NHL'94 Forums

GDL '93 - Season 0 - Sign ups and Wait List

DaDonch44

Wow, that's looking great! I love all the records and different stat breakouts!

The only thing that I don't like is the black on red font....little harsh on the eyes. Maybe a lighter red, or light blue?

Yeah i prefer a light blue, but i was trying to distinguish between the four sites i have. i just said screw it and made them all a lighter blue.

Fighting stats

http://www.nflpickem...?Sort=Fighting2

(second last column)

Yeah, if anything I was thinking of putting the Fighting * (Wins) before the Fighting. So you can see a Win-Loss thing there. I'll probably end up doing it at some point.

Sorry to be thinking ahead here, but will there be some strategy for the fighters? There aren't many that you would carry on your top-line, so do you sub them in ?

Sorry to be thinking ahead here, but will there be some strategy for the fighters? There aren't many that you would carry on your top-line, so do you sub them in ?

Totally up for debate, the only thing I've come up with so far to make things interesting is to give extra points maybe for winning fights. So 2 for a win and X amount of points for each fight won. That way you get rewarded for being awesome at fighting, but maybe not at scoring goals. :-P Totally open for ideas though.

Maybe an award for most fight-wins, but I'd be against having them affect the standings..

I agree. I'm going to incorporate an awards race page with all the trophies or something. A Bob Probert Black Eye Award for Fight Wins or something.

Maybe have a rule where you have to draft 2 "Bruisers" on your 12 man roster (with at least a certain fighting rating requirement) and one has to be in your starting lineup, just to increase the chances for it.

• 3 weeks later...

can i play gm only

lol how would that work? draft a team and someone else play the games? :P

If freydey wants to draft a team I'll play the games. Our playing style (although he obviously is much, much better) is very similar... Just need a decent goalie :lol:

If freydey wants to draft a team I'll play the games. Our playing style (although he obviously is much, much better) is very similar... Just need a decent goalie :lol:

i would rather have both of you draft and coach your own teams. :)

Great. Dickon would spam us for weeks about how his team sucks and it's not his fault. C'mon man!

Count me out. No time. Sorry guys.

Booo!!!!! Alright... you still have time if you change your mind.

i would rather have both of you draft and coach your own teams. :)

I don't mind drafting my team, just thought this was an interesting concept. If that is what you would prefer that is fine by me. Any chance we could get this moved into the "Active League" section of the forum though?

I don't mind drafting my team, just thought this was an interesting concept. If that is what you would prefer that is fine by me. Any chance we could get this moved into the "Active League" section of the forum though?

I have consulted the powers that be, and we can get our own section once we are ready to go with a draft.

yeah i wanna be dickon's gm!!

I really enjoy making drafts but there is so many leagues going on I know i won't be able to reach the deadlines

Edited by Freydey

Rule proposal: How about everyone has to draft a forward and defenceman with a 10+ fight stat. If these players aren't in your starting line-up, then they are placed in the positions that will be immediately subbed in due to penalty or injury (RW2 and RD2?). Perhaps in the rom an "F" could be added to the fighters names for easy identification.

There are 82 players in the rom with a 10+ fight stat (50F, 32D), of which 20 or so are 1st line options.

Edited by jer_33

Rule proposal: How about everyone has to draft a forward and defenceman with a 10+ fight stat. If these players aren't in your starting line-up, then they are placed in the positions that will be immediately subbed in due to penalty or injury (RW2 and RD2?). Perhaps in the rom an "F" could be added to the fighters names for easy identification.

There are 82 players in the rom with a 10+ fight stat (50F, 32D), of which 20 or so are 1st line options.

Yeah, I think that is good, have at least two "bruisers" on your team.

BUMP... The list says 16, but I know dynamo is taking some time away. So I think right now we are officially at 15 coaches. I would love to get at least 16; 24 would be excellent, but 16 and maybe some on a waiting list would be ideal.

So if anyone else wants to sign up, they will get immediate entry.