NHL'94 Forums

2012 bud of the year!

halifax

This years vote was scrutinized intensely. I had many parts of my brain vote for a lot of buds, and there were buds who got multiple votes....I tallied up all the votes my brain did plus a couple extra votes from community members.

The definition of bud of the year changes daily, which allows the voting process to vote for the appropriate buds of my brain's choosing. That's why this voting process isn't biased whatsoever.

2009 and 2010, smozoma was our winner, then last year, we had co buds, smozoma and nhl94dan.

This year we once again have co-buds!

Big thanks to Smozoma and Dadonch44!

I was once again blown away that for a full calendar year that smozoma still takes the time to answer editing/hacking questions on the forums for noobs and vets a like, regardless of the console as well. he still ran his blitz league and also sets up the summit series site for the buds. We love smoz to death and even more so that he continues to go above and beyond.

Dadonch44 was warmly welcomed back part way through 2012 after taking a hiatus. We missed him during the hiatus. I cried every night but now I don't have to cry anymore.

Dadonch44 revived GDL, started up GDL93 with a new site (the bingo ball videos are spectacular) and also spent time building the SNES KHL juiced website for which he doesnt even play or have any other connection too. he's been a great bud to have back!

Honourable buds category

chaos - for continuing to run two classic leagues a year and build nhl94online.com.

kingraph - for the completion of the new survivor league and for helping with classic in fall 2012

nhl94dan - for a 2nd completed SDL and start of a third.

xot - for your snesot.com website and allowing buds to run some 94 tourneys.

Merci buds....I salute you!

And happy new year to all buds!

Damn it. Was sure it was me this year! :exciting:

Excellent choices. The bingo ball videos swing it for me too. Congrats to Smozoma & Dadonch & thanks for all they do. Congrats to the guys on the honourable buds list too. 2012 was a breakthrough year for the amount of guys starting new leagues, making websites, performing hacks & edits, and increasing the overall standard of play. NHL94 - Getting stronger & better almost 20 years on! What a tribute this site is.

On a personal note, hopefully work will sort me out with a company car this year, making my daily commute considerably shorter & allowing me to return to my previous levels of involvement. In particular I want to get back into running leagues (2011 league seems so far away now!) & helping with others again maybe, in addition to being online for hours of exhibs at work daily again :P . Hopefully i'll have time.

Congrats again, & happy new year to all.

Thank you very much for the honor, Halifax! It has been great since being back and my only hope was continuing and improving the greatness that is the NHL '94 Community. I think the talent pool in these leagues continues to go through the roof, and makes the competition that much better for the already established elite players.

It is a great honor to share this with Smozoma. He has done more for this community than I can ever dream of. His insight, knowledge, and patience are second to none.

Here's to a great 2013!

Congrats, and happy new year everyone!

wiserhood-o.gif

BTW, have I mentioned how great the GDL websites are? -or- how much the weight-bug fix means to me personally?