NHL'94 Forums

Gens A - Tomkabs(NYR) Vs Kingraph (MTL)

TomKabs93

lol. B league runner up goes to A finals.............with NYR

............but I was just being a whiny b***h who doesn't like losing when I dared to suggest these guys weren't B leaguers shudda been in the A league in the first place?

youre still a whiny b***h :)

You don't understand the concept of different levels. I play 94 probably once a week now. Never going to improve beyond where i'm at now. Too many other things going on that take priority to even practise vs the computer now, let alone play online.

I think you must just be pretty pissed that what I was saying before the season has even started has been proven right.

Keep the competition good & put everyone in the right place & the leagues will be a lot more interesting when you can't predict the final before anyone's even played.

..........and before we get into the "you can't take losing" bollocks, if that was so i'd be whining about how I should be in the C league wouldn't I?

You don't understand the concept of different levels. I play 94 probably once a week now. Never going to improve beyond where i'm at now. Too many other things going on that take priority to even practise vs the computer now, let alone play online.

I think you must just be pretty pissed that what I was saying before the season has even started has been proven right.

Keep the competition good & put everyone in the right place & the leagues will be a lot more interesting when you can't predict the final before anyone's even played.

..........and before we get into the "you can't take losing" bollocks, if that was so i'd be whining about how I should be in the C league wouldn't I?

So what about someone like me who was a ''B'' player when the league started up, but then improved throughout the season?

So what about someone like me who was a ''B'' player when the league started up, but then improved throughout the season?

Yeah, no one saw it coming........................oh, wait

Gonna say 1 thing tho - I get that he's not yet at the highest level, but Plabax is going to waltz the B league

Highest level means "amongst the best". Waltzing the B league means "Above B level".

...............seriously, are all the kids at your school this dumb? It's like trying to explain the simplest things to the Cookie Monster!

Highest level means "amongst the best". Waltzing the B league means "Above B level".

...............seriously, are all the kids at your school this dumb? It's like trying to explain the simplest things to the Cookie Monster!

You are creating your own levels. The highest level is A, that's it that's all. The A league is for the best players, that is why it is the highest level :glare:

If waltzing the B league is above ''B level'' then I should be at ''A level''. What's after that level?

Edited by PlabaxV2

My god. seriously? we have to do this.............sigh

The A league is the highest level, but obviously some are better than others. Carse is probably a higher standard than say xdeath for example (Sorry xdeath, not meant to be a negative thing). One thing all A leaguers have in common though is that the B league is not a competitive challenge for them...................like the B league wasn't for you and Tomkabs this season.

..................Would you rather I drew a picture for you or something?

My god. seriously? we have to do this.............sigh

The A league is the highest level, but obviously some are better than others. Carse is probably a higher standard than say xdeath for example (Sorry xdeath, not meant to be a negative thing). One thing all A leaguers have in common though is that the B league is not a competitive challenge for them...................like the B league wasn't for you and Tomkabs this season.

..................Would you rather I drew a picture for you or something?

ahh xdeath, the man you beat in GENS B playoffs, yes I remember him :)

robbie will only be happy when he's the best B player, but that's never gonna happen so he should just stop complaining.

do guys in the AHL complain that top NHL draft picks play in their games and sometimes dominate before getting called up? no, because it's understood that there's a progression before people are ready for the "big leagues". just play your games and have fun.

robbie will only be happy when he's the best B player, but that's never gonna happen so he should just stop complaining.

do guys in the AHL complain that top NHL draft picks play in their games and sometimes dominate before getting called up? no, because it's understood that there's a progression before people are ready for the "big leagues". just play your games and have fun.

GL in the semis Sicarius, and despite it all I can honestly say this has been my most enjoyable Classic season, using my boyhood team. It definitely took me back to the days playing this game when it was originally released. LA will defo be my 1st choice again in the fall. Really good fun, and pleased with how I played pretty much every game. Just couldn't get any more out of em than I did.

.........................good one :wacko:

Fact is the top 2 players in B this season scored over 6 goals a game, and the B league runner up has now taken one of the weaker teams to the A league finals! B league was not competitive this season. It may hurt you, but I WAS RIGHT!! Get over it.

Back when you, Rammer & Sicarius were dominating C league I said you should all be moved up to B, so obviously I wasn't thinking "Oh no, keep those guys away from me" was I?

A fundamental part of organising the leagues is making sure they're competitive for everyone (Which is why there are sperate leagues in the first place. Seems obvious really? :unsure:) If that wasn't the aim just throw everyone in together GDL style. How many C guys dropped out that season because you 3 were beating up on them? How many of the B guys that dropped this season did so because their enthusiasm waned? Would B league have got near completing (Like it usually always does) if people had felt they had a shot at winning? (I completed my 40).

Having competitive leagues is essential to keeping the community strong. Keeping people motivated to play & keeping new players around to develop their skills.

I enjoyed my season. IMO Sicarius & Eggink are way above my level now. I'm nothing more than average B league, and will be forever now that I only get on at weekends to play a few. No problem, but it does give you a "why am I playing" feeling when you know you're realistically only seeing if you can make the semi-finals.

All of this is basic stuff. Simple concepts that I would expect a small child of average intelligence to easily understand....................so i'm not surprised you're struggling.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

If I knew this was going to happen I would've tried harder to beat TomKabs!

No knock on TK...

"he beat me...straight up"

My reaction was similar to Teddy KGB in Rounders (skip to 2:40 if it doesn't work).

Anyway, enough, please.