NHL'94 Forums

Non snaking draft?!?

Bo Knows NHL94

Every other league in the history of this site has had a snaking draft. It's incredibly unfair to not reverse the order in the 2nd, 4th, 6th etc. rounds. Please rethink this Dan? At least let us vote.

I totally agree. I think snake draft is best. I know danliz wants to try and even then league out with the noobs but is it isnt right. So danliz is saying, that in a snake draft, my 11 and 14 picks are at least equal or better than the 1 and 24 pick? I would gladly switch for the 1 and 24 picks. BUT as it currently is, 1-13 are WAY BETTER than 11 and 23. Just not right.

Yeah I agree totally with c4. We would all love to have 1 and 24. And what's with giving noobs the first picks?? Poor fank played his ass off and played his games even when he got beat up and now we screw him out of a first pick? New guys don't deserve first picks they deserve the last picks. Snaking draft still. Or at least put the new guys after non playoff teams but before playoff teams... certainly not first though. Fank earned that spot by playing hard.

I also agree that snake draft is better, however I am fine either way.

I also agree that Fank and others should have a shot at the 1st overall, however I am fine either way. (maybe next year, a lottery/random weighted draw similar to the NBA (or NHL) system be used to determine the top picks).

And lastly, I also think it's important to again point out that Dan puts a ton of time and work into the league including the draft, and we are really really appreciative of his efforts, regardless of the way the draft works. So a big Thank You to Dan.

last league i ended up with what, 58 games or so?, so not entirely deserving that 1st pick,

though i do agree with the snaking draft,

although it does give those up the order the advantage,

little to no use trading, cause the top allready have what they want and wont profit from any trades.

I have a feeling that no matter what type of draft, the top teams will be the ones controlled by guys like Bo, Houly and C4!

hmm, also Oilers442, xot, etc... lots of excellent players.

Edited by Bob Kudelski

And lastly, I also think it's important to again point out that Dan puts a ton of time and work into the league including the draft, and we are really really appreciative of his efforts, regardless of the way the draft works. So a big Thank You to Dan.

I agree, I think the work he put into this is great. I love the league. I just think that maybe he should have held a poll with the veteran coaches to get some input

Can't say too much personally about snaking due to my draft position...it doesn't really affect me much in this case. However, I will say it should probably be kept at least for consistency's sake in terms of season 1 and 2 having snaking.

As for the new guys having the top picks, I dunno. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. My goal was to get an elite player early. Ideally, I wanted Cam Neely and maybe would have got him if Fank took Lemieux or Bourque. However, I'm happy with Yzerman so it's all good :)

Edited by Oilers442

Yeah I'm sorry if I came off rude or anything. Dan put a ton of effort in and he's the man and we all appreciate what he's done for SDL. I'm just trying to offer my opinion and like c4 said give our input.

And what's with giving noobs the first picks?? Poor fank played his ass off and played his games even when he got beat up and now we screw him out of a first pick? New guys don't deserve first picks they deserve the last picks. Snaking draft still.

Im not agree with that bo. The new coach does not have experience in Draft/trade league and come from SNES-C classic league. If that's not fair, we have a problem.

Im not agree with that bo. The new coach does not have experience in Draft/trade league and come from SNES-C classic league. If that's not fair, we have a problem.

True... Draft leagues are completley different to classic leagues, Though They can (and should) be able to hold their own against some of the big guys...

from my experience, (imbo) Im still the "weakest" player in the league, The 4 "newbies" to the league are definetly at least classic B material or better.

Dan, Wether its a question aboust skill or drafting experience, You are the mastermind and you are allowed to do whatever you feel is necessary.

Though, If you dont snake the draft, you are taking away the learning curve of what the draft is all about, and the stratergy in coming with the picks and who to trade with etc.

The trading game is effectively nought for them.

Thats my opinion on it... A non snake draft would hurt them in the long run rather than help them.

Well that part is fine I guess. I think maybe giving new coaches picks after non-playoff teams but before playoff teams would be good, but either way...

The non-snaking was really my problem. Last picks go first in round 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 i think is the only way to do it. It's just way too unbalanced to give 1st pick every round to a guy.

I appreciate your comments, especially from Bo because he continue to stay myself motivated even when I had no taste to continue running this league. I hated make the same thing two time and i like make some change. But, im playing no more in SDL and i need to run the league how she's appreciate. Im not really good in english and i think that's why im not communicate enough with all of you. For the future, it will be important to make some poll and talk more with some coach like you c4, Bo and xot82 to see how we can improve this league and how it should be run.