NHL'94 Forums

Mandatory Fighters on Rosters/Lineups

DaDonch44

10 members have voted

1. 1. Bruiser Requirement on Rosters/in Lineups (10+ Fighting Rating)

• Yes (2 Bruisers on Roster / 1 in Starting Lineup)
    • No (I want free reign to draft and run my team)

I voted yes, but would like to clarify that I think that every team should have at least one fighter who would be automatically subbed in in the event of an injury (if not on your starting line-up).

I voted yes, but would like to clarify that I think that every team should have at least one fighter who would be automatically subbed in in the event of an injury (if not on your starting line-up).

Honestly, I don't care about fighting. Pick a team of all the fighters. It's your team, do what you want.

It'd be interesting if the loser of a fight could somehow be injured for multiple games based on a random number generator of some sort. Losing a playoff series, throw in the crash line and try to take someone out for a few games!

Honestly, I don't care about fighting. Pick a team of all the fighters. It's your team, do what you want.

ironically it would be WTGA if someone did draft a tm full of goons. And i wouldnt be suprised if ur the one who did it LOL

Guest ibleedblue

I kind of like the idea because fighting is an element I missed from later titles. However, this is probably not that big of a deal as there are many quality players who are also good fighters: Probert, Neely, Roberts, Chiasson, Burr, Verbeek to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...

After polling all 16 coaches, the vote ended in a tie (8-8).

Giving it considerable thought, I have decided to give all coaches free reign to pick whomever they want for the draft.

It's the first season; if this needs to be reviewed and possibly changed in future seasons, we can re-visit the discussion.

You know if you would have just done it with the weight bug fix you could have had it both ways... people would draft heavier guys who are generally fighters because of the fix. But I guess that would just be too easy lol

You know if you would have just done it with the weight bug fix you could have had it both ways... people would draft heavier guys who are generally fighters because of the fix. But I guess that would just be too easy lol

FTW

Doesn't fighting just get you a minute in the penalty box? Excluding the fun of pummeling your opponent with your fists, I would think having fighters is a disadvantage? Like Bob Probert would be awesome with weight bug fix, but you're guaranteed to have him in the box at least once a game.

Doesn't fighting just get you a minute in the penalty box? Excluding the fun of pummeling your opponent with your fists, I would think having fighters is a disadvantage? Like Bob Probert would be awesome with weight bug fix, but you're guaranteed to have him in the box at least once a game.

yeah fighting is lame, you shouldn't be forced into provoking it with goons you don't want