NHL'94 Forums

NIGHTMARE SEASON

dynamo11

After losing 2 more games to BoKnowsNHL94 I do not know how much more of this I can endure. Picking the NY Rangers for classic was the worst mistake I ever made. After winning the GENS B championship last Spring this year has been nothing short of a nightmare for me. This team is beyond horrible. They are a complete and total embarrassment. NOT ONE PLAYER ON THIS TEAM CAN SKATE MORE THAN 1 SECOND WITHOUT THE WIND BLOWING THEM OVER. They do NOTHING but get in each others way. They do not compliment each other AT ALL. They are all a bunch of FATSOS and with the weight bug, that is a recipe for DISASTER. THEY CANT COMPLETE ONE PASS. Every pass attempt they make bounces off the other guys ass.

I dont know what to do. I guess I'll finish off the season, I dont know. Gens A has tougher players for sure, but this team makes it IMPOSSIBLE to win.

PLEASE KILL ME.

Edited by dynamo11

Hahaha. Quality post. Yeah, I felt for you when I saw you had NY. Goalie's are both the wrong side of average. Zubov for Patrick on D is a genuine choice to be made & no way you can put Messier & Tikkanen on the ice at the same time............but, with Leetch on D, Gartner at C & Turcotte bringing his weight buggy arse in they can give you a fighting chance.................unless you're up against the A league cream! lol

Sorry man. Ride it out & pick better in the spring! You definitely have A league ability

Hahaha. Quality post. Yeah, I felt for you when I saw you had NY. Goalie's are both the wrong side of average. Zubov for Patrick on D is a genuine choice to be made & no way you can put Messier & Tikkanen on the ice at the same time............but, with Leetch on D, Gartner at C & Turcotte bringing his weight buggy arse in they can give you a fighting chance.................unless you're up against the A league cream! lol

Sorry man. Ride it out & pick better in the spring! You definitely have A league ability

lol ok I just had to vent, thanks sorry man. I used to wonder why nobody ever picked the Rangers for league play, but now I know why! Thanks for the tip about Tikk and Messier. Messier is so utterly worthless in this game its beyond words. I dont think I have one goal with him so far and he does nothing but eat donuts and fall down all the time.

Oh well, there's always next season.

he does nothing but eat donuts and fall down all the time.

LOL. Great imagery there.

Yeah, NYR tough team for sure...however, swos went 21-19 with them in Fall'11 (http://www.nhl94online.com/html/standings.php?lg=10&sublg=GENS-A) in a very loaded A league! So maybe there's hope yet! :)

I also like Amonte as a substitute for Messier. Check out AJ's write up if you haven't already for some other ideas.

Good luck, I hope you stick with it!

Messier is so utterly worthless in this game its beyond words.

Hey I lead the league with 4.24 points per game Messier in SDL! The 2nd best player in the league only averaged 3.69 (Houly with Lemieux) so he's really good... oh except for that damn weight bug :P

while I don't know anything about the weight bug (thankfully), I do know that Rangers team. even though there is no weight failure on the SENS, I often use Turcotte as a center because he has all of the pieces. Gartner seems like an obvious choice, too. this is a no-line-changes league, right? I'd try:

GAR/TUR/MES(TIK)

LEE/ZUB(PAT)

I'm not sure about choosing from the goalies, as the SNES version doesn't have players appearing on multiple rosters at the same time (?!), so we only have Richter. he's mediocre, at best.

good luck with that season's champions!

It gets pretty rough out there sometimes, but you need to dig deep and remember why you committed to the season.

because its fun and awesome.

try shuffling your lines and taking your time with the passes.

Hey thanks man. You're right, I need to man up here lol. I just wish a picked a better team although quite honestly I havent been playing that well either.

while I don't know anything about the weight bug (thankfully), I do know that Rangers team. even though there is no weight failure on the SENS, I often use Turcotte as a center because he has all of the pieces. Gartner seems like an obvious choice, too. this is a no-line-changes league, right? I'd try:

GAR/TUR/MES(TIK)

LEE/ZUB(PAT)

I'm not sure about choosing from the goalies, as the SNES version doesn't have players appearing on multiple rosters at the same time (?!), so we only have Richter. he's mediocre, at best.

good luck with that season's champions!

I'm gonna try to put turcotte at center. gartner at center has done little for me, i think i need him back on the wing. then I'll put tikkanen on the other wing. messier gets scratched, he sucks balls big time.

LOL. Great imagery there.

Yeah, NYR tough team for sure...however, swos went 21-19 with them in Fall'11 (http://www.nhl94onli...10&sublg=GENS-A) in a very loaded A league! So maybe there's hope yet! :)

I also like Amonte as a substitute for Messier. Check out AJ's write up if you haven't already for some other ideas.

Good luck, I hope you stick with it!

Maybe I'll swap tikk for amonte, thanks for the idea. Maybe the Rangers suited SWOS style better. Honestly SWOS is probably a better player than I am, too lol. The thing with me is I rely on sturdy guys who dont go own easy. My passing game sucks. I play a more puck possession game. These guys make playing like that almost impossible. They go down like nothing. Oh well theres always next year. :)

Edited by dynamo11

I think its funny when people vent about how bad they are playing. Its just a game. Its just for fun. I am not getting paid nor is anyone gaining/losing whether I win or not. I took the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in SNES-A this season. I knew I would lose a lot but that didn't matter. That goofy weight-bug that Gens has is screwy. But in all fairness to Dynamo, it would suck playing the game and knowing that people like Mario Lemieux and Mark Messier suck because they are "too heavy".

NEM/TUR/GAR is an option if you need to keep your players light. I don't know how y'all played with that weight failure for so long (nor why you continue to do so). come on over to the SNES side and enjoy the Rangers as an elite, cup-winning team.

It still boggles my mind that there's a "weight bug" in Genesis. It must be so annoying that heavy players play like light players, and vice versa.. I don't know how you guys can deal with it. One of the great things about NHL94 is the diversity of player ratings and behaviours and the accuracy of those ratings compared to their real life counterparts. To have something as important as the player weight reversed is just one big FAIL.

It's a great thing that you were able to fix the bug with a different ROM, but I still feel sorry for all those Genesis cartridges out there with the bug and for all those that have had to play with the bug for so long. It's just.. not right.

I assume the weight bug is also evident in the earlier versions of genesis, 93 and 92. I remember playing 92 and my brother getting pissed because his big guys were getting knocked down....I thought i was invincible.....but really I was just bunk.

beavers is awesome.

NEM/TUR/GAR is an option if you need to keep your players light. I don't know how y'all played with that weight failure for so long (nor why you continue to do so). come on over to the SNES side and enjoy the Rangers as an elite, cup-winning team.

It still boggles my mind that there's a "weight bug" in Genesis. It must be so annoying that heavy players play like light players, and vice versa.. I don't know how you guys can deal with it. One of the great things about NHL94 is the diversity of player ratings and behaviours and the accuracy of those ratings compared to their real life counterparts. To have something as important as the player weight reversed is just one big FAIL.

It's a great thing that you were able to fix the bug with a different ROM, but I still feel sorry for all those Genesis cartridges out there with the bug and for all those that have had to play with the bug for so long. It's just.. not right.

Yawn. Lets not get into this again. The popularity of the Gens version proves what an awesome game it is. Yes, the weight bug is a mistake, but it adds a fascinating tactical aspect, to which this thread is an example: Often a light average guy can be prefered to a heavy skilled guy, and a poor player who's 4 weight can suddenly be invaluable to your team.

Messier & Lemieux may have been great real life players, but this is a video game. No gens player really loses sleep that they're not amongst the elite. THE GAME is wonderful.

The fact we're here after nearly 20 years & GENS is still the most popular version shows your above comments are irrelevant.

Check out Boknows articles which highlight the good, and bad from both versions, such as hitting the post 10 times a game in SNES or that ridiculous penalty shot bug.

2 systems, 2 great games. End of discussion.

....End of discussion.
somehow, I doubt that.

LOL. Nightmare on NHL '94!!!!!! Ron Barr with the Power Glove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I considered Messier with a donut, but he's been so good for me in Blitz that I gotta respect the moose.

If your pain and suffering could make 1 person smile, it's been worth it. Especially true because right now I'm 3-7 and went 2-1 against you!

Just stick it out bud. I went 36-4 in C and won the playoff... then I snuck into the semi-final in A with Chicago last season. The A League is no joke! As I mentioned, I'm 3-7 right now. Just have fun, learn from it, and you'll be an awesome bud!

nightmare-on-nhl94.png

Edited by da94wookiee

LOL. Nightmare on NHL '94!!!!!! Ron Barr with the Power Glove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I considered Messier with a donut, but he's been so good for me in Blitz that I gotta respect the moose.

If your pain and suffering could make 1 person smile, it's been worth it. Especially true because right now I'm 3-7 and went 2-1 against you!

Just stick it out bud. I went 36-4 in C and won the playoff... then I snuck into the semi-final in A with Chicago last season. The A League is no joke! As I mentioned, I'm 3-7 right now. Just have fun, learn from it, and you'll be an awesome bud!

nightmare-on-nhl94.png

LOL that picture is pretty funny heh. Is that undertaker? :D Yeh A league definetely is harder, thats for sure. I "might" be .500 at best with a team suited for me. It probably would only have bought me maybe another couple of wins. There are guys better than me in this league and more experienced. I guess I just need some time to adjust to the players and get used to everything. I have definetely been humbled! I will say that! But perhaps this will build character lol. I'm just pissed at myself though for being so stupid. NY is definetely not the right team for me but maybe I can get used to them (hahaha yeh right).

• 2 months later...