NHL'94 Forums

Thanks Kingraph

CoachMac

Well Dorothy (or Coach Mac) you're (correctly used Smozoma) not in Kansas anymore.

I played online last night for the first time in 2 exi's against Kingraph.

The good news is:

I had a ton of fun.

Kingraph is a cool helpful player and really good.

I have everything hooked up correctly to play.

I won the only fight. (Mellanby of Edmonton beat up Fleury of Calgary) of course I think Theo had 10 goals.

The bad news is:

I am not very good.

I got my arse handed to me twice.

My questions are;

Is it normal for the game to play faster online? Almost like a strob light.

Is there anyway to prevent this?

Anyway thanks Kingraph.

You're welcome!

I know what you're talking about with the feeling like the game is going faster than normal, it usually happens when the ping is high. I think we had a ping of 90 something, which is on the higher end, but playable. I'm in NJ...my guess is you are somewhere west coast? I don't think there is much you can do, as far as I know.

Ggs dude, feel free to hit me up, or anyone from the GDL'93 league up for exhibitions!

It's not always choppy via distance - but both parties would need a good connection to have a smooth game. Make sure you're (proper usage) not running or DLing other stuff and maybe reboot?

Also - Kingraph went to the A finals in Blitz, so you're playing one of the very best and online is a different beast. You'll get better over time like everyone does plus you'll have better results against the B levels players (like me).

Just to be clear -- after the 1st period of the first game, Coach Mac said something like, "don't ease up, I need the practice". Otherwise Theo would not have exploded for 10 goals, lol.

Coach Mac was also scoring goals and teaching me a thing or two on how to adjust my playing style to 93 vs 94. So we're both learning!

On that note -- Any other '94 guys are suffering from manual goalie withdrawal symptoms? :lol:

When my opponent gets a breakaway in '93, I feel absolute DREAD as I'm helplessly watching what is a 90% likelihood of a goal being scored on my pathetic goalie (TBD in GDL, but they all collectively stink). It killing me!...lol, I hope I learn to cope after playing more '93.

Good point too on distance not being 100% responsible for the strobe effect. I played many games against kupuck (who I know is in California) with no issues. Let's see what happens when you continue to play others online.

I never got the manual goalie in '94.

Probably why I like '93.

I played against my buddy out here later and we found if we left the screen small the game would not speed up as much.

Why?

So I had to choose between a small screen and more normal game play or a large screen and the strobe effect.

I am not running anything else, but what does DLing mean?

And yes I was glad to see the King was a quality opponent to learn against and I was in no way implying he was running up the score.

I am a Coach and if you get the score run up on ya the message is get better.

I think our 2 games were 11-2 and 12-6 and like I said the fighting is fun because even in the 11-2 beat down I brought out the goons in the 3rd and Mellanby beat up Fleury even though the King was a better fighter but Theo's 28 fight rank was no match for Mellanby's 71.

So I had to choose between a small screen and more normal game play or a large screen and the strobe effect.

Are you talking about the game screen flashing constantly?? I have the same issue and so far the only fix I have found for it is to play in full screen mode.

I am not running anything else, but what does DLing mean?

Downloading, which would possibly cause lag. But it seems your strobe issue isn't due to that.

I brought out the goons in the 3rd and Mellanby beat up Fleury...

I loved that, lol Especially since it was Fleury who was taken out!