NHL'94 Forums

2012 LEAGUE Season 2 Signups using Clockwise playoff rom

LA Robbie

Hey all,

Looks like i'm getting back in the business of running a league around here. It's been too long :D

I'm guessing all you guys are pretty down about the NHL lockout, and, as a result the lack of a Clockwise NHL94-13 rom, with up to date rosters.

Well here's the next best thing:

The GENS 2012 League, Season 2 using Clockwise's 2012 Playoff rom. We played with his original 2012 rom last year, but the playoff rom was never used in a league, so the pre-playoff trades that Clockwise edited into his playoff rom make it the most up to date NHL rom that hasn't yet been used in a league.

Also, i've (With more that a little help from Smozoma) edited the fatigue & recovery rates in the rom, making it identical to the roms used in the previous 2011 & 2012 leagues.

So here it is. Clockwise's masterpiece dusted off once again to give those of us still active through the winter the chance to play between now & Spring classic.

Here are the league rules (Basically the same as the 2011 & 2012 leagues. Non-negotiable. If it's not for you, no problem):

* 5 minute periods

* Manual goalies (With Y button goalie hack)*

* LINE CHANGES ON, OFFSIDES & ALL PENALTIES ON!!!! The only league to use it, making it something different, more realistic, and in my opinion one for the purists. It also adds a tactical element, with a genuine use for your CHK line, and also gives you a chance to use all the stacked players in Clockwise's rom

* No ties - Tied games at the end of 3 periods & OT get decided by a shootout

* 2 points for a win, 1 for an OT or shootout loss

* A & B league if enough sign up. If not, all in the same league (League separation decided by me)

* Only players who have previously completed a full Classic season can sign up (Less unpredictability & drop outs)

* Banned 94.com players also banned from this league unless they have the commissioner from another league who can vouch for them

Sign ups start now. It's 1st come, 1st served on teams, but if you played in the previous 2012 league you get 1st dibs on keeping your team (I'll be keeping the Ducks in the B league). When you post, state your name, your team choice & which league you want to be placed in. If you're signing up for the 1st time state 3 team choices in case a returning vet takes your 1st choice (Sorry, I don't know who had which team, & the website for the previous league is no longer there)

* One last thing:Here is the league rom. I've edited the fatigue & recovery ratings, but I want to change the OT clock to 3 mins (It's currently 60 mins as it's a playoff rom). Would someone who has NOSE installed on their computer mind doing that please? Edit - Thanks for doing that Plabax! Rom is now league ready!

Good luck guys, & enjoy!

2012 playoff rom league signups:

Plabax Ottawa Senators

Tomkabs Tampa Bay

Gretzkyonacold Anaheim Ducks

Dcicon Chicago Blackhawks

Pearate Washington

Tubahero Philadelphia Flyers

Jer33 LA Kings

ProBob Winnipeg Jets

Minpind Boston

Eggink New Jersey Devils

nhl12playoffsV2 - OvertimeFixed.bin

Hit me with the Sens. If I can't get them give me any other team

When you post, state your name, your team choice & which league you want to be placed in. If you're signing up for the 1st time state 3 team choices in case a returning vet takes your 1st choice

lol ;)

When you post, state your name, your team choice & which league you want to be placed in. If you're signing up for the 1st time state 3 team choices in case a returning vet takes your 1st choice

lol ;)

first rule of league running: no one reads anything! put important stuff right at the start, in big letters.

Was this the Website for this league: http://www.galeague....m/Playoffs.aspx

Bravo to that man! Thanks for finding it. So people can now see who had what team last time around

lol ;)

Wookiee

A league

New York Rangers

Just to clarify, the following people have the rights to the following teams. To qualify for these rights, you had to finish last season with the team, and/or played enough games to count as a legitimate use of them. If you played with more than one team, you have the rights to the first team you had. You can play in the league with a different team not listed below. There are some issues with the website's standing page so some of these are kinda pieced together using a variety of sources, so if anyone sees any mistakes, please let me know :D

Anaheim: Robbie (keeping)

Boston: MinpinD

Buffalo: Pearate (not keeping)

Chicago: Dcicon (keeping)

Detroit: Mav

Edmonton: danlizhot

LA: Bo (not playing)

New Jersey: eggink

NY Islanders: beavers

NY Rangers: KingRaph (this one could create controversy, because wook was allowed to switch teams in the previous league because he and Raph were in separate leagues. But Raph's had the Rangers the 2 previous seasons, and wook will be playing in A this season, so it'd make sense to give the rights to the Rangers to Raph and Wook the rights to the team he had in A the previous season, in Pittsburgh (not playing)

Pittsburgh: Wook (not keeping)

St. Louis: Sicarius

Tampa Bay: Carse

Toronto: Icestorm

Vancouver: Kupuck (not playing)

Washington: SOH

Winnipeg: Probob (keeping)

Edited by PRoBob38

Seeing that I was Chicago last season would there be any issue in taking them again. If not I don't mind keeping Pitt.

As I type this I've been informed that jay is not interested. So we should be good....

Edited by PRoBob38

Thanks ProBob. End of Monday 7th January to confirm you want to take your old team. After that 1st come, 1st served

Edit: Remember, if we have A & B leagues the same team can be used in each of the 2 leagues. If we throw everyone in together obviously not

yeah, just to clear up any confusion, the only way to lock a team as your own now is if you use the rights you have to a team listed above, or you select a team not on the list. otherwise, it's as if you're just entering the league and a list needs to be submitted.

Edited by PRoBob38

I would respect graph's claim to NYR. After all, he's the kin. Here's my next 3:

Washington

Chicago

Detroit

Lol. Take'em, I'm not signing up this go around.

Robbie, I can come in as a replacement if needed, so keep me in mind for that.

Looks like we might be all in together in one big league this time then. I'll keep signups open until Friday next week anyway.

Just to make you all aware, after getting some feedback from Dadonch about GDL93 performance & discussing it with ProBob, we've decided to let Mav signup.

This is under the condition that he understands the very 1st time I get a message about a tantrum or a suspicious desynch he's out.

Mav knows he reached the point where he wasn't wanted in ANY league, and has apparently made the effort to try to change his rep in GDL93. He knows if he wants to be taken seriously & considered for bigger leagues in the future there's just no option of the past fun & games, & he can't go back to square one.

Any issues let me know, but give the guy a break & see what happens.

Unless he wants to change he has the rights to Detroit from the previous league

Just to make you all aware, after getting some feedback from Dadonch about GDL93 performance & discussing it with ProBob, we've decided to let Mav signup.

This is under the condition that he understands the very 1st time I get a message about a tantrum or a suspicious desynch he's out.

Mav knows he reached the point where he wasn't wanted in ANY league, and has apparently made the effort to try to change his rep in GDL93. He knows if he wants to be taken seriously & considered for bigger leagues in the future there's just no option of the past fun & games, & he can't go back to square one.

Any issues let me know, but give the guy a break & see what happens.

Unless he wants to change he has the rights to Detroit from the previous league

This guy is a real pain, first game of GDL '93 he starts pausing the game on my breakaways and he accuses me of cheating and begs me to let him win.

Hopefully the league is split.

This guy is a real pain, first game of GDL '93 he starts pausing the game on my breakaways and he accuses me of cheating and begs me to let him win.

Hopefully the league is split.

lol. I heard, but I also heard after a talking to he understood & improved drastically. Like I said, it will be zero tolerance. 1st time sumthin happens, adios!

In addition to what Robbie said, mav did complete the previous season with Detroit. So he's actually more qualified for the rights to Detroit than a lot of people are to the teams they were given the rights to.

Let's not make a big controversy out of this. Play him, if there's a problem, let someone know. That's all that's necessary.

Tomorrow (Monday) night is deadline for returning coaches to confirm they'll be back & if they want their previous teams. After that all unclaimed teams will be available to the first that wants them.

Sign-ups will close next Friday 11th January 2013

I'll return with the Devils in B...had a rough go of it last year but maybe the team is rated higher after knocking off the hated Rangers :exciting:

OK, well it looks like we'll all be thrown in together anyway, so i'm gonna have to ask Tomkabs to make another selection as Eggink has the rights to the Devils. Sorry Tomkabs. Let me know who you want