NHL'94 Forums

No Goalies Allowed

What is the longest anyone has gone in the playoffs without using a goalie?

Jeff and I used to try alot a few years back to use Ottawa(presumably the worst team) to win the cup in four games without a goalie. First with five minutes, then ten and eventually 20 mins. Without cheating of course, and once you loose a game you have to start in the first round again. And no pausing the game repeatedly to slow down the puck! I think we won it all on two occasions.

It's very frustrating playing ultimate defense all the time and then finally getting the puck only to be very slow and have little passing ability. But its good times when Kudelski and Baker get the job done in the end.

Never tried it. Seems pretty insane, cool to know you guys pulled it off though. I just tried a regular season game like that, and playing with a very good team (LA) against a bad team (FLorida) and i still only won by a goal. I can say this though, seems like it would be much easier with two players. Plenty of times when a computer teammate should've made a check but just stood there. Here's the results on paper:

NHL_Hockey_94__UE______001.bmp

Mark Lamb is key with Ottawa ;). Him and Baker are killer together. Keep Turgeon on for some speed, and bench Kudelski!.

that's the most horrible 'wink' smiley i've ever seen. He looks like something *very* uncomfortable is happening to him.

Mark Lamb is key with Ottawa :(. Him and Baker are killer together. Keep Turgeon on for some speed, and bench Kudelski!.

that's the most horrible 'wink' smiley i've ever seen. He looks like something *very* uncomfortable is happening to him.

Oi! Don't be messin with Kudelski! :P