NHL'94 Forums

*** IMPORTANT LEAGUE CHANGE ***

Evan

Hey everyone,

We have finally converted the website over to be database driven. Please read the following procedure to logging a game now (You can always find the rules info here: http://www.nhl94online.com/html/rules.shtml

----------------------------------------------------------------

After you have completed a game online vs. your opponent, both teams must log the game. Here's how:

1 - The HOME team should go to their team page and click on the hyperlink for the game played. They should then fill in the score, enter their password and log the game. Once that is completed, the AWAY team can go to their team page and click on the hyperlink for the game played. Assuming that the home team has filled in the score correctly, the AWAY user will fill in their password and confirm the game score.

If the HOME user has entered the score incorrectly, the AWAY user may make a correction. The HOME user must then confirm the corrected score. Once both teams have confirmed a score, the team page and standings will automatically be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------

This means no more posting game scores on the forums unless you'd like to write about the game. I have emailed everyone there passwords for the logging a game page. You can change the password if you like. On the team page, when you click on a game you want to log, there's a link to change password.

Also, it should be in effect in a few hours from this post, but both http://nhl94online.net or http://nhl94online.com can be used to access the league. We were just waiting for the .com DNS to switch over.

Once we get comfortable with the new system, the league should run even smoother with all the standings, teampages, and scores being updated instantly. Please, if you have any questions... ASK!

-Evan

PS I haven't heard back from a couple coaches about playing games. There will probably be a couple changes in the near future if I don't hear back very soon.

Seems to be working fine for both .com and .net for me at both home and work. Sometimes browsers don't all refresh webpages immediately.

-Evan

HOLY MOTHER OF ASS Evan you have completely outdone yourself man. I don't know WTF that really means but this is just an awsome thing you have done for the site, nevermind the admin side of not having to punch in the manual updates. Great job man I really cannot say this enough, and look for my constant msn spam in the coming days as I am proly gonna ask for autographs and stuff because this is just too awesome.

No way man, I know who it'd definitely be if it was earlier in the season.......... but with his season pretty much over I don't think it'd happen now.

No way man, I know who it'd definitely be if it was earlier in the season.......... but with his season pretty much over I don't think it'd happen now.

Haha... I think we have the same guy in mind. Does his name start with a B and end with a SDaemon?

rudyw

Come on guys... don't post stuff like that. Keep those type of comments to yourself. It's stuff along those lines that start problems for us.

I don't need anymore to worry about.

Thanks.

Guest nhl92fan
I can't wait for the first loser who doesn't want to confirm a score. My money's on...cr0ssbar.

:D

Great job Evan, this new system is awesome!

When do the playoffs start? I can't wait!!!