14. dcicon5148

15. bagsey

16. meritscholar

Waiting List

1. dynamo11 (if he ever comes back)

2. CoachNeo

3. Wittgenstein

What would the real interest be?

GDL '93... Same as GDL with '94, just using '93 players and ROM.

From what I can tell ROMs would be easier to make because all you can really edit is teams, lines, center ice logo (only one), banners, and uniforms.

http://www.nflpickem...LPA93/index.php

http://www.nflpickem...Draft/index.php

I would love a 93 league. I love NHLPA 93, the way the puck bounces makes it such a fun game.

I don't think I can swing another league now, but I'd come in as a replacement coach if needed.

I'm in. By the time enough people sign up most of the leagues should be done

Yeah, that is my main concern... we have a bunch of leagues already going on. But if there is enough interest, let's do it.

I'm interested, but I'm in 5 leagues right now (blitz (a + b ), gdl, '13dl, classic)... can this wait a couple months?

Yeah, it wouldn't be for a while. There has been talk of getting a '93 league together probably since the inception of the site. I just wanted to gauge how many people would actually want something like this to happen, especially with the capability of stats and all.

The last thing I would want is to take away from the other leagues that are currently running, and having guys dropping teams all over the place.

Yeah, it wouldn't be for a while. There has been talk of getting a '93 league together probably since the inception of the site. I just wanted to gauge how many people would actually want something like this to happen, especially with the capability of stats and all.

The last thing I would want is to take away from the other leagues that are currently running, and having guys dropping teams all over the place.

I'm in the 94 league, but my true love is 93 and quite honestly that's all I play with friends (on the actual console) and when I just feel like playing by myself. I play it so much that I feel I've mastered it much better than I have 94 (I have always been terrible at goalie control for example, never could get used to holding down the b button and prefer to play without having to do that).

93 is very different from 94. Different bounces, etc. I'd love to join your 93 league whenever it starts. I have never considered joining another league besides gens classic 94, but a 93 league I would definetely join. :)

Edited by dynamo11

Not everyone is aware, but yes the simple version of the weight bug fix works on NHLPA93 (the one that just flips the weights in the checking -- the one that takes into account the players actual checking rating, I don't think that works)

Question.

How many teams?

No weight-bug?

• Teams depends on the interest, I would love to have 24, but if we get to 15 or 16, I would still do it.
  • Weight bug, doesn't matter to me, I would vote on something like that. If everyone wanted to leave it as the original we could, or if we wanted to fix it, that's fine too.

I have already experimented with the ROM and changed the one Roughing penalty to "Injuring", also thought of lowering the Fighting Penalty Minutes to 1 (or 2) to increase the possibly if having more fights in the games. It kinda sucks having your bruiser out for a whole period.

But, I'm open to other ideas and suggestions. If there are some things we would need to vote on that's totally cool.

As far as rules, pretty standard.

• 2 G, 6 F, 4 D
  • 5 minute periods
  • Line Changes Off
  • Penalties on, except Off-Sides
  • Players available are the ones on the original NHLPA '93 ROM

• Team names would be NHL teams from '93 to present.

I have already experimented with the ROM and changed the one Roughing penalty to "Injuring", also thought of lowering the Fighting Penalty Minutes to 1 (or 2) to increase the possibly if having more fights in the games. It kinda sucks having your bruiser out for a whole period.

Great idea!

I didn't know you could change the penalty time...that's cool!

I wonder why nobody ever thought about scaling back the penalties for a 5 min period in other ROMs? A 2 minute penalty would be okay in a 20 min period, but since we play 5 minute periods, I would think the penalty time should be scaled back to 30 seconds. Fighting from 5 to 1:15.

EDIT: I just read a few threads discussing this very idea. :grimace:

Edited by kingraph

I wonder why nobody ever thought about scaling back the penalties for a 5 min period in other ROMs? A 2 minute penalty would be okay in a 20 min period, but since we play 5 minute periods, I would think the penalty time should be scaled back to 30 seconds. Fighting from 5 to 1:15.

I like the idea of scaling back penalties to 1 minute... Mainly because the computer referee makes mind-boggling calls sometimes that can sway the outcome of a game unfairly. Nothing worse than having 2 men in the box when you're trying to make a comeback in the 3rd period.

EDIT: I just read a few threads discussing this very idea. :grimace:

I like the idea of scaling back penalties to 1 minute... Mainly because the computer referee makes mind-boggling calls sometimes that can sway the outcome of a game unfairly. Nothing worse than having 2 men in the box when you're trying to make a comeback in the 3rd period.

Well that is something that we can certainly do.

Even in the regular GDL, but i think after 9 seasons, it wouldnt go over well. ;)

Is there a way to only give a penalty to the loser of a fight? that would be really great.

You could set the penalty time to zero on the fight winner. There are the 2 penalties the Fighting and the Fighting* (Checkmark).

• 2 weeks later...

I added a mock 23 game schedule to the site and started simming some games. I wanted to see if there were any bugs, and help aid in anything I want to add next (playoff tree, more accurate standings).

Feel free to check it out.

http://www.nflpickempool.net/NHLPA93/index.php

I added a mock 23 game schedule to the site and started simming some games. I wanted to see if there were any bugs, and help aid in anything I want to add next (playoff tree, more accurate standings).

Feel free to check it out.

http://www.nflpickem...LPA93/index.php

Wow, that's looking great! I love all the records and different stat breakouts!

The only thing that I don't like is the black on red font....little harsh on the eyes. Maybe a lighter red, or light blue?