NHL'94 Forums

Some thoughts on the Fall 2012 season

Oilers442

Hey everyone. I just officially bowed out of the SNES A playoffs by losing in the opening round to Cjgarnet 4 games to 1. Having played him in hundreds of exhibition games over the last few years, I am not suprised one bit about the series loss. In the end, his Chicago Blackhawks played out of their minds (Larmer in particular), while my Washington Capitals struggled somewhat but overall just didn't seem to have that same magic that had carried me throughout the season.

Ultimately, I'd like to congratulate Cjgarnet on the victory. GGS and best of luck in the next round brother! :)

As far as this season as a whole goes, i simply have one thing to say to everyone; Thank you. To have been allowed into SNES A while technically a classic league rookie has been nothing short of a blessing. I'd like to thank Halifax and Chaos for allowing me into SNES A and nhl94dan for volunteering to move to SNES B for my sake. To have been given the chance to play against the best SNES players in the world and even prove to myself and them that I could mix it up with them and perform rather well and even beyond my expectations has been an incredible experience. I waited for so long to finally participate in a league and despite not winning a title, I can say that I'm proud to have played all my games and at least etched my name into the history books as an online league participant for the greatest sports game to have ever been created!

As for what the future holds, I can only say that I'm not sure. Over the last few months, I've been struggling with some family issues, personal things, and career/job setbacks that have collectively taken their toll on me. While my intention is to most certainly come back for more classic seasons, the next few months and what happens during them are going to weigh heavily on if I'll be able to come back for Spring 2013 classic and beyond. Thus, I most definitely need take some time to try and fix my life and get myself moving in the direction(s) I should have been heading all along.

However, I'd like to make one last thing clear...this is not an exit...I've had the time of my life playing this game and don't forsee myself putting it away forever...merely scaling back somewhat. I'll still at the very least be around for occasional exhibition games from time to time. I'd love nothing more than to play a season or more of SNES A with the Edmonton Oilers and prove that they are a worthy online team for SNES. We shall see if that day will come...

GGS everyone and thanks for a great season!!

-Oilers442

Edited by Oilers442

Oilers is a guy who was a noob and become a top player by sticking with it and trying to learn as much as possible and he lost to a guy in Cjgarnet who came up in the same way.

Guys like this keep raising the bar on the level of play and the level of sportsmanship.

All the best