NHL'94 Forums

Just joined, looking for a game and help with Hamachi

NorthwayNative

First off, I want to say thanks to the guys responsible for putting this site together, this is just awesome.

I grew up playing hockey up in Alaska, and during the dark winters there, gaming was a necessity. As soon as the SNES came out and I got my hands on NHLPA 93', I never looked back. As great as 93' was, 94' has always been the pinnacle of the series for me. I've played 1000's of games and I think it speaks to the quality of the game when there are so many people who still play it.

I'd like to try a few exhibition games with anyone who'd be willing. I got AIM and Hamachi set up, but there's a problem I'm running into. When I try to connect to the "test" network, it tells me it is "full". I'm fairly computer savvy but this program has me a bit baffled. If anyone can offer some help, I'm all ears.

A few more questions:

1. I know that both parties need the same rom, so how do you determine if you have the same version?

2. The amount of leagues is overwhelming, if I want to be in an SNES league, which one is a good place to start, and how can I find the schedules for said league?

3. Do you guys usually play with offsides on/off, and penalties on or off?

Sorry if there's a post that answers some of my questions, I have to say that the forum is a little overwhelming at first so I though I'd just throw this out here instead of searching around.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading. I look forward to smashing all opposition with the unstoppable Roenick.

Hamachi used to be cool, then they decided to be greedy and only allow you to have 5 people per group unless you pay them a certain amount per year. So (for the most part) what we do is we each just have our own little group and have people join when we want to play them, then just kick people out when it gets up to 5.

As far as the other questions:

1. There is a default 94 rom you can download off the main nhl94.com site. The other leagues all have their own ROMs, and whenever the commissioner updates it he usually puts something at the end like V2 or whatever so it doesn't mess it up.

2. Classic C is the best place to start. Classic playoffs are going on right now and the new league won't happen for a couple months. So now would be a good time to get exhibition games in vs as many SNES guys as you can. http://nhl94online.com/html/online-players.php?lgtype=snes

3. Almost every league (Genesis or SNES) is played offsides off, penalties on, and line changes off. There are rare exceptions, however.

Welcome to the community!

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I'm stoked to start playing, and once again am really excited to have found this site.

One last thing: As far as playing with some of the people from the site, can i just start adding random names (from the snes link you provided)to my AIM or is there a thread where I can request to play?

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I'm stoked to start playing, and once again am really excited to have found this site.

One last thing: As far as playing with some of the people from the site, can i just start adding random names (from the snes link you provided)to my AIM or is there a thread where I can request to play?

Dang, if you were a gens player we could fight to the death to settle who has cutest cat and dog group photo. Since that's not gonna happen you can add random people and make threads requesting to play. Most people here are real friendly and are always looking to get games in!

Dang, if you were a gens player we could fight to the death to settle who has cutest cat and dog group photo. Since that's not gonna happen you can add random people and make threads requesting to play. Most people here are real friendly and are always looking to get games in!

Haha, I'd say it's a stalemate, some cute creatures you got there! Not opposed to playing some Gens in the future, I just got started playing some exhibition games with c4outlaws on SNES tonight, he kicked my butt but it was really fun. I took him to OT one game which was a milestone in my career. Thanks again c4, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

One more thing, I'm new to AIM so I'm not 100%, but I believe my AIM sn is either fromdacradle2dagrave@yahoo.com or Northway Native.

welcome bud!

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14869-snes-juicedsign-up-here/