NHL'94 Forums

Round 3

PlabaxV2

Use this thread when Pizza has picked, I won't be here so if a mod can run the draft until I get back (around 6:30pm EST) that would be great.

Also, who ever gets to the spreadsheet 1st, please delete or highlight in red the remaining player who was picked in Round 2

Deadline is now 2 Hours, send a list or get the best available...

Order

Pick 1: kylepetersavs - Niklas Lidstrom

Pick 2: Wittgenstein - Marc Andre-Fleury

Pick 3: KingRaph - Pavel Kubina

Pick 4: minpind - Ryan Clowe

Pick 5: Plabax - Ryan Suter

Pick 6: Wookiee - Tyler Myers

Pick 7: Bo Knows NHL94 - Milan Jurcina

Pick 8: Eggink - Andy Sutton

Pick 9: batbl18 - Mike Richards

Pick 10: OB92 - Eric Staal

Pick 11: Pearate - Lubimir Visnovsky

Pick 12: Iceguy - Jack Johnson

Pick 13: Vocally Caged - PK Subban

Pick 14: Alonzi41 - Ryan Miller

Pick 15: Robbie - Victor Hedman

Pick 16: Sicarius - Patrick Kane

Pick 17: Dcicon - Marian Hossa

Pick 18: Carse - Pekka Rinne

Pick 19: TomKabs - Alexander Semin

Pick 20: Houly - Milan Lucic

Pick 21: Jay - Mikko Koivu

Pick 22: Robro - Jamie Benn

Pick 23: Ku - Shane Doan

Pick 24: Icestorm - David Backes

* denotes coach has submitted a draft list ahead of time to someone

Player List - https://docs.google....Mk9iRVZIMEVsZEE

Goalie List - https://docs.google....MjByb29vTlVjMHc

Edited by kingraph

Way i've worked it out Pizza has until 12:00 ET for his RD2 pick, at which point he'd be given Patrice Bergeron, at which point he'll have until 14:00 ET to make his RD3 pick, keeping the entire draft potentially waiting until this afternoon.

Guys, I think I speak for everyone when I say PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send a pick list to someone (Like Plabax has posted above) if you see your pick approaching & know you're not going to make it online.

It's really frustrating when we're shooting through the picks because people are online waiting, or guys have sent their picks.....................and then we hit a couple of people & everything stalls for a few hours.

We're into day 5 of this draft now & only just starting RD3!

Plabax's 2 hour deadline is obviously going to help now though

OK, P1ZZA gets handed Niklas Lidstrom as the best rated player. Wittgenstein is up now.

Lets see if we can get this thing moving on a bit now shall we?!

you should post people's times next to their name so they know when their pick is to be made by since we have pretty strict deadlines for round 3

Well it's Plabax's league, but the thing with that is it can actually take longer. For example P1zza never turned up, so he's kept us all standing still 5 hours already today. Wittgenstein was on at 2pm ET, but still hasn't picked, so it looks like we're going to waste 7 hours already today. With times posted Kingraph has the 4pm pick, Minpind 6pm, Plabax 8pm etc.................but they have all left pick lists, so we're going to have their picks registered at 4pm and be on to Wookie at that point.

Using this system Wookie will have to make his pick by 6pm, but if everyone had a set pick time he could potentially wait until the end of the evening & we've lost a full day on the first few picks.

As we are right now everyone knows - When the guy before me picks I have 2 hours to get mine done.

What it boils down to is just everyone being considerate & giving Plabax or whoever else their picklist if they're not going to be around. 7 hours waiting for 2 people to make their picks in RD3 when everyone knows this is happening is pretty disgusting really IMO.

I'm going to be offline until about 7pm ET. Can people please send Icestorm, or Kingraph if he's available their picklists. I have passed on to Icestorm Kings & Minpinds picks.

If Wittgenstein hasn't picked in 20 mins he gets Visnovsky.

FYI, season 07 of the Blitz draft, which has an automated draft website and half of the rounds are keepers (protects), took over 2 weeks to complete. So while we can hope that everyone gets their picks in on time, let's get realistic with expectations and assume we will be doing this for a few weeks.

Everything seems like it will hit at once for those that are in these leagues: Fall classic, 2013 league, Blitz playoffs, Survivor playoffs, GDL, and Summit. Lots of GA on the horizon.

Can you put a note next to players names who have a pick list emailed already? That might help people figure out when their next draft pick will be, so they know if they can do it live or should send in a list themselves.

Smart...I'll put an asterisk next to people names (that I know of), who have pre-selected

not gunna wait all day Woodbridge Warriors choose Jonas Hiller G in the 3rd round , if anyone above chooses him b4 me then ill choose someone else let me no

FYI, season 07 of the Blitz draft, which has an automated draft website and half of the rounds are keepers (protects), took over 2 weeks to complete. So while we can hope that everyone gets their picks in on time, let's get realistic with expectations and assume we will be doing this for a few weeks.

Everything seems like it will hit at once for those that are in these leagues: Fall classic, 2013 league, Blitz playoffs, Survivor playoffs, GDL, and Summit. Lots of GA on the horizon.

The Blitz draft takes so long exactly because it's automated. Everyone has their set time. The early rounds have 12 hour deadlines so of course it takes a long time.

We're not working with an automated system, so with just the tiniest bit of organisation (Just sending a pick list if you're not around) there's really no reason we couldn't get a round done each day & get the draft finished in the middle of next week. Don't know about you but the amount of peed off people commenting to me this morning, and Alonzi's comment above shows there is a desire to go more quickly for most. When the draft stalls it can sap a lot of the excitement out of it.

It's really simple and doesn't need much effort. Wittgenstein made the second to last RD2 pick last night. Knowing he also has the 2nd RD3 pick too, why not then or send it to Plabax right at the same time? I also saw he was on this thread at 2pm today after P1zza's time ran out, but didn't pick and the draft stalled another 2 hours. It all could have been easily avoided. Not beating up on Witt. Most likely he has more important things in life than a '94 draft, but just saying if he'd sent that pick list last night all that waiting would have been avoided.

Hopefully now the following rounds will roll on a bit quicker.

The Mayan Astronomers select Ľubomír Višňovský

Is Visnovsky available? Can he be taken from Wittgenstein even though he didn't turn up to select him? How's this work? lol

Edit. OK, I see what's happened now

Iceguy sent me his list. He selects Jack Johnson

I allrdy sent my list to plabax , hes not here but i wanna change my pick b4 Caged picks, so ill chane Jonas Hiller G for Ryan Miller G, if Caged picks one of them ill choose the other if not

The Woodbridge Warriors choose Ryan Miller G in the 3rd round :)

What's up with the Visnovsky situation?

If a player is shown as drafted and then a bunch of picks happen, they should not be "un-drafted". Visnovsky would have been under consideration for my 3rd round pick if I had known he was available, although I wouldn't swap him for who I ended up with so it's not a big deal to me.

All picks should be final! I'm cool with giving a short grace period if someone changes their mind 5 or 10 minutes later and the next guy hasn't picked yet, but there's no way a draft pick should be swapped over 5 picks later!!!!!!!!!!!

I am vehemently against rushing the draft if these bush league shenanigans are going to come into play. Hopefully this does not happen again. In my opinion, everyone should take their time and select the player they want.

If a player is shown as drafted and then a bunch of picks happen, they should not be "un-drafted". Visnovsky would have been under consideration for my 3rd round pick if I had known he was available, although I wouldn't swap him for who I ended up with so it's not a big deal to me.

All picks should be final! I'm cool with giving a short grace period if someone changes their mind 5 or 10 minutes later and the next guy hasn't picked yet, but there's no way a draft pick should be swapped over 5 picks later!!!!!!!!!!!

I am vehemently against rushing the draft if these bush league shenanigans are going to come into play. Hopefully this does not happen again. In my opinion, everyone should take their time and select the player they want.

As far as I was aware when I left at about 3:40pm ET Witt was getting Visnovsky by default as he hadn't turned up to pick. When I got back at 6:45pm ET his pick had been changed. I've no idea what happened.

The problem was, NHL94Online was blocked from my phone, so I couldn't get Witt's pick list in. He wanted Fleury but he had already gotten Vis. Min wanted Ryan Clowe so Witt got Fleury since Raph didn't want Fleury. Nobody picked Clowe so minpind got Clowe, the only thing is that if Raph or Bo wanted to swap they could have. Sorry, I wasn't expecting for the site to be blocked

Welcome to the dark side Patrick Kane.

Edited by Sicarius