NHL'94 Forums

Banner names grrrrrrrrrrr

discodave0307

Grrrrrrrrrr

Hi,

Guys, you are the experts and I am the novice....I really need your help changing the names of the banners. I've been using tlp and tilemol but I'm finding it long slow and tedious, mainly cos on tlp I cant arrange the tiles properly because they seem to overlap behind other tiles eg Anaheims last tile I can't find cos its behind another....probably boston.

On tilemolester the problem is that even with tutorial 11 by evan...its so difficult to line up the banners.

Is there an easier way to change the names at all. I have no problems with the banner colours so far...thank God. :) Anyways...Help would be much appreciated guys.

Best,

Dave

Copy and paste out what letters you want and then put them together. Once that is done paste it in to the banner :)

Then you can import it in to tile molester and paste it over the banner you are replacing

EDIT: Offset is 001D16CC, 11x60 tiles

Import the internal palette offset 1927500 (Size 64, 9bpp BGR and Motorola) It is Palette 2

post-5131-0-47673700-1348519476_thumb.pn

Edited by PlabaxV2

Ok...that sounds promising....So where exactly should I copy and paste the letters to. Also how do I isolate the banner to paste the ordered letters on to? Sorry for being a dunce...I'm still learning how to do all this.....it's interesting though!

Cheers

Dave

Copy and paste the letters together so they make the word you want. You isolate it by copying and pasting the banner in the top left of the photo. After you have done that, drag the word you made by copying and pasting the letters on to the banner template

Paint is what I use

OK, that's easier so. :) Only one more question..... but probably not actually. After im done in paint and i want to import into tile molester, where exactly do i replace the edited banner. I ask this because Ive found it impossible to line up perfectly the banners...or anything for that matter. Thanks for your help...sorry for annoying you with all these trivial questions.

Dave

OK, that's easier so. :) Only one more question..... but probably not actually. After im done in paint and i want to import into tile molester, where exactly do i replace the edited banner. I ask this because Ive found it impossible to line up perfectly the banners...or anything for that matter. Thanks for your help...sorry for annoying you with all these trivial questions.

Dave

Offset is 001D16CC, 11x60 tiles

Import the internal palette offset 1927500 (Size 64, 9bpp BGR and Motorola) It is Palette 2

Make sure you are using a 30-team template rom

Edited by PlabaxV2

Horaay! I did what you said above. Everything Is lined out and ready to edit. My only issue now is copying and pasting into tile mol over the original banners. When I made a new banner in paint and tried to paste it over the palette turned dark green and brown.

hmmmm

Horaay! I did what you said above. Everything Is lined out and ready to edit. My only issue now is copying and pasting into tile mol over the original banners. When I made a new banner in paint and tried to paste it over the palette turned dark green and brown.

hmmmm

I think the problem is the colors you were using are not part of the palette that NHL94 requires you to use. The colors have to be from the default 16 color palette you can see in the picture I posted

PlabaxV2

This may be my final question. When I am happy with my banner in paint...how do I replace it over the original banners. When I tried to copy from paint it wouldnt paste in TMol. I think that is all for now....you will hope.

Thnaks again

Dave

Since the banners are 88x16 in pixels, save the banner as a png file and make it 88x16 (make sure there is no white around it and that it is just the banner) In TM, when you can see all the banners go to Edit --> Paste From and paste the Png file you saved

All is going well now :) I need to start work on the logos at the intro screen now but I notice that the palettes change to different colours in the game itself. Is there a universal or all round palette that can be used? Some logos are restricted to maybe 4 colours and I'd like to change them to totally different colours....any ideas?

All is going well now :) I need to start work on the logos at the intro screen now but I notice that the palettes change to different colours in the game itself. Is there a universal or all round palette that can be used? Some logos are restricted to maybe 4 colours and I'd like to change them to totally different colours....any ideas?

The logos on the ice use the same palette as the home jersey. In NOSE choose what colours you want your jersey to be, and then you can use those colours in tile molester for the ice logos :)

The logos on the ice use the same palette as the home jersey. In NOSE choose what colours you want your jersey to be, and then you can use those colours in tile molester for the ice logos :)

I've made some changes to an ice logo. It appeared without any issues. Then I changed a different team but I was back to square 1 when I went to play it in the game.The logos went back to their originals.

I've made some changes to an ice logo. It appeared without any issues. Then I changed a different team but I was back to square 1 when I went to play it in the game.The logos went back to their originals.

Maybe you didn't save it correctly? I'm not too sure :( Sorry