NHL'94 Forums

Survivor S02 - Week 4 Update & GOTW (sort of)

kingraph

Just an FYI to start, I'm sure you all saw that I added a new feature on the website (https://sites.google...survivorleague/) last week that shows league leaders for Win%, GFA, GAA, and Points. Seems to be working fine, I just wanted to test out some more google functionality.

It's still early in the season, a little past the halfway point, but it looks like a few things are starting to shake out. KingRaph is leading the East division with 40 points, but IceStorm and BoKnows are the favorites to climb up and take that spot away. Both have over 20 games left to play, so nothing is set in stone. I'm just going by their current win %'s.

In the West, Houly still has the lead with 40 points, but Wookie is breathing down his neck with 38 points and 6 less GP. Freydey leads the league in win % with .800, and he seems to climb up the standings after each game he plays. Again, just as there appears to be a 3-way race for the East with KingRaph, IceStorm, and BoKnowsNHL94, I believe the West will come down to Houly, Wookie, and Freydey as they all have over .500 records.

IF the win %'s hold up, the 6 players mentioned above would be in the playoffs, with Alonzi (.500) and dcicon (.429) making the final 2 spots. However, standings will be based on points, so let's get those games played!

This week's goal of the week has nothing to do with Survivor or an actual league game. It's a Blitz exhibition game I played against VocallyCaged this past week. I still think you'll enjoy! It's all I got...if you don't like it, please send me a savestate of YOUR Survivor plays! :)

Lovely goal! Rare to get all 3 forwards lined up like that...........................or maybe i'm just not good enough to see it when it happens :(

Lovely goal! Rare to get all 3 forwards lined up like that...........

Notice it's actually Neely (8) and Sanderson (80) passing back and forth. Selanne's in the picture, and he bumps into Neely...but he seems hell bent to hook the crap out of Jeff Brown (21). Psycho AI, lol.

Notice it's actually Neely (8) and Sanderson (80) passing back and forth. Selanne's in the picture, and he bumps into Neely...but he seems hell bent to hook the crap out of Jeff Brown (21). Psycho AI, lol.

Yeah, saw that Selanne never touches it, but he's there on the breakaway, giving you a line of 3 & an option on either side. Not sure if that affects the defensive AI at all to create more space, but often the breakaways seem to be just with 1 or 2, rarely the 3? Perhaps having 2 speedy guys either side of a slightly slower C helps with that?

Yeah, saw that Selanne never touches it, but he's there on the breakaway, giving you a line of 3 & an option on either side. Not sure if that affects the defensive AI at all to create more space, but often the breakaways seem to be just with 1 or 2, rarely the 3? Perhaps having 2 speedy guys either side of a slightly slower C helps with that?

Yeah, speed is definitely ONE factor in how a rush pans out. It all goes back to knowing your players (and your opponents) attributes. If I led that rush with Selanne (6 speed, 6wgt) instead of Neely (4 speed, 10wgt), I'd be too far ahead of everyone to make a forward pass. I'd probably try to rush in with Selanne alone. Then I'd have to slam the brakes in the offensive zone and if I wanted to pass, I'd either 1. wait for Neely to come into the picture (safer play) 2. anticipate Sanderson's position off-screen on the right wing coming down (less chance of success). All the while trying to avoid getting crushed by the D-men who know I'm waiting for my slower teammates to show up, lol.