NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 Ball Hockey Challenge

TheTome

Presenting NHL 94 Ball Hockey Challenge!

Now you can enjoy your outdoor ball hockey even when its cold and rainy outside. I made this ROM for me and the guys I play ball hockey with each weekend, but feel free to take it and add in your own teams.

post-4393-0-70026400-1360118643_thumb.pn

Features:

- All Original NHL 94 Teams

- 4 New Teams (variations on the same roster)

- All Players can play all positions

- New outdoor Rink

- Players are not wearing helmets

- Goalie can reach both sides of the ice

- Goalie can hold puck for infinite amount of time

- No Icings

- Martin Brodeur! (stats from NHL 95)

- New Tournament Mode (play for a keg of beer!)

4 on 4 Features:

- All teams configured for 4 on 4

- Edit Lines works, even with Line Changes on

Ball Hockey 4v4.bin

Ball Hockey 5v5.bin

Edited by TheTome
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

agreed. how was this accomplished and who will help the SNESers get it activated?

• 2 weeks later...

Glad everyone is enjoying the ROM so much. For those of you interested in how to allow you to play F at D and D at F I've already published that hack, you can find it here (HOW TO: Allow All Players in All Positions).

Also, feel free to add in your own ball hockey (or ice hockey) teams with all your friends. It would be cool to have a ROM where all the teams are made up of NHL94.com members and their friends.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

This is pretty cool! I'd love to see it updated to NHL17! :D

I am wondering, under what conditions will the goalie be able to make it to the other end of the ice? Carrying the puck gives the typical dead puck whistle.

Edited by The Dopefish

Great job! Fun rom.

I like the way you got rid of the audience and replaced them with bushes. lol

The only thing I don't like (and it's just my opinion) is the look of the rink surface (which I know is supposed to be outdoors).

Can you possibly get rid of all the reflections, and make it look like a smooth green soccer surface (and just leave the

center ice and blue lines)?

If that's too much work, then skip it, since it's still a great rom.

This is pretty cool! I'd love to see it updated to NHL17! :D

I am wondering, under what conditions will the goalie be able to make it to the other end of the ice? Carrying the puck gives the typical dead puck whistle.

Smoz gives all of the hex edits to allow goalies to roam anywhere they want with and without the puck.

I had some success with changes in previous rom edits - check it out here:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/11467-how-to-let-the-goalie-roam-farther-with-and-without-the-puck/

• 6 months later...
On 11/26/2016 at 2:08 PM, CoachMac said:

Anyone know where can I find the information to make players helmet less?

Hey, I'm only about a year late responding to you, but I just saw this!  Guess I need to come around the forums a bit more again.  Making the players helmetless is a bit of a trick. I used the following method:

1. Find/create an unused colour in every single  team pallet. It has to be in the same location for every team.  That colour becomes your "hair colour".  For this ROM I believe I used the skate colour, but I'm pretty sure I had a second spare colour as I also remember adding blood to injured players.

2. Using your favourite tile editing program, go in and draw over every single helmet with the new "hair colour". That's it! No more helmets!

You could also try opening my ROM with your tile editor and copy and pasting the helmet tiles into one of your ROMS.  Might be a bit easier as the hair colour is unique on all my tiles so it would be isolated. Unfortunately I also drew over everyone's skates so you can't use my entire tileset without it looking like people are running on ice.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the skate colour was the only available one.  The blood I remembered adding was for my NHL97 - 2012 Roster update.  So I'm not sure if it's possible to find a colour you could spare in the pallet for helmets.  But it's been a while since I've played around in there so I'm sure there's some way you could pull it off.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...