NHL'94 Forums

I don't get it

CoachMac

You sign up for a league.

You spend a week picking 12 players for your team.

and then

after a month we have people who have not played a single game and many who have played less than 10.

When do we start replacing people?

Contracting the league?

How long does a league last?

I am having a total blast playing the games and all the buds I have played have been really cool but I just don't get the guys who aren't playing.

Probably more timing than anything, the holidays have wiped out a lot of league games.

But I agree, with the NHL Coming back next weekend we need to rally the troops and get more games played.

Set a deadline for those guys who haven't played any games (only a couple), and keep things moving along.

Great rom, great league.

I agree, it sucks when people sign up and don't make an effort to play their games. Happens in EVERY league. I know the holidays were during that month so people may have been away.

I don't believe there's a waiting list for '93. I'll ask around (I'm sure Donch already has) and see if any '94 players are interested in filling in spots. Here's the current games played:

CoachMac - 36

houly - 33

Plabax - 30

DaDonch - 28

mav - 27

kingraph - 27

jer_33 - 24

basgey - 19

TomKabs - 18

-------------------- avg 18

eggink - 12

ibleedblue - 11

Vocally Caged - 9

Snyder - 4

meritscholar - 2

minpind - 0

dcicon - 0

I think Snyder is out, he couldn't even play his classic playoff series. What's up with merischolar, minpind, and dcicon? You guys in or out?

I didn't initially set any deadlines; I wanted to see how the flow of the league would be. It has become obvious that we do need to do something.

There is a waiting list with three guys on it; however... dynamo is MIA, Neo hasn't been on in a month and Witt turned a spot down.

Currently, snyder is out so Minnesota is open, and now that dcicon wants out, Colorado is also open.

So, we need replacements. I'm not against contracting, but with the schedule, it will be a pain in the ass figuring all that out.

Get 20 games done by 1/20. (5 weeks)

Get 40 games done by 2/20. (10 weeks)

Get all 56 games done by 3/20. (14 weeks)

I think 3 months is more than enough time to get your games in.

DNPs will count as -3 points on the standings (per game) and against your draft spot (if there is a Season 2).

Remember there is a message board available (it should work).

I know a guy in our Tecmo Bowl League who will play.

Jeremy 9108. He was on the original wait list. I told him to get in touch with you Donch.

And it looks like minpinD is in and playing games.

Gotta be a Season 2.

I need to draft better and we need the wt bug fix.

I am loving it as it is but looking forward to improving.

I may even try 94 if there is a league that will have me.

• 3 weeks later...

If still needing replacements, I'll join.

Awesome -- Snyder (Minnesota) and Meritscholar (Buffalo) should be replaced. Take a look at their teams and see which you like better. Hopefully DaDonch can make it happen.

Minnesota: http://gdl93.herobo.com/TeamPage.php?ID=MIN

Buffalo: http://gdl93.herobo.com/TeamPage.php?ID=BUF

(personally I'd take Minnesota)

I'll take Minnesota. Can start playing as soon as DaDonch makes it happen. Thanks!

I will play with Buffalo if they are still available!

Thanks for coming aboard fellas. You are both now in the system and have control of Minnesota and Buffalo.

Have fun and good luck!