BAAC7.jpeg

FFED1437-FF32-44CA-B8B1-D8D17C6DFAA5.jpeg

The day after King of ‘94 Las Vegas Case and I were with Mikey McBryan (The NHL’94 movie maker) and Arda Ocal (works for the MSG network) We hung out at the Las Vegas Golden Knights hockey game and after the game a few hours later we were drinking beers beside the Mandalay Bay. I heard the gun shots and saw everybody running for their lives. No wonder the Vegas Golden Knights are playing so well coming together as a group after that tragic event.

3658FC37-A1A3-453B-BAB3-229D041980B2.png

Edited by JeffBC
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JeffBC said:

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/nhl-94-tournament-comes-to-vancouver-for-iconic-video-games-25th-birthday

Who’s coming to Vancouver in October?

Casey and I will be there.

I’m bring my 2 bubble rod hockey tables to the Vancouver NHL’94 October tournament so I look forward to someone trying to beat me. Table hockey like SNES NHL’94 is great because you have complete control of your team with last second goalie control. $5 to play. Winner get’s $5. Winner goes on. It’s first to 10 wins. Bring it on!

The side SNES NHL’94 tournament is happening also for the players that get eliminated so they can still play games. $5 to play as any team. Winner wins $5. Winner plays on. I’ll try and keep track of wins and loses and see if a player can win 10 in a row. I look forward to seeing the rematch Adam vs Jammer.

Adam Giles (Bob Kudelski) Hi bud can you come out to Vancouver in October? 

934146F6-4CC7-4300-8A58-4522D139483C.png

Challenge Accepted!  

I love Table Hockey!

Looking forward to Vancouver.

• Like 1

A few things:

1- I won't know if I can make it for a another couple months. I wouldn't expect to make the finals again, but I guess anything can happen on any given day.

2- I love JeffBC's jacket.

3- I love table hockey and will pretty much guarantee a table hockey victory if I make it to BC. Got that one timer figured out.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thx you better be there Adam!

I look forward to battling you at table hockey and SNES NHL’94! 

If I bring the table hockey it will not be for money. It’s just for fun. Darrell did love the idea when I talked to him before. I’ll probably now only bring 1 table hockey I will leave this to Darrell Halifax at the last min.

Great to see Jammer vs you again.

So many great players we can get playing on this side SNES NHL’94 $5.00 to play and win $5.00. I want to make sure we keep records of wins and loses on a big board. It could be winner goes on. See if someone can win 10 in a row!

You can play as any team you want including All-Star Teams.

1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 4 vs 1

I beat a friend 4-0. The 4th goal with 1 minute to go I flipped it to Geoff Courtnall for the goal! 

Edited by JeffBC
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

AAA478C4-9469-4CBC-B29D-41A1DF56FFF5.jpeg 

King of 94 is coming Sunday, October 28, 2018 to Richmond, BC Canada!

Skytrain is only 10 mins away.

Cheaper plane flights fly home on a Monday.

Come Sunday world and play through The Vancouver SNES NHL’94 Wolf Pack Gauntlet and lose to Jammer The Champion of SNES NHL’94, Kevin, Casey and I (Jeff). I’d like to see someone beat us all on a SNES NHL’94 side game. On this side game you can play as any team you want. I’m bringing 2 TVs , 2 SNES systems, 4 SNES NHL’94 games and 4 SNES NHL’94 controllers. Who’s coming Adam?

Edited by JeffBC

On 12/11/2017 at 12:30 PM, Premium said:

Get back to reality.

The King of '94 is nothing more than a get-together with NHL'94 on the side. The tournament is there for you guys to grab a drink and hang out in person. Why play it off as if it's the Wimbledon of NHL '94?

The actual format is something you would set up for your 12-year old son's birthday party. I'm not understanding how coin flips and best-of-ones and best-of-threes determine who the best players are? 

What you have said is the most insanely idiotic thing I've ever read.  Nothing you have written could be considered a rational thought.  Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.  I award you no points, and may the NHL94 gods have mercy on your soul.

Seriously, your level of trolling exceeds even my own.  Go find a new bridge.

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, Edge of 94' WI said:

What you have said is the most insanely idiotic thing I've ever read.  Nothing you have written could be considered a rational thought.  Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.  I award you no points, and may the NHL94 gods have mercy on your soul.

Seriously, your level of trolling exceeds even my own.  Go find a new bridge.

I'll rephrase it in a nicer way.

I say the King of '94 tournament is nothing more than a get together with NHL '94 on the side because the charm of the tournament is meeting community members in person and having a good time. NHL'94 is just icing on the cake. Let's put it this way: Almost all community members who attended the King of '94 tournament would have likely attended even if there was no tournament, but almost nobody who attended the King of '94 would bother to play in a King of 94 tournament if it weren't a live event.

I said the format is something you would set up for a birthday party because it is. I added in the 12-year old part for exaggeration, but besides that the King of '94 really reminds me of something I would find at a birthday party.

---------------------------------------------------------

A true competitor is not going to take the King of '94 seriously (from a competitive standpoint). The rules are too wacky for it to mean anything at a high level. That's why I find it crazy when people are talking about best players in the world because of the King of '94. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I like to troll. But at the end of the day, I actually do help out the community more than 99% of members. If there was an all-time leaderboard of productive community members, I would definitely be extremely close to the top. 

4 hours ago, Premium said:

I say the King of '94 tournament is nothing more than a get together with NHL '94 on the side because the charm of the tournament is meeting community members in person and having a good time. NHL'94 is just icing on the cake. Let's put it this way: Almost all community members who attended the King of '94 tournament would have likely attended even if there was no tournament 

Absolutely false.

There has never been a "let's all spend $1000 and burn a couple work vacation days to go to Vancouver and just play exis" event. There never will be.

It took over 10 years for someone to have the idea to have a BIG LIVE TOURNAMENT to get people together. Remove the tournament, and no one goes.

It's not just a gathering, it's an event.

4 hours ago, Premium said:

almost nobody who attended the King of '94 would bother to play in a King of 94 tournament if it weren't a live event.

Imagine playing a high stakes money tourney online, with random asymmetric lag, desynchs, "whoops my computer crashed", "my kid started puking" etc etc. It'd be a disaster.

Run one (minus the money) and people will play and people will watch. It might take a few runs to pick up steam. Run a stream so it's exciting, so it's an event. If we can get spectator mode working in RetroArch, there's a LOT of potential there. Run it as the RetroArch testbed to get people using it. Have monthly qualifiers building up to an elite event. You'll get some people playing.

I don't even disagree that letting people play with whatever team they want will show who can play the best game of 94, but the tournament is taking the approach that you need to be able to play with and win with any team. If it really gets to the point that whoever picks the matchup wins, then it'd need to be fixed, but we're not there yet (or no one noticed!). Maybe we need "bans". Maybe we need a couple best-on-best games in the finals (I don't think anyone would prevent it if both competitors wanted to play that way). We're not there yet. As a spectator, it's a lot of fun seeing the different matchups.

Go to multiple tournaments and the randomness will average out. You'll be the best. 

True competitors compete. (but really it's just a No True Scotsman fallacy)

I didn't know that how much we've contributed makes being toxic ok. Maybe chaos can code up some standings on the website.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, smozoma said:

Absolutely false.

There has never been a "let's all spend $1000 and burn a couple work vacation days to go to Vancouver and just play exis" event. There never will be.

It took over 10 years for someone to have the idea to have a BIG LIVE TOURNAMENT to get people together. Remove the tournament, and no one goes.

It's not just a gathering, it's an event.

I disagree. Yes people may not want to go to Vegas or Vancouver because it's expensive, but Toronto isn't far from most community members. Guys were showing up to Toronto excited to meet people live, not play NHL '94. Even if there was no formal tournament, guys would have showed up.

Imagine playing a high stakes money tourney online, with random asymmetric lag, desynchs, "whoops my computer crashed", "my kid started puking" etc etc. It'd be a disaster.

Run one (minus the money) and people will play and people will watch. It might take a few runs to pick up steam. Run a stream so it's exciting, so it's an event. If we can get spectator mode working in RetroArch, there's a LOT of potential there. Run it as the RetroArch testbed to get people using it. Have monthly qualifiers building up to an elite event. You'll get some people playing.

Nope. The rules can't be taken seriously for that. People could play in a tournament for free, but they would prefer a much different ruleset.

I don't even disagree that letting people play with whatever team they want will show who can play the best game of 94, but the tournament is taking the approach that you need to be able to play with and win with any team. If it really gets to the point that whoever picks the matchup wins, then it'd need to be fixed, but we're not there yet (or no one noticed!). Maybe we need "bans". Maybe we need a couple best-on-best games in the finals (I don't think anyone would prevent it if both competitors wanted to play that way). We're not there yet. As a spectator, it's a lot of fun seeing the different matchups.

Not enough good players are attending for you to see the BS. KingRaph and AJ play against jer_33. OK yes maybe you will see consistency there. Have tons of elite players there, and you will find the winner would be like picking a name out of a hat.

I didn't know that how much we've contributed makes being toxic ok. 

No, but people have the impression that I do nothing but troll. I don't like guys like chefstar88 who do nothing and sit around slacking and wasting time calling me a troll who "sucks the life" out of things. Nobody ever mentions how I was the only one who worked to bring GDL back from the dead, how I worked to bring Blitz back from the dead, confirmed more newcomers than almost everyone, commissioned multiple leagues, made multiple league ROMs, ran multiple drafts, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

King of 94 Trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RdhK3J2-cJ4

They used my video at the end with Jammer’s celebration for King of 94 nice!

Darrell (Halifax) sent me this picture!

605C4AFB-E6D3-4469-906E-123ABF5AC0B9.png

Edited by JeffBC

• 1 month later...

I watch the NHL 2018 hockey video game championship and the players got to choose their team. Most would pick Pittsburgh Penguins. I like this because I like to play with a team that can pass. Lol. 

Teams I’ll play as:

1. Vancouver Canucks

2. AllStar West

3. AllStar East

4. Pittsburgh Penguins (Best team in the game)

Bring it on Canucks vs Canucks

AllStar West vs Allstar East

A tough match up for me is Canucks vs Penguins because of Mario and Jagr magic! I beat Fenty for the NHL’94 league championship I was the Canucks vs Penguins.

Fenty Bingo Bango bud. Fenty come out to King of ‘94 Vancouver! Fenty were are you? We miss you! Fenty made it fun by scoring cheap cross crease goals or hitting his own net off and saying Bingo Bango!

I will not bring my table hockey to Kingof’94 because I don’t want to have table hockey to distract from the great SNES NHL’94! Adam Bob Kudelski my bud is not coming Brutal! I wanted to kick his butt at table hockey.

I have been trained to hate the rest of the league because I’m a big Vancouver Canuck homer. So I don’t like playing as these teams in King of ‘94 tournament but I’ll go with it. I’m bringing to King of ‘94 lll - 4 TV’s and 2 SNES systems, 2 SNES NHL’94 games and 4 SNES controllers so when there is downtime in the main tournament I look forward to the side tournament once people get eliminated to see winner goes on! 

49C9C206-C5E4-4371-B8BD-46EE058B416A.png

Edited by JeffBC
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kingof94 
Sunday, October 28, 2018
The World’s Greatest NHL ‘94 Tournament
in Richmond BC Canada at the Canadian Brew House. Be there!
Darrell, Jammer, Kris, Kevin, Case and I will be there!

BB6A7A4E-B31E-4504-904A-A00305E3D194.jpeg

Kevin Hicks
The SNES NHL’94 Kingof94 2018
Champion from B.C. Canada!
Tournament was at the Richmond Canadian Brew House in B.C. Canada.
Kevin was in Beast Mode all day! Great Celebration Bud!

8A265DAD-8756-4285-99AC-F9595BC88C01.jpeg

0CC0F3E1-FC88-4799-8DEA-73E429A55241.jpeg

6E95C343-62C4-4D61-BD62-C7D89DFFA7D8.png

Edited by JeffBC
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

SNES NHL’94 Kingof94 2018 

I made a big dive save on a penalty shot in the playoffs!

Darrell was right beside me but he doesn’t overrule the game yet. It was in. Lol

Great picture taken by Case of me after the save and you can see all the guys in the back laughing good times! Great job at the tournament by Mikey, Darrell, Smoz and Arda!

60A6E619-F7B9-401E-B870-D34DA1970AE8.png

Edited by JeffBC

• 4 months later...

British Columbia Canada is were this great Super Nintendo NHL’94 game was made. The greatest ambassador for Super Nintendo NHL’94 is Darrell (Halifax).

Arda Ocal our bud said he got the Genesis NHL’94 version into the Hockey Hall Of Fame! But not the Super Nintendo NHL’94 version. Brutal! I’m not okay with this! What are your thoughts? Darrell?

The last 2 Super Nintendo NHL’94 World Champions are childhood friends from British Columbia Canada! B.C. Canada is so proud! Best in the world!

Champions Jammer and Kevin!

D59C119D-A3E1-4D15-825D-5E288439B3B6.jpeg

Edited by JeffBC

• 3 weeks later...

It’s a travesty indeed. The game and those guys should be in the hall of fame. 

Also im thinking we change the name of this thread to “ JeffBC’s awesome Super Nintendo thoughts.”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the highlights for me at the SNES NHL’94 Kingof94 III 2018 tournament was Jammer’s penalty shot spin goal. Great control of his player! At the end of this video you can hear me say wow! Casey recorded this play so thx Case!

Jammer in the playoffs penalty shot spin goal!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uyg9jq9ydetsf1l/AAAd5oAEUUgRIcumKC2JEshGa?dl=0&preview=Jammer+94+III+Penalty+Shot.mp4

352FF6E1-05D6-4471-A5FE-B2FCBDEB2DEB.jpeg

Edited by JeffBC
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I found this on YouTube

SNES NHL’94 Speed run!

Whitman Price well done! This is probably the record! 10 Goals in 2:34 game time!

14D06CF7-B057-43E3-B0A9-2187AE3049AC.png

9FA228F1-50CA-40A5-8A62-8000CF10C94A.png

Edited by JeffBC

Jammer, Case and I are not going to Toronto for Kingof94 4 this Sunday. Sounds like so much fun.

Somebody please get a video of Bob Kudelski (Adam) playing NHL’94 songs on his piano. I’d pay to see that in person. Haha classic! Good luck Bud!

D06BB9E4-8F3B-4AD5-A0B4-17A1D2054F07.jpeg

Edited by JeffBC

Kingof94 4 2019 Toronto 

SNES NHL’94 Champion Mikail Fancy! 

Mikail made some unreal diving saves in the crease on the line with his goalie! 

Mikail is from Toronto Ontario Canada winning 4-0 in a best of 7 series beating Daf (Dafydd Pritchet) from Victoria B.C. Canada in the finals. Mikail was the Champion in the first Kingof94 and now the Kingof94 4 King Champion! Congrats Champ you played great! 

Halifax (Darrell’s) play by play announcing was great! I love his passion! I’m glad he didn’t lose his voice lol.

C3F83B00-DDA1-4D02-B235-2C5F7B1BD8FD.png

C47532A8-E2D9-4340-90CE-76E1DE160B38.png

Edited by JeffBC

• 4 weeks later...

There is one dream match up (best of 7 series) left to prove the best in the world at Super Nintendo NHL’94.

Mikail vs Jammer

Nice jersey, great passion Darrell!

Edited by JeffBC
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nice video Kevin well said Champ come to have fun.

Top 3 NHL’94 Super Nintendo players In the world Jammer, Mikail and Kevin!

Nice Super Nintendo Hoodie!

29A92C28-4BFE-4446-BFCC-4A34B792C589.png

Nintendo Switch should put SNES NHL’94 on the list! Come on Nintendo wake up! Updated rosters also would be great!

85432457-6434-4753-83DB-7B62D58CFA71.png

Edited by JeffBC

• 2 months later...

Jan.18/2020 

The battle of Vancouver NHL ‘94 sounds like a great time.

Be there!

980D110E-8984-48AB-B97C-6C0794C6F23C.png

4EE2F9C7-37B7-4BBE-9563-CD8AC798E731.png

What is your favourite goal of all time for the SNES NHL’94?

Is one of these goals the best goal ever scored for the SNES NHL’94?

Edited by JeffBC

• 5 months later...