NHL'94 Forums

Questions About Forum Visitor Numbers

MaynardGKrebs

Hi gang,

I'm a big fan of trying to understand Web site traffic. These forums are usually populated with several members at any given point, but down at the bottom of the page where it lists members / guests / etc., I also see that there are usually anywhere between 75 - 125 guests visiting the forum. Is this accurate? Is there anything inflating the numbers?

The reason why I ask is because of the comparison to the TecmoBowl.org forums. Usually, at any given average time, there will be 10-15 members with around 25 - 50 guests, which is a far different ratio. And I'm totally curious now, about where the guest traffic is coming from for you guys.

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

Hi gang,

I'm a big fan of trying to understand Web site traffic. These forums are usually populated with several members at any given point, but down at the bottom of the page where it lists members / guests / etc., I also see that there are usually anywhere between 75 - 125 guests visiting the forum. Is this accurate? Is there anything inflating the numbers?

The reason why I ask is because of the comparison to the TecmoBowl.org forums. Usually, at any given average time, there will be 10-15 members with around 25 - 50 guests, which is a far different ratio. And I'm totally curious now, about where the guest traffic is coming from for you guys.

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

Google search bots (or whatever they're called) inflate the numbers. I'd guess at about a third of what tecmobowl.org has on a daily basis on average.

Same goes for the number of members. most of it is crap account and it's too time consuming to go in and delete them all.