NHL'94 Forums

Capped-points League (or tourney)

jer_33

Just wonder if anyone has tried a drafted league/playoff with a set number of team "points".

So based on a players OV total, you could only draft a team with a capped number of total points.

If set up properly, it would require from interesting team building - and if set low enough would require a team to use players they don't normally use.

Jer

Nice idea. Player "overall" ratings would have to be figured out, or just come up with a salary for each player...perhaps based on GDL draft. The standard overall ratings for players, at least for GENS, aren't as meaningful as one major component -- weight, which determines checking ability -- is not factored in the standard overall ratings. Plus weight bug really throws a monkey wrench into the whole mix.

I'd love to see an auction draft, instead of snake draft, for a '94 draft league. Maybe it would take too long, but it'd be hella fun. You could give everyone a team cap based on skill level or last year standings -- i.e. last place/weaker player gets $250 cap. champ/strong player gets to spend $200 or something like that.

I think the SNES guys did a "bench" league, where the common starting lineups were removed and you were forced to use the bench players on teams. Cool concept too, to use players not normally used.

Anyway, great ideas! MOAR '94, is what I say. :D

Nice idea. Player "overall" ratings would have to be figured out, or just come up with a salary for each player...perhaps based on GDL draft. The standard overall ratings for players, at least for GENS, aren't as meaningful as one major component -- weight, which determines checking ability -- is not factored in the standard overall ratings. Plus weight bug really throws a monkey wrench into the whole mix.

I'd love to see an auction draft, instead of snake draft, for a '94 draft league. Maybe it would take too long, but it'd be hella fun. You could give everyone a team cap based on skill level or last year standings -- i.e. last place/weaker player gets $250 cap. champ/strong player gets to spend $200 or something like that.

I think the SNES guys did a "bench" league, where the common starting lineups were removed and you were forced to use the bench players on teams. Cool concept too, to use players not normally used.

Anyway, great ideas! MOAR '94, is what I say. :D

What an Idea! It would be even cooler if the players ratings changed each season based on their ratings in nhl 94-98, and you could sign guys to multi year contracts! If only someone would get us all through the draft part of such a league we would be all set.... :huh::anger:

What an Idea! It would be even cooler if the players ratings changed each season based on their ratings in nhl 94-98, and you could sign guys to multi year contracts! If only someone would get us all through the draft part of such a league we would be all set.... :huh::anger:

If most of the work is already done, once the leagues have calmed down I would be up to take voc's dynasty team over

So are the players drafted and rosters modded in NOSE?

Yup, as far as rosters go, NOSE it the program. Makes it very easy for anyone to update.

Other things (logos, colors, hacks, etc) are updated with different means. However, I'm not the expert on ROM modding, so someone else may shed some light.

I think issue with in season trading is due to website/database issues with moving players in mIddle of seasOn. Also u have to make sure everyone gets to say 28 games played and then add a week trading session without any games played. It'd be a huge challenge for everyone to get to 28 within a reasonable time frame

ya agreed and it doesn't really add much to the league. What happens if FPB trades next yrs 1 and 2 for a top 10 forward from a non contender, then loses cup and decides to not play next year? Gunna be pretty tough to convince a replacement coach to step in and take over a team with no picks.

I've been collecting the actual salaries of players from 1993-94, though I'm hoping the web admin will put it into a spreadsheet for easy cross-reference.

Would anyone be interested in a salary cap league with the real salaries?