rumble.png

check it out

NHL TOUGHGUYS ver 0.98f

http://escanabasucks.com/websites/GAMES/nhltoughguys/

test away, leme know what you think

features

---------------

-the greatest players in NHL history!!!

-arcade style action (all 100s except fighting and no fatigue)

-24 teams and 2 special teams

-weight fix

MY WISHLIST

---------------

-eyes and sticktape patch

-penalty box stacking fix

-brighten the stanley cup sprite borrowed from 94

-move arizona to top for alphabetical reason and fix banner

if anyone wants to help out... leme know

special thanks to slapshot67, smozoma, dynamo11 and anyone else that helped...

Edited by 77

I can put in the new NHL Network logo for you, as that logo comes out really nice in tile molester. The bench I could probably do but it'll take a bit of time. I've been in contact with slapshot67 and he informed me he suspended work on the eye/stick tape patch because of the summer, but I'm sure he'll be back on that and it'll get done at some point. I can put in a new splash screen (first screen when you start game) but I dont think its possible yet at this point to alter the title screen with the animations and all that other stuff.

Edited by dynamo11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

*bump*

i give permission to swos or mah to take this rom and actually rate the players... ( make non arcade style version)

DONT TOUCH  NUMBER, HANDED/FIGHTING OR WEIGHT !!  =)

Edited by 77

This is a fun rom! Thanks for making it. It's how '93 was meant to be played (or one way, anyway)!

The crowd meter peaked at 204db after my first try. Everyone died. ;-)

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/175996-can-a-loud-enough-sound-kill-you

CrowdMeter204db-1.PNG

i started the crowd meter at 100, thinking it would get the fights started earlier... doesnt matter

no fights in first 3 minutes no matter what, and it prob some kind of set amount after that... before a fight can happen

i use to think the crowd meter is what controlled the fights

i should prob change that back someday =P

Edited by 77

I'm surprised you are still around, 77. I think your toughguys mod would also make an excellent template for an LNAH mod for NHLPA 93, LNAH Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey (or Quebec Semi-Pro Hockey League (QSPHL) in the 90s )is semi-professional league based in the Canadian province of Quebec, and the league's teams were stocked with many enforcers on its roster and had a lot of fights in its games (compared to the National Hockey League, LNAH averaged 3.2 fights a game during the 2010–11 season) and were rough, earning its reputation and moniker of the "world's toughest hockey league". in recent years nowadays, the league is trying to find a balance in its games of both focus on skills and gameplay, despite its reputation and moniker that gains the semi-pro hockey league fans in the first place, they still keep some of its tough elements intact there are still fights that fans craved.

Edited by bushhockeyfan

The problem isn't lag so much as it just doesn't seem to want to open. Like, it runs fine on Fusion on my computer but it just sits on a black screen when I try running it on ClassicBoy on my phone. And it's gotta be something about the way the 30-team hack for '93 is set up rather than your hack in particular since I've had the same issue with other '93 hacks.

2 hours ago, DeterminedApathy said:

The problem isn't lag so much as it just doesn't seem to want to open. Like, it runs fine on Fusion on my computer but it just sits on a black screen when I try running it on ClassicBoy on my phone. And it's gotta be something about the way the 30-team hack for '93 is set up rather than your hack in particular since I've had the same issue with other '93 hacks.

NHLPA '93 30 team roms also won't play on an Everdrive.

I have no idea why.