domepiece PIT

HitTheIce9412 HAR

jbalicki10 CHI

kurki1234 CAL

thelegend86 LA

laerking VAN

buzz thunder WPG

Ian Rumnock STL

We have 36 coaches for SNES.....awwwwwww yeah! Chaos will post the schedules this weekend, just know that at a minimum you have one home game and one away game vs every coach in your league, so you can play in the meantime and log the scores in the forums and I'll update the site once it's posted.

Good Luck guys!

GENS will be posted soon.

I've been back and forth on this issue for a while knowing what was likely going to happen. My intention all along coming into this season was to play in SNES A, but apparently that's not going to be happening. B is for intermediate players right? I think guys like Cjgarnet, Pondhcky, Schwartz, C4, Fenty, Grayto, Xot82, etc would tell you that I'm not an intermediate player and can more than hold my own against them and the other best SNES players.

I realize that there is a way things are done around here and not everyone can get to be where they want. But after I've committed around roughly 1000-2000 exhibition games, participated in SDL season 2 (24-19 with a very poorly drafted and constructed team), and won the Spring 2012 3on3 SNESOT tournament (against several SNES A players and which you still have to be above intermediate skill to win), I just don't see how I was excluded from SNES A. I could include many other snippets and facts pointing out my case, but in the interest of integrity and class, I won't air them publicly.

That being said, I'm not interested in playing in SNES B, so unless a reconsideration is made, id like to respectfully pull out of the season now to avoid any troubles with no games played and let someone else have the spot and enjoy themselves there.

I hope you guys respect my decision. It's not being made out of anger, malice, etc... Just out of disappointment and regret because I feel like I've been around here long enough and have proven myself already outside of the classic league.

Best regards,

Oilers442

Edited by Oilers442

I've been back and forth on this issue for a while knowing what was likely going to happen. My intention all along coming into this season was to play in SNES A, but apparently that's not going to be happening. B is for intermediate players right? I think guys like Cjgarnet, Pondhcky, Schwartz, C4, Fenty, Grayto, Xot82, etc would tell you that I'm not an intermediate player and can more than hold my own against them and the other best SNES players.

I realize that there is a way things are done around here and not everyone can get to be where they want. But after I've committed around roughly 1000-2000 exhibition games, participated in SDL season 2 (24-19 with a very poorly drafted and constructed team), and won the Spring 2012 3on3 SNESOT tournament (against several SNES A players and which you still have to be above intermediate skill to win), I just don't see how I was excluded from SNES A. I could include many other snippets and facts pointing out my case, but in the interest of integrity and class, I won't air them publicly.

That being said, I'm not interested in playing in SNES B, so unless a reconsideration is made, id like to respectfully pull out of the season now to avoid any troubles with no games played and let someone else have the spot and enjoy themselves there.

I hope you guys respect my decision. It's not being made out of anger, malice, etc... Just out of disappointment and regret because I feel like I've been around here long enough and have proven myself already outside of the classic league.

Best regards,

Oilers442

I understand your disappointment. We were trying to keep leagues down to 12 teams this season, so more coaches got one of their top choices. Everyone in SNES A are really good players and belong there. Not saying you are an "Intermediate Player" and don't belong in A, but again we were trying to keep it at 12 a piece, which results in three 12-team leagues. We try and keep some competition in B league also. B League seems like a good mix this season.

If you want, ask one of the coaches in A and see if they would like to switch to B. I would suggest RedWingDevil (Iceguy). If he wants to switch, I'll make the change.

If not, please stay and play. We always need replacement coaches, and we'd have no problem giving you an A League team to take over in addition to your B League team.

If he wants to change, he should ask.

Do we keep our original teams when we do change?

If he truly wants to take a shot at A....

Very well, I can give the guy a hand and bite the bullet here. Bring him in there in my place and I can go to B.

This will be my fourth season in the league. The previous three had totals of 10, 12, and 16 teams in my overall grouping. In my opinion, the most enjoyable season, uncontestedly, was the one with 16 teams in each flight. Reasons being that I prefer the wider selection of teams and coaches, which makes the playoff chase and scoreboard watching so much better, and because I really don't care if I end up with my 1st choice or my eighth choice of team--especially when there's 16 teams.

This is what crossed my mind as I was reading Oilers' post...problem solved there, but it would have been alleviated to begin with if the size of the leagues weren't so small these days.

Edited by crash46

This will be my fourth season in the league. The previous three had totals of 10, 12, and 16 teams in my overall grouping. In my opinion, the most enjoyable season, uncontestedly, was the one with 16 teams in each flight. Reasons being that I prefer the wider selection of teams and coaches, which makes the playoff chase and scoreboard watching so much better, and because I really don't care if I end up with my 1st choice or my eighth choice of team--especially when there's 16 teams.

This is what crossed my mind as I was reading Oilers' post...problem solved there, but it would have been alleviated to begin with if the size of the leagues weren't so small these days.

I agree with you. I think larger leagues are better.

But, the majority of people like getting a team they are more familiar with. They don't realize there are more teams than the 3 they play with all the time.

Not only that, the tough things about larger leagues is finding replacement coaches. With 16 coaches, that's 4 more that have the chance of not making checkpoints, and more replacement coaches are needed. Another reason we are making them smaller these days.

I'm certainly all for a league switch if everyone is ok with it and happy with the solution...whether it's Dan or Iceguy. If it turns out to be Dan, is he for sure ok with making the switch?

Iceguy, whether or not it turns out to be you who I switch with, I would like to wholeheartedly thank you for your generosity. Your gesture will surely not be forgotten in any way, shape, or form moving forward from now...

Some familiar faces in SNESB... people from SNESC last season. Fank and Etevans will surely want a revenge. I wont lie, aiming for the title again... I dont know those folks from SNESA but i hope to join them next seaon. How good can they be?

Can wait to hit the ice!

Ahhhh your right, says it in the last line of the first post.... Just wanted to make sure everything is alright...

Right, you can play 1 home and 1 away game now, post your scores on the forums, and then Halifax will post it on the website after its updated this weekend. Good luck!

I'll switch leagues between Dan and oilers442.

I don't have any problem to switch with Oiler, im sure he will be more competitive in A than me. Im not playing for a while and ill be able to replace in A if necessary.

Thanks to halifax and chaos for this other great season !

I just want some clarification: Were Ian Rumnock(St. Louis) and I set aside as backup coaches in case someone in SNES C drops out, or were we accidentally not scheduled/put in a division?

you should've been put in. I sent chaos an email. so hopefully it can be corrected shortly.

you should've been put in. I sent chaos an email. so hopefully it can be corrected shortly.

Thanks! I was figuring I was a backup, so I'm glad to hear I am, in fact, an active participant.

Sorry about that. This is a BIG mistake on my part. I was working from a different team list.

I might not be able to fix this until the weekend. I will try to get it sorted out beforehand.

No problem. I'm just glad I spoke up and got it sorted out. Thanks for the prompt response!

Edited by HitTheIce9412