NHL'94 Forums

Most popular and best emulator/kaillera for netplay?

deadmeow

I haven't played in any large online leagues for years, but we do small football and nhl (92) leagues from time to time. I was wondering and I know there are probably more than 1 or 2 opinions, what is the best emulator for netplay? And what is the best version of Kaillera?

I noticed Kega Fusion 3.51 is good for netplay, very smooth, but it is at a cost of a small delay from controller input, as you cannot get such a fast rus (at the snap) to the QB with your DT, and passing and shooting in NHL has a tiny delay (similar to a slower LCD monitor response time).

With Gens/Kaillera standard kaillera you get that strobe-light choppy choppiness which happens when one is lagging and the other is catching up perhaps, (how many people have given up goals like that), and that can make the game difficult, but that usually passes.

I have not played with the Kaillera p2p version yet, but I did notice there was a 2007 version in the download pack on the site here.

This site has a 2011 version : http://p2p.kaillera.ru/# , I do not know if it is any better, it just seems to lack the regular server option, and only has p2p option.

Would like to hear the opinions of everyone.

Hey Deadmeow,

Your web-site is great and I would be interested in joining your leagues.

I like Kega for playing in person, but have never used it online.

I would like to try it because my issue with Gens is about half the time it plays super fast.

The action looks like it is in Fast forward mode.

Sometimes it even goes in and out during a game.

Kega is really good, but for some reasons, users here dont want to use it.

You're right about the input delay deadmeow, i dont know why a lot of people dont realize this. sure gens can get a little choppy at times but its well worth it for the lack of input lag

I think for steady low pings kaillera is best, but for people with fluxuating pings and including wireless routers, Kega Fusion is better, at least for Sega Genesis Madden and Bill Walsh. For NHL, you need much more accuracy for shooting, so Kega Fusion can be frustrating with that little delay, but so can a person with a laggy connection, so its a hard call.

I am interested in trying p2p kaillera.

• 1 month later...

Kega sux

Gens 2.14 Kaillera P2P

Sorry Gens sucks i cant play a game of net play and not have serious lag (and my connection is totally fine)