NHL'94 Forums

GDL 9 - Trade Discussion Thread

DaDonch44

Allow Top 10 Pick to be Traded?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should any and all picks be allowed to be traded?

• Yes, open the flood gates.
    • No, keep the Top 10 picks locked from being traded.

they arent even comparable players.. one is top flight weight bugger to knock everyone over the other is a set-up guy. How can your "committee" deem which guy is a better fit on which team? I could understand if it was like courtnall for lafontaine then that wouldn't make sense and should be vetoed bc they are so similar, but these guys are nothing alike.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the tale of the tape. From the last 5 drafts, the difference is 11 spots. The only advantage for Kovalenko is weight, which is matched only with Fleury at 3. We know weight is important, so it's up to the committee to decide if this is okay.

ADP

LaFontaine - 32,23,23,23,20 - Avg 24

Kovalenko - 38,35,36,35,30 - Avg 35

Weight

LaFontaine - 5

Kovalenko - 3

Shot Power/Shot Accuracy

LaFontaine - 3/4

Kovalenko - 3/4

Speed/Agility

LaFontaine - 4/5

Kovalenko - 4/3

Stick Handling/Passing

LaFontaine - 5/5

Kovalenko - 3/3

Off/Def Awareness

LaFontaine - 6/4

Kovalenko - 4/3

kovalenko is best hitter in gm but if its not allowed im perfectly fine with lafontaine,im sure carse will love to crush most of you with kovalenko,i figured getting the best hitting player away from the best hitting coach would be good .

Edited by hokkeefan

kovalenko is best hitter in gm but if its not allowed im perfectly fine with lafontaine,im sure carse will love to crush most of you with kovalenko,i figured getting the best hitting player away from the best hitting coach would be good .

Who cares who has who, it's just not an even deal IMO.

Someone on the BS committee respond to my expatiation

I'm pretty sure we have. Straight up Lafontaine for Kovalenko is not a fair deal. Besides, you mention 'team needs' so Ciccarelli 'needs' protection from kovalenko? That has to be the funniest reason I have ever heard.

Plus Hokkee said cancel deal.

I sent him a different trade because at least it's not a total amount of Taurus feces.

Hokkee's trading was partially the reason why there is a commitee of trading now in the first place, so it's

very understandable that his trades will go through a magnifying glass.

It's there so hokkee and novice players cannot be exploited in a way they end up without a good team when

they if any should have a good team. It's also there so that the best players including Carse wouldn't get to

have super teams compared to other players of the same calibre by exploiting hokkee or novice players.

In this case I have to wonder for Hokkee's sake that why Recchi (average draft position 19) turns from LaFontaine (21) to Kovalenko (38) ? Didn't you say you want to have the best setup guy for Ciccarelli ?

Well whatever the case is if you really think (preferably after trying them out) you would like your team better after the trade, I'm ok with it. I understand player chemistry and feel of them is very important.

What comes to the other thing, will Carse exploit hokkee to have a super team ? Even though I and most of others see you win this trade in almost every way, I don't see it affecting your team so much that it becomes too good compared to others like you. It's not like you are getting Roenick or any other top 5 forward like him, that could make you team so good it would give significant advantage in fighting for championship.

So for that part also, I'm ok with it.

Well said Swos. I'll agree with you after the points you made. I'm ok with it too. So if Hokkee n Carse want to make the trade it's fine by the trade committee.

people like to say oh he went from recchi to laf then almost to kovy but dont forget it all started with HOGUE FOR FUHR .alot of you turn this into days of our lives but i think trading is great and is what makes draft lgs so much fun .

Okay trade between me and sebe:

To MTL (Sebe): Luc Robitille, Joe Juneau,

J.J. Daigneault, and Kelly Hrudey.

To ATL (me): Petr Klima, Pierre Turgeon, Cote, and Bill Randford

Edited by TomKabs93

Okay trade between me and sebe:

To MTL (Sebe): Luc Robitille, Joe Juneau,

J.J. Daigneault, and Kelly Hrudey.

To ATL (me): Petr Klima, Pierre Turgeon, Cote, and Bill Randford

approved pending approval.

i am anti klima 4 life!!!!

confirmed ,i had this line in previous gdl ,messier,bassen and bure and lost out to carse in scoring race in last 2 gms and shouldve put icestorm out rd 1 but screwed up 1 late goal in gm 6 and he came back on me ,dont forget bure is the ultimate gm changer and is a hard player to get and were both veterans and know what were getting,oh and bure is not an easy guy to aquire and i know 3/4 of this lg would love to have him but probably couldnt put enough in to aquire this stature of player.so yeah zele not quite up to par but he is a 6 weight with 4/4 speed n agility and has decent ratings to be a rw ,but bure is above all and makes this trade adequate.

Edited by hokkeefan

HFD sends Bure and Zelepukin to WSH for Ciccarelli and LaFontaine

sebe mtl: receives joe sakic

prorob edm : receives luc robitallie

Both trades noted. The committee will talk it over tomorrow. Don't foresee any issues though.

well,ill save all the dilemma and cancel me n bos trade ,always fun to trade but i think its time to stop the fun for now.ive never made it through a draft with my 1st pick and maybe should for once .sometimes mr beer gets me a little excited lol .

well,ill save all the dilemma and cancel me n bos trade ,always fun to trade but i think its time to stop the fun for now.ive never made it through a draft with my 1st pick and maybe should for once .sometimes mr beer gets me a little excited lol .

That's fine I'm good with Bure anyways lol.