NHL'94 Forums

Draft Site - Player Page

DaDonch44

I beefed up the player page on the Draft Site to give you guys some more info to help you draft.

post-707-0-95370300-1346405798_thumb.png

You should be able to click on any of the player's name and be directed here.

It has player attributes, and the draft history of that player.

I'll add some more to it tomorrow.

Hope this helps with those tough decisions in the later rounds, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to provide it sooner.

wow I thought all this info was lost... nice!

I have been secretly going through all the threads while you guys have been drafting, recording all the teams, coaches, and draft picks made in all of the drafts.

Big thanks to Smozoma as well for letting me take a look at his draft spreadsheet.

I wanted to add all the trades and free agents moves... but I think I would be there forever (thanks hokkee :)) so I'll just start recording from Season 9 forward.

Agreed, this is an awesome feature! Is it possible to add ADP to the player selection page as a column you can sort on? That would be a better overall list than the standard calculated overall.

Many many thanks for your time and work putting this together!

Agreed, this is an awesome feature! Is it possible to add ADP to the player selection page as a column you can sort on? That would be a better overall list than the standard calculated overall.

Many many thanks for your time and work putting this together!

GREAT IDEA!!! Let me get that in there.

The Average Draft Position is now available on the Available Players pages (All, Goalies, Forwards, Defensemen). The columns are sortable, but please be aware that it does query a bunch of info from all 9 seasons. So, if it doesn't show up on the page right away, be patient and give it a minute.

post-707-0-58223200-1346452949_thumb.png

The Average Draft Position is now available on the Available Players pages (All, Goalies, Forwards, Defensemen). The columns are sortable, but please be aware that it does query a bunch of info from all 9 seasons. So, if it doesn't show up on the page right away, be patient and give it a minute.

Since the data only changes once per season, you could consider just hardcoding the values right into the database, to make it faster.

Also, I'd ignore season 1 because no one knew what the heck they were doing back then :)

Also, I'd ignore season 1 because no one knew what the heck they were doing back then :)

Another suggestion is to eliminate the high and low and take a "trimmed" mean, or average. It eliminates strange picks, or picks given as a penalty for missing your turn, etc.

Another suggestion is to eliminate the high and low and take a "trimmed" mean, or average. It eliminates strange picks, or picks given as a penalty for missing your turn, etc.

seconded