NHL'94 Forums

Survivor S02 - PLAYOFFS BEGIN

kingraph

The regular season is over! Playoffs can begin immediately, as the site has been updated.

https://sites.google.com/site/nhl94survivorleague/

The teams that finished 2,4,6,8,10,&12 were:

02. WPG

04. VAN

06. CHI

08. PHI

10. BOS

12. EDM

And as such:

Seeds #3 & #4 can't use WPG, VAN, or CHI

Seeds #5 & #6 can't use WPG, VAN, CHI, PHI, or BOS

Seeds #7 & #8 can't use WPG, VAN, CHI, PHI, BOS, or EDM

Final Playoff Seeds:

01. da94wookiee

02. kingraph

03. Houli (no WPG, VAN, or CHI)

04. IceStorm (no WPG, VAN or CHI)

05. Kupuck (no WPG, VAN, CHI, PHI, or BOS)

06. Plabax (no WPG, VAN, CHI, PHI, or BOS)

07. BoKnows (no WPG, VAN, CHI, PHI, BOS, or EDM)

08. Freydey (no WPG, VAN, CHI, PHI, BOS, or EDM)

Matchups:

da94wookie (1) vs Freydey (8)

Da94wookie completes a great survivor season, finishing 1st overall. His prize? He gets to use all his teams in the playoffs! His other prize? He gets to face the #8 seed, which happens to be...last year's champion, Freydey. lol, tough draw, to say the least. Going to be an interesting matchup.

PREDICTION: Freydey in 7

kingraph (2) vs BoKnows (7)

Two fans of the "Y" button goalie control will meet in the playoffs. They split their regular season 2-2, so there are no guarantees for either team in this series.

PREDICTION: kingraph in 7

Houli (3) vs Plabax (6)

While Plabax finished just 14-23 in the regular season, he gets into the playoffs with more experience under his belt and can beat anyone when he's hot. Houli will have a tough matchup here for sure.

PREDICTION: Houli in 6

IceStorm (4) vs Kupuck (5)

These two only met twice in the regular season, and split their series 1-1. IceStorm tends to turn it up a notch in the playoffs and it will be up to Kupuck to hold on to victory. Not having BOS and PHI may hurt too.

PREDICTION: IceStorm in 6

Please try to play your matchup in 1 week. If you can't find a time that works for you and your opponent, that's fine as long as you post on the forums and/or let me know.

Good luck to you all!

IceStorm had to leave the '94 indefinitely, so Kupuck advances. We all wish IceStorm well and welcome his return should he decide to come back one day.

I should get my games in with BoKnows tonight or tomorrow, and the winner plays Plabax in the semi-finals.

That leaves Frey/Wookiee. Were you guys able to contact each other and set up a time? Let us know. Winner plays Kupuck.

:(:P

Amazing 7 game series played with Plabax to get to the finals. We combined for over 10+ goals a game for 6 out of the 7.

I got lucky. We were playing our series and Plabax was up 5-3 in game 6, with a little over a period to play. He had my number that night. Then, his computer crashes. So we had to finish today. I comeback to win game 6, in like a 3OT. Game 7 went my way.

Had Plabax's computer not crashed the night before, I believe he wins. Vggs, all crazy close. Great season, great '94 bud in the community!