NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95 PC Online Games

PixelDragon

Hey everybody,

I just find a way to play with DosBox online games, so we can play NHL95 pc online...

If anyone is interested, just send me a message on AIM

AIM : Pearate

Here is the way to do this with the DosBox :

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Connectivity#Start_IPX_server

See ya

Edited by Dragon

Hey everybody,

I just find a way to play with DosBox online games, so we can play NHL95 pc online...

I am quite sure that NHL95 PC does not support network game. Dosbox support IPX, but in that case NHL95 should have network game option for it, which it does not have. Correct me if I am wrong. Have you tried this and managed to play NHL95 PC over network?

I am quite sure that NHL95 PC does not support network game. Dosbox support IPX, but in that case NHL95 should have network game option for it, which it does not have. Correct me if I am wrong. Have you tried this and managed to play NHL95 PC over network?

Maybe you are right...

That's why I need to test a game with someone

But if we compare with Gens and SNES versions, they doesn't have network options too...

Only the emulator has the online option...

We will see

But if we compare with Gens and SNES versions, they doesn't have network options too...

Only the emulator has the online option...

Dosbox and IPX-protocol are different case than Sega/SNES emulator and Kaillera. It is explained here: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=8937&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=nhl95&start=0

Dosbox and IPX-protocol are different case than Sega/SNES emulator and Kaillera. It is explained here: http://vogons.zetafl...t=nhl95&start=0

I know all of this, I just imagined that with the IPX connection, we can start a multilayer game... As if we were on the same computer...

If not we find certainly another way to manage an online game...

I'm sure that this is possible. B)

There is no any built-in support for network gaming in NHL95PC. So IPX support in Dosbox won't be enough. That means somebody must built that support to game or some kind of program which makes multiplayer gaming via network possible with Dosbox and NHL95PC. I suppose programming gurus can do almost anything if they put their mind and time for it, but as far as I know, nobody is working to solve this "problem" ;)

There is many VNC-software solutions available, which may work. Although I have not heard that anyone has managed to make this kind of combination (Dosbox/DOS + DOS game without network game support) work as multiplayer gaming via VNC.

Anyways, I hope you are right and this is possible! Good luck to find the solution!

Edited by Kiba