NHL'94 Forums

2013 League - Wow! My Team is GOOD!

kingraph

Yes, your team is good....but so are the 23 other teams!!! :lol: . You may have noticed that there seems to be a plethora of good players in the 2013 league. That's because the ratings are juiced up, and have been since the '99 series on. At least compared to the classic '94 series. I've graphed how the '13 ratings distribution for FORWARDS compares to the average distribution from the '94-98 series. I normalized the 0-15 back to 0-6, roughly. What you see here may explain why this game will be like playing on HYPER mode, especially no line changes.

forwardscomparison.png

So about 96% of '13 Forwards have a speed of 4 (9,10,11) or more, compared to 34% in '94-98!! And 94% of F have shot power greater than 4 vs 24% in '94.

The same holds true for D-men. 94-95% have shot power and speed of 4 or better...I just didn't graph it all.

While the goalies are also juiced, the gameplay in the 2013 league should be fast and furious. I'd quote kupuck's avatar photo right about now... B)

This is why I enjoyed doing the 2011 & 2012 leagues with line changes ON. It made a nice change to all the other leagues around here, but also it was necessary to give a chance to all your good players. Your checking team had a genuine tactical purpose too.

Yes, your team is good....but so are the 23 other teams!!! :lol: . You may have noticed that there seems to be a plethora of good players in the 2013 league. That's because the ratings are juiced up, and have been since the '99 series on. At least compared to the classic '94 series. I've graphed how the '13 ratings distribution for FORWARDS compares to the average distribution from the '94-98 series. I normalized the 0-15 back to 0-6, roughly. What you see here may explain why this game will be like playing on HYPER mode, especially no line changes.

forwardscomparison.png

So about 96% of '13 Forwards have a speed of 4 (9,10,11) or more, compared to 34% in '94-98!! And 94% of F have shot power greater than 4 vs 24% in '94.

The same holds true for D-men. 94-95% have shot power and speed of 4 or better...I just didn't graph it all.

While the goalies are also juiced, the gameplay in the 2013 league should be fast and furious. I'd quote kupuck's avatar photo right about now... B)

:dal_skater_hand_grab:

The all mighty BUD Halifax asked me about the lack of trading so far in this league and this is what I told him the reason would be. There is an extreme gradual decline from Crosby to #300 overall. I won't go on about the specific ratings of players and how EA obviously goofed with many players. I do wish though the rating was 0-100. The 0-15 rating or however high it goes is way too vanilla.

And Raph you are the all time King of stats.

Edited by Sicarius

Does anyone know where to find the current EA ratings (nhl 12 or nhl 13)? All I can ever find is the Overall ratings. I'd love to get my hands on the full data, all the attributes for all the players.

Like this, but in a nice huge table with all the players, or maybe team-by-team: http://bleacherrepor...ies-in-the-game

Also, great graphs.

Well, as near as I can tell, some of the stats of old are actually present with the skaters, such as agility, speed, awareness and all, but this time the shots are divided into 2 easy to see categories which are wrist shot power/accuracy and slap shot power/accuracy instead of just being one whole stat for each attribute. Fighting is also back as well and there are a few new ones which I should look into.

As for goalies, everything is nearly the same, except now they got Poise as an attribute and now it's Glove high/low and Stick high/low, as well as Flexibility, Aggressiveness and Poke Check.

I'll be trying things this league that I've never done. I'll most likely be switching lines up by the period. Playing the A guys I'm going to have to do anything I can to score as many goals as possible.

Saying that, I can't wait to get my hands on this rom. I started this draft thinking I'd build an all heavy team. I detest B button checking (even though it has its place) and love plowing people over with the C button. It quickly became apparent that lots of others were grabbing heavies way way down the list. So I figured what the hell, let's see how fast I can get with some forwards.

My starting 3 F's are

LW: Jeff Carter

C: Jordan Staal

RW: Patrick Kane

Staal the biggest with a 10wgt & 11chk along with 10agi & 10spd

Carter a litle faster with 7wgt, 11agi, 12spd with only 8chk

Kane's a speedster with 5wgt 13agi 12spd & 5chk,, he won't be C button smashing unless against the boards, but the fastest of the starting 3.

The second set of 3 F's are hell bent on speed, it may turn out to be a flop for me but should be fun as hell to have them blazing up the ice,

F4: Brian Gionta 4wgt 13agi 12spd

F5: Tyler Ennis 2wgt 12agu 12sod

F6: Michael Grabner 5wgt 11agu 13spd

Should be interesting at least