NHL'94 Forums

Idea for a new league

Start with original rom SNES or GENS

All player in the rom start with all atttribute at 3

Each coach has +-20 attributes points that can be applied to his players

A player can't receive more than +-5 attributes points

Good idea ??

Edited by dan_lizhot

I like it - always been loved the idea of a league where you distribute the skill attributes yourself among the players. gens I may be interested but only would hesitate to see blitz/classic wind up because theres a ton of lgs goin on right now.

Would the team/player attribute reset to "3" every season? Or would you let players build-up players/skills continually over seasons?

Maybe games played deadlines can be used as an incentive/punishment with player attributes the next season.

LEAGUE OVERLOAD!!!!!! Like Kupuck says, ton of leagues here!

Great idea though when Blitz & classic finish. You'd have to reset each season though or after a few seasons all your players would be perfect 5s. You'd also need a way to prevent guys basically creating the exact same team each season (By just distributing the points the same way).

Some factor that effects if you get a speed, pass, shot etc point to distribute to one of your players could help with the variation, and like Kupuck says, some sort of development aspect to take your team & build their skills would be pretty cool.

This one definitely has legs though! Great suggestion!

I like it - always been loved the idea of a league where you distribute the skill attributes yourself among the players. gens I may be interested but only would hesitate to see blitz/classic wind up because theres a ton of lgs goin on right now.

Would the team/player attribute reset to "3" every season? Or would you let players build-up players/skills continually over seasons?

Maybe games played deadlines can be used as an incentive/punishment with player attributes the next season.

I like these ideas too. Maybe this would be a good tournament idea as opposed to a full out league. I would surely join.

I was thinking of this exact idea a little while back...so of course I think it's brilliant. lol.

Do we keep all the weights the same? I like the idea of having all the weights be 8 to start, and then if you want to increase/decrease someone's weight, you have to use it from someone else. So, increase Player A to 9 weight, you have to decrease Player B to 7. So total weight doesn't change.

Also, if it's not too complicated, I would like to see that same concept with attributes, but restricted to the same player. So if I wanted to go from 3 agility to 2, I can add 1 more to another attribute, but only for the same player. This would be separate from the 20 additional points originally distributed.

Again, love this idea...just needs some more thoughts on exact rules.

I would also think this resets every year. Or, if it's a stable league with coaches, top winning coaches get -5 attributes, losing coaches get +5...maybe some kind of scale in between.

I had the exact opposite idea.. I called it the Nascar League. All team line-ups are indentical (like 2v2), but you could choose the jersey colours. Might work better as a tournament.

First of all, i know we have a lot of league, that's only a idea to create a league when we want a league lol.

I don't have all rule because i want some commentary about a system work with attribute distribution. I have another idea to how we can split the attribute is to separate the attribute in category. I think 3 category - offensive skill / defensive skill / physical and, like kingraph says, take by exemple attribute shot power, pass the attribute 3 to 2 and give this point to shot accuracy.

I want your opinion to know how YOU see a league with a attirbute distribution.

And another thing, im interested to create a website or something like that for the league and i can work on the rom, but i don't want run the league.

In the sim leagues I've been in, they've done similar leagues but assigned attribute points through "camps". Skating camp, Offense camp, goalie camp etc..

That's how i can see that :

Example what you can do :

Mario Lemieux

Offensive skill :

OfA : 3 – 1 = 2

StH : 3

ShP : 3 + 1 = 4

ShA : 3

Pas : 3

Defensive skill :

DfA : 3

ChK : 3

H/F : 3

Agr : 3

Athlectic :

End : 3

Rgh : 3

Agl : 3

Spd : 3

Wgt : 5

Example what you can't do :

Mario Lemieux

Offensive skill :

ShP : 3

Defensive skill :

ChK : 3 + 1 = 4

Athlectic :

you can add/reduce attribute interior of the section only, offensice with offensive, defensive with defensive etc... and you have 20 extra attributes you can put where you want with a limit of 5 per player.

Here a google spreedsheet to help https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At3I4eAfKFaRdGNDTVFLUjZDbnhrNEtTRGF4dFJRR2c

please don't edit before the league start.

That's how i can see that :

Example what you can do :

Mario Lemieux

Offensive skill :

ShP : 3 + 1 = 4

Defensive skill :

ChK : 3

Athlectic :

Example what you can't do :

Mario Lemieux

Offensive skill :

ShP : 3

Defensive skill :

ChK : 3 + 1 = 4

Athlectic :

you can add/reduce attribute interior of the section only, offensice with offensive, defensive with defensive etc... and you have 20 extra attributes you can put where you want with a limit of 5 per player.

Here a google spreedsheet to help https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At3I4eAfKFaRdGNDTVFLUjZDbnhrNEtTRGF4dFJRR2c

please don't edit before the league start.

Just make it view only

Different attributes have different value in the game. I'd make all my guys 6 speed if I could.

So I think you'd want to give people say 100 "points", and different things cost different amounts of points, and going from 5-->6 costs more points than going from 3-->4 or 4-->5.

Different attributes have different value in the game. I'd make all my guys 6 speed if I could.

So I think you'd want to give people say 100 "points", and different things cost different amounts of points, and going from 5-->6 costs more points than going from 3-->4 or 4-->5.

Wow, that is simply awesome! We'd have to create a matrix that shows the attributes on the left axis and the values 1-6 on the top. By position. In each box would be the point value assigned to buy/sell that attribute. Like you said, the higher the attribute you want to buy, the more points it would cost. And attributes like speed and shot power would cost more than defensive awareness and passing.

Maybe use the attribute survey I did a while back as a starting point to come up with relative values for the attributes. Then fine tune after a little testing. Or ask a few guys to come up with their own matrices and see where the averages fall.

Exciting stuff...I'd be happy to help.

you could do some kind of "free market" thing where only a certain number of attribute buffs are available, and people can buy them from each other? The issue, though, would be that you'd get an unfair advantage by being online more.