NHL'94 Forums

Round 8

da94wookiee

Pick List

Players / Teams Spreadsheet

NEW RULES THIS ROUND

Everyone gets a 1 hour slot to make their pick. If you know you will be busy and can not post to the forum during that hour, please tell someone who can post to the forum who your pick would be. If you miss your deadline, you will be skipped. You'll have until the end of the round to pick someone else, or at that point you'll get the highest rated player available by default.

Tuesday (Time listed is the end of each 1 hour slot; EASTERN STANDARD TIME):

Pick 1 : Icestorm - Taylor Hall

Pick 2 : Kupuck - Scott Hannan

Pick 3 : Robro - Rob Scuderi

Pick 4 : Jay - Valtteri Filppula

Pick 5 : Houly - Todd Bertuzzi

Pick 6 : TomKabs - Keith Aucoin

Pick 7 : batbl (via trade with Carse) - Wayne Simmonds

Pick 8 : Dcicon - Martin Erat

Pick 9 : Sicarius - Michael Grabner

Pick 10 : Robbie - Anthony Stewart

Pick 11 : Alonzi - John-Michael Liles

Pick 12 : Voc - Justin Williams

Wednesday:

Pick 13 : Iceguy - David Booth

Pick 14 : Pearate - Alex Goligoski

Pick 15 : Orangeblack - Dan Hamhuis

Pick 16 : Carse (via trade with batbl) - Dennis Seidenberg

Pick 17 : eggink - Jan Hejda

Pick 18 : Bo - Antoine Vermette

Pick 19 : Wookiee - Andy McDonald

Pick 20 : Plabax - Nik Antropov

Pick 21 : Minpind - Olli Jokinen

Pick 22 : Raph - Rene Bourque

Pick 23 : Witt - Loui Eriksson

Pick 24 : Roger Schildmeijer - Christian Ehrhoff

Edited by kingraph

Only thing I would say is, looking at the names on Tuesday's schedule, I would have expected them to all have picked by about 2 or 3pm the old way. They're all reliable names there. See how it goes but it wouldn't surprise me if you could move Wednesday's schedule well forward today.

Like Hokkee & Wittgenstein, I don't really get the need to slow everything down. I was away most of the afternoon & evening yesterday...........so I sent a pick list in the early afternoon. Got the player I wanted, no problems, no hassle, no real effort on my part.

Like Hokkee & Wittgenstein, I don't really get the need to slow everything down. I was away most of the afternoon & evening yesterday...........so I sent a pick list in the early afternoon. Got the player I wanted, no problems, no hassle, no real effort on my part.

The main reason for time slots isn't to slow things down, it's to give everyone a fair chance to pick their player as opposed to saying "4 people are ahead of you, so your deadline could be anywhere between 3 hours from now and 10 hours from now." It's just a more structured order, so it should be less likely that anyone will get skipped. Also, the 13 hour time freeze from midnight to 1pm gives people a fair chance to make their selection if they were skipped.

The draft should take exactly 7 more days (2 days for rd 8, 2 days for rd 9, 1 day for rds 10, 11, 12). That's really not much time. There's still significant work that needs to be done for the ROM and the website so there's no need to rush anything.

That's really not much time. There's still significant work that needs to be done for the ROM and the website so there's no need to rush anything.

Yes, I don't really understand why you guys are always in rush... Because the first thing to do is to prepare all we need to run this league... not only the draft...

I think it's remember me something... maybe a league name who start by D and end by Y

You see what I mean ? -_-

Edited by Dragon

Yes, I don't really understand why you guys are always in rush... Because the first thing to do is to prepare all we need to run this league... not only the draft...

I think it's remember me something... maybe a league name who start by D and end by Y

:lol:

Debauchery league?

Jay takes Valtteri Filppula

Since Jay pre-selected the rest of his picks, perhaps for rounds 9-12 his are automatic, and not subject to the 1 hour / half hour deadlines.

Good point. We'll incorporate that for future days.

Internet started sucking ass, but I'm back now.

The New Orleans Corsairs select David Booth.

My bad,, didn't see Kupuck took Perron,, I'll take Michael Grabner

Edited by Sicarius