NHL'94 Forums

What a sad day when NHL95 came out.

JeffBC

What a sad day when NHL'95 came out.

The NHL'95 graphics for the players were worse.

The graphics for the fans in the seats around the rink were worse.

The gameplay was too fast.

Their legs were too long.

The instant replay was way too fast.

(What is with the big yellow penalty boxes?)

SNES NHLPA'93 had hard slap shots yet

EA decided not to have as hard of slapshots for SNES NHL'94.

Why? Who's fault is this?

EA WAKE UP AND MAKE THE ULTIMATE VERSION!!

Only little changes were needed like drop pass, block pass, block shot, fake pass and fake shot.

They should have brought back the blood and fighting like Blades of steel or Hit the ice.

They should have improved the face-offs with close in action like PS2 NHL HITZ PRO.

PS2 NHL HITZ PRO was a great game yet the manual goalie sucked and more deke goals should go in.

It looked like NHL HITZ PRO was going to have a future music setting where you could add a few of your favorite tunes

to play during play stoppages but MIDWAY SPORTS didn't even come out with another hockey video game.

I emailed MIDWAY SPORTS to inquire why they haven't come out with another hockey video game but I didn't get a response.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/nhl-hitz-pro

http://www.midway.com/rxpage/MidwayHome.html

NHL HITZ PRO gameplay

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/nhlhitz...ag=result;img;0

Thank you

Genesis NHLPA'93 Pragrammer: Jim Simmons

Genesis NHL'94 Pragrammer: Mark Lesser

Genesis NHLPA'93 Design Adapters: Michael Brook, Scott Orr and Richard Hilleman

Genesis NHLPA'93 and NHL'94 Producer: Michael Brook

Genesis NHLPA'93 Assistant Producer: Steve Matulac

Genesis NHL'94 Assistant Producer: Kevin Hogan

Genesis NHL'94 Executive Producer: Scott Orr

Genesis NHLPA'93 Technical Directors: Scott Cronce and Tom Debry

Genesis NHL'94 Technical Directors: Rob Harris and Lon Meinecke

Thank You Mark Lesser for your Programming for Genesis NHL'94 because without you the SNES NHL'94 clone would not have been

made as great. I understand SNES NHL'94 Frames Per Second was lower than Genesis yet I think SNES NHL'94 gameplay doesn't look

like the guy is teleporting from one place to another at all because of the lower Frames Per Second. It looks nice and smooth.

The SNES NHL'94 FPS was 20 out of a max. 60. SNES NHL'95 was bumped up to 45 FPS but really do I notice the player and his

45 different postions that makes him move more smoothly no.

Mark Lesser I know your more proud of NHL'94 than of NHL'95 and look at this website so post a message or message me 1on1 so you can

explain why for the drastic software change.

Was it Rob Martyn, Scott Probin or Michael Brook bossing you around wanting these changes?

Was it Marketing telling you to change it up?

NHL'95 and NHL'96 are similar so why didn't you make NHL'95 similar to NHL'94?

I understand it's been 13 years since '94 and you can't go back in time and leave the NHL94 software the way it was but you can

bring back this great '94 software and reinventing it.

I know Mark Lesser you probably didn't give a rats ass about Super Nintendo NHL'94 but of course make a SNES version because I've played

Genesis and I just don't feel it. I think the SNES NHL'94 guys that copied your work and tweaking it did a great job.

Thanks SNES NHL94 Producer and Designer Michael Brook, Assistant Producers Scott Probin and Ken Sayler,

Executive Producer Scott Orr , Development Producer and Technical Director Rob Harris.

Thank You SNES NHL'94 Programmers Amory Wong , Robert White, Rod Reddekopp, Eric Kiss , Bill Fowler and David Galloway.

The SNES NHL'94 Graphic look great thanks Athena Baxevanakis, Laura Parr and Mike Smith .

Mark Lesser interview

http://www.digitpress.com/library/intervie...ark_lesser.html

SNES NHL'94 and NHL'95 is a clone of Genesis NHL'94 and NHL'95.

So the people that worked on the Genesis NHL'95 are to blame because the SNES guys just followed what the Genesis guys did.

THE BLAME FOR NHL'95

Genesis NHL'95 Designer: Michael Brook

Genesis NHL'95 Producer: Rob Martyn

Genesis NHL'95 Associate Producer: Scott Probin

Genesis NHL'95 Programmer: Mark Lesser

Genesis NHL'95 Executive producer: Scott Orr

Genesis NHL'95 Technical Director: Rob Harris

Genesis NHL'95 Technical Director: Colin McLaughlin

Genesis NHL'95 Art Director: Nancy Waisanen

(What is with the big yellow penalty boxes?)

Genesis NHL'95 Graphics:

Doug Wike, Lori Champney, Cynthia Hamilton, Ian House, Kendra Lammas, Alyson Markell and Terry Falls

The Marketing and Production people for NHL95 who wanted change so it didn't look like the same game but really made a bad decision.

SNES NHL'95 Art:

S.Green, Matthew Crysdale, Doug Wike, Lori Champney, Cynthia Hamilton, Terry Falls, Ian House, Kendra Lammas and Alyson Markel

SNES NHL'95 Producer: Kevin Hogan

SNES NHL'95 Assistant Producer: Ken Rogers

SNES NHL'95 Executive producer: again Scott Orr

SNES NHL'95 Supervising Producer: again Rob Martyn

SNES NHL'95 Designer: again Kevin Hogan

SNES NHL'95 Designer: Michael Brook

The SNES NHL'95 Software Engineer that was working from the Programming that Mark Lesser made for NHL'95

died while working on the software for 6 months.

SNES NHL'95 Software Engineer: Jason Andersen didn't get any of his worked on software.

Jason Andersen: only had 4 months to complete the software work for SNES NHL'95.

The software was base on the new software made by Mark Lesser

SNES NHL'95 Software Engineer: Jonah Stich came in on the last month and helped

get it out the door.

SNES NHL'95 Project Coordinator: Kyra Woody

SNES NHL'95 Technical Director: Evan Robinson

SNES NHL'95 Technical Director: Dave Walker

Genesis and SNES NHL'95 Product Manager: Chip Lange

SNES NHL'94 Gameplay

SNES NHL'93,NHL'94 and NHL'95 Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3xEhqLS_S4&NR=1

Genesis NHL'94 Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2uk8GDUjZM

Genesis NHL'95 Gameplay

You would think someone at EA would have changed back the gameplay for SNES NHL'96

but no they still kept the NHL'95 software and ran with it and they came out with the same kind

of crappy fast gameplay with bad graphics!!

Why didn't they use the '94 software and just change a few little things?

It looked like NHL'95 started from scratch and just couldn't get it right.

________________ SNES NHL'95 _______________________________SNES NHL'96______________

nhl945005qx7.jpgnhl945026so1.jpgnhl947005zj8.jpgnhl948004sd8.jpg

We played the game for about 30 seconds and promptly returned it for a refund.

Guest nhl92fan
We played the game for about 30 seconds and promptly returned it for a refund.

Lucky SOB. I got stuck with mine. Makes a nice door stop, though. *sigh*

Imagine the 95 rules with 94 gameplay/graphics. The ultimate game, I tell ya'. but it never was.

Thats whats so cool about these updated hacks. Its the NHL 95 that SHOULD have been! LOL

Funny Story

I loved NHL 94 SO much and I pre-ordered my 95 directly from an EA rep back when I worked at the computer store. (Babbage's) To my surprise I receivedt the game almost 2 months before it was released to the public! I was stoked.

Upon firing it up I was immediately disgusted. Some High School friends of mine caught wind that I had it early and wanted to buy it off me at any cost. I told em it sucked really bad, but they still wanted it. Sold it for $100 bucks to 2 dudes! Poor suckers. :D

At that time it seemed EA was making all the right moves. Know one ever thought they would ruin a great franchise. Definately a sad day when it was released.

I asked the guys later on in the week how they liked it. "Sold it for 70 bucks" they said.

I have to agree it's not as good as the previous versions but I still like it in it's own right. It's still better than what EA has done on newer consoles. I've really gotten back into 93 and 94 lately.

NHL 95 was a completely different game than NHL 91, NHL, NHLPA 93 and NHL 94. From the graphics, to the sounds, to the gameplay, it was completely different.

In my opinion, NHL 94 is the greatest game because it combined the NHLPA and the NHL licenses, and one-timers. The only thing it is missing is the fighting and blood.

RangerJoe

NHL 95 is the worst. What a dissapointment. Just like the Canucks '95 playoffs. Stupid lockout....

I would have to say it is the biggest let down I've ever had in a game, including when Mario Bros. turned to a 3D style of play.

Why do they put graphics ahead of play control these days? Keep it simple. I'll never forget the day Jeff first rented 95, didn't tell me till way later in the day and simply shook his head, its no 94. Damn you EA Sports for destroying what could have been an even better game. But alas, '94 just has that ring to it.

94!

post-284-1192434943.jpg

post-284-1192434969.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Why with all the busy changes? :money:

Like the menu screen.

While all these changes were being made all they needed to do was drop pass, block pass, fake shot and such like Jeff says.

The player portraits could look better but so many unneeded changes!!

post-284-1192486580_thumb.jpg

post-284-1192486604_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
What a sad day when NHL95 came out.

Why did they mess with a good thing?

EA made the NHL95 graphics worse and the players and instant replay to fast.

They should have just added harder slap shots like NHL93PA and added drop passes, block passes, block shots and fake passes and fake shots.

EA wake up and make the ultimate version!!!!

95 sucks.

• 11 months later...

SNES NHL94 _______________________________________________ SNES NHL95

Producer: Michael Brook ___________________________________________Producer: Kevin Hogan

Design by Michael Brook ___________________________________________Design by Michael Brook

Design by Kevin Hogan

Executive Producer: Scott Orr ________________________________________Executive Producer: Scott Orr

Development: Hanno Lemke ________________________________________

Technical Director: Rob Harris _______________________________________Technical Director: Evan Robinson

_______________________________________________________________Technical Director: Dave Walker

Assistant Producer: Scott Probin______________________________________Assistant Producer: Ken Rogers

Assistant Producer: Ken Sayler_______________________________________

_______________________________________________________________Supervising Producer: Rob Martyn

_______________________________________________________________Software Engineers: Jason Andersen

_______________________________________________________________Software Engineers: Jonah Stich

Programming: Amory Wong ________________________________________

Programming: Robert White ________________________________________

Programming: Rod Reddekopp______________________________________

Additional Programming: Erik Kiss ___________________________________

Additional Programming: Bill Fowler __________________________________

Additional Programming: David Galloway ______________________________

_______________________________________________________________Art by S.Green

_______________________________________________________________Art by Matthew Crysdale

_______________________________________________________________Art by Doug Wike

_______________________________________________________________Art by Lori Champney

_______________________________________________________________Art by Cynthia Hamilton

_______________________________________________________________Art by Terry Falls

_______________________________________________________________Art by Ian House

_______________________________________________________________Art by Kendra Lammas

_______________________________________________________________Art by Alyson Markel

Graphics: Athena Baxevanakis _______________________________________

Graphics: Laura Parr_______________________________________________

Graphics:Mike Smith_______________________________________________

Music: Michael J. Sokyrka ___________________________________________Music and Sound by Russell Lieblich

_______________________________________________________________Music and Sound by Rob Hubbard

Sound FX: Jeff Dyck _______________________________________________

Organ Music: Dieter Ruehle _________________________________________Organ music by Dieter Ruehle

Organ Music: Michael J. Sokyrka _____________________________________

_______________________________________________________________Product Manager: Chip Lange

_______________________________________________________________Project Coordinator: Kyra Woody

Music Composition: Michael J.Sokyrka_________________________________

Testing by David Hards ____________________________________________Testing by Mike Graben

Testing by Dave Costa_____________________________________________Testing by Matt Eastling

Additional Testing: Jeff Hasson_______________________________________Testing by Mike Kaizuka

Additional Testing: John Santamaria___________________________________Testing by Mike Hensley

Additional Testing: James Fairweather_________________________________

Additional Testing: Joe Henry________________________________________

Additional Testing: Paul Smith _______________________________________

Additional Testing: Henry Song_______________________________________

Additional Testing: Minh Tang________________________________________

Players Ratings by Igor Kuperman____________________________________ Player Ratings by John Rosasco of the New York Rangers.

_______________________________________________________________Player Ratings by Neil Smith of the New York Rangers.

Player Card photos by Steve Babineau _________________________________Player Portraits by Steve Babineau

Special Thanks to Dan Brook ________________________________________Special Thanks to Scott Probin

Special Thanks to Randy Delucchi ____________________________________Special Thanks to Greg Thomas

Special Thanks to Barry Melrose______________________________________Special Thanks to Keith Francart

Special Thanks to Jeff Parr ___________________________________________

Special Thanks to Ian Pulver __________________________________________

Special Thanks to Mike Rubinelli _______________________________________

Special Thanks to Dave Warfield _______________________________________

Special Thanks to Kyra Woody_________________________________________

Project Manager: Chip Lange __________________________________________

Art Director: Nancy Waisanen__________________________________________

Package Design: Singee _____________________________________________

Package Photos: Steve Babineau_______________________________________

Quality Assurance: Jonathan Skolnick ___________________________________

Quality Assurance: Paul Armatta _______________________________________

Quality Assurance: Terrence Chin ______________________________________

Documentation: T. S. Flanagan_________________________________________

Documentation: A.C. Smith____________________________________________

Documentation Layout: Laurie Lau ______________________________________

SNES NHL94 JAPANESE LOCALIZATION

Department Producer: Ivan Allan _______________________________________

Programming: Rod Reddekopp ________________________________________

Programming: Hiroshi Ueda___________________________________________

Graphic: Norie Miura_________________________________________________

Assistant Producer: Masahiko Yoshizawa_________________________________

Lead Tester: Noriaki Ogata____________________________________________

Testing by: Takashi Iwama____________________________________________

Testing by: Yoshihiro Kawasaki ________________________________________

Testing by: Hiroyuki Kinjyo____________________________________________

Testing by: Chiyonobu Satoshi_________________________________________

Producer: Masato Mizushima __________________________________________

Genesis NHL94 ______________________________________________Genesis NHL95

Producer: Michael Brook____________________________________________Producer: Rob Martyn

_______________________________________________________________Design by Michael Brook

_______________________________________________________________Design by Scott Probin

Programmer: Mark Lesser___________________________________________Programmer: Mark Lesser

Executive Producer: Scott Orr_________________________________________Executive Producer: Scott Orr

Assistant Producer: Kevin Hogan______________________________________Associate Producer: Scott Probin

Technical Director: Rob Harris________________________________________Technical Director: Rob Harris

Technical Director: Lon Meinecke______________________________________Technical Director: Colin McLaughlin

________________________________________________________________Product Manager: Chip Lange

Art Director: Nancy Waisanen_________________________________________Art Director: Nancy Waisanen

Graphics: Doug Wike_______________________________________________Graphics: Doug Wike

________________________________________________________________Graphics: Lori Champney

________________________________________________________________Graphics: Cynthia Hamilton

________________________________________________________________Graphics: Ian House

________________________________________________________________Graphics: Kendra Lammas

________________________________________________________________Graphics: Alyson Markell

________________________________________________________________Graphics: Terry Falls

Music and Sound: Rob Hubbard_______________________________________Music: Russell Lieblich

________________________________________________________________Sound Design: Rob Hubbard

Organ Music: Dieter Ruehle__________________________________________Organ Music: Dieter Ruehle

Player Ratings by Igor Kuperman ______________________________________Player Ratings: John Rosasko

Player Card Photos by Steve Babineau__________________________________Player Ratings: Neil Smith

Testing: by Yun Shin________________________________________________Lead Tester: Ted Fitzgerald

Testing: Kenneth Rogers____________________________________________Testing: Michael Streim

Testing: Craig Wike ________________________________________________Testing: Craig Wike

Testing: John D. Boerio _____________________________________________Testing: Mike Graben

Testing: Jed Garvey ________________________________________________Testing: Dave Newhouse

Testing: Gabe Boys ________________________________________________Testing: Chip Lange

________________________________________________________________Testing: Kenneth Rogers

Special Thanks to Bob Borgen ________________________________________Special Thanks to John Williams

Special Thanks to Dan Brook _________________________________________Special Thanks to Jeff Buttell

Special Thanks to Julie Cressa ________________________________________

Special Thanks to Randy Delucchi______________________________________

Special Thanks to Jeff Fennel__________________________________________

Special Thanks to Chip Lange _________________________________________

Special Thanks to Barry Melrose _______________________________________

Special Thanks to Scott Probin_________________________________________

Special Thanks to Ian Pulver___________________________________________

Special Thanks to Michael Rubinelli _____________________________________

Special Thanks to Kyra Woody _________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________Package Design: E.J. Saraille Design Group

__________________________________________________________________Package Photos: Cowley Sports Illustrated

__________________________________________________________________Quality Assurance: Randy Eckhardt

__________________________________________________________________Quality Assurance: David Schenone

__________________________________________________________________Quality Assurance: Ashley Richardson

__________________________________________________________________Quality Assurance: Keith Bradley

__________________________________________________________________ Documentation: T.S. Flanagan

__________________________________________________________________ Documentation: A.C. Smith ('95 adapation)

__________________________________________________________________ Euro Documentation: Neil Cook

__________________________________________________________________ Documentation Layout: Alpha CRC Ltd.

post-269-1185314422.jpg

post-269-1185314439.jpg

post-269-1185314455.jpg

post-269-1185314683_thumb.jpg

post-269-1185314709_thumb.jpg

post-269-1185314801_thumb.jpg

Mobygames.com has some good information but it's information does have holes and sometime wrong so this is just for information reference.

Just punch in the guys name in Mobygames.com search.

SNES NHL94 BIOGRAPHIES

http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/nhl-94/credits

SNES NHL94 Producer and Designer: Michael Brook

SNES NHL94 Executive Producer: Scott Orr

SNES NHL94 Development: Hanno Lemke

SNES NHL94 Technical Director: Rob Harris

SNES NHL94 Assistant Producer: Scott Probin

SNES NHL94 Assistant Producer: Ken Sayler

SNES NHL94 Programming: Amory Wong

SNES NHL94 Programming: Robert White

SNES NHL94 Programming: Rod Reddekopp

SNES NHL94 Additional Programming: Erik Kiss

SNES NHL94 Additional Programming: Bill Fowler

SNES NHL94 Additional Programming: David Galloway

SNES NHL94 Graphics: Athena Baxevanakis

SNES NHL94 Graphics: Laura Parr

SNES NHL94 Graphics: Mike Smith

SNES NHL94 Music: Michael J. Sokyrka

SNES NHL94 Sound FX: Jeff Dyck

SNES NHL94 Organ Music: Dieter Ruehle

SNES NHL94 Players Ratings by Igor Kuperman

SNES NHL94 Player Card photos by Steve Babineau

SNES NHL94 Testing by David Hards

SNES NHL94 Testing by Dave Costa

SNES NHL94 Additional Testing: Jeff Hasson

SNES NHL94 Additional Testing: John Santamaria

SNES NHL94 Additional Testing: James Fairweather

SNES NHL94 Additional Testing: Joe Henry

SNES NHL94 Additional Testing: Paul Smith

SNES NHL94 Additional Testing: Henry Song

SNES NHL94 Additional Testing: Minh Tang

SNES NHL94 Special Thanks to Dan Brook

SNES NHL94 Special Thanks to Randy Delucchi

SNES NHL94 Special Thanks to Barry Melrose

SNES NHL94 Special Thanks to Jeff Parr

SNES NHL94 Special Thanks to Ian Pulver

SNES NHL94 Special Thanks to Mike Rubinelli

SNES NHL94 Special Thanks to Dave Warfield

SNES NHL94 Special Thanks to Kyra Woody

SNES NHL94 Project Manager: Chip Lange

SNES NHL94 Art Director: Nancy Waisanen

SNES NHL94 Package Photos: Steve Babineau

SNES NHL94 Quality Assurance: Jonathan Skolnick

SNES NHL94 Quality Assurance: Paul Armatta

SNES NHL94 Quality Assurance: Terrence Chin

SNES NHL94 Documentation: T. S. Flanagan

SNES NHL94 Documentation: A.C. Smith

SNES NHL94 Documentation Layout: Laurie Lau

SNES NHL94 JAPANESE LOCALIZATION

SNES NHL94 JL Department Producer: Ivan Allan

SNES NHL94 JL Programming: Rod Reddekopp

SNES NHL94 JL Programming: Hiroshi Ueda

SNES NHL94 JL Producer: Masato Mizushima

SNES NHL94 JL Assistant Producer: Masahiko Yoshizawa

SNES NHL94 JL Graphic: Norie Miura

SNES NHL94 JL Lead Tester: Noriaki Ogata

SNES NHL94 JL Testing by Takashi Iwama

SNES NHL94 JL Testing by Yoshihiro Kawasaki

SNES NHL94 JL Testing by Hiroyuki Kinjyo

SNES NHL94 JL Testing by Chiyonobu Satoshi

SNES NHL95 BIOGRAPHIES

http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/nhl-hockey-95/credits

SNES NHL95 Developers: Visual Concepts

http://www.2kgames.com/index.php?p=news&ID=15

SNES NHL95 Producer and Disigner: Kevin Hogan

SNES NHL95 Software Engineer: Jason Andersen

SNES NHL95 Software Engineer: Jonah Stich

SNES NHL95 Designer: Michael Brook

SNES NHL95 Executive Producer: Scott Orr

SNES NHL95 Technical Director: Evan Robinson

SNES NHL95 Technical Director: Dave Walker

SNES NHL95 Assistant Producer: Ken Rogers

SNES NHL95 Supervising Producer: Rob Martyn

SNES NHL95 Product Manager: Chip Lange

SNES NHL95 Project Coordinator: Kyra Woody

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: S.Green

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: Matthew Crysdale

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: Doug Wike

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: Lori Champney

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: Cynthia Hamilton

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: Terry Falls

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: Ian House

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: Kendra Lammas

SNES NHL95 Art Worker: Alyson Markel

SNES NHL95 Music and Sound by Russell Lieblich

SNES NHL95 Music and Sound by Rob Hubbard

SNES NHL95 Organ music by Dieter Ruehle

SNES NHL95 Player Ratings by John Rosasco of the NY Rangers

SNES NHL95 Player Ratings by Neil Smith of the NY Rangers

SNES NHL95 Player Portraits by Steve Babineau

SNES NHL95 Testing by Mike Graben

SNES NHL95 Testing by Matt Eastling

SNES NHL95 Testing by Mike Kaizuka

SNES NHL95 Testing by Mike Hensley

SNES NHL95 Special Thanks to Scott Probin

SNES NHL95 Special Thanks to Greg Thomas

SNES NHL95 Special Thanks to Keith Francart

SNES NHL96 CREDITS

http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/nhl-96/credits

SNES NHL96 Developer: Tiburon Entertainment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiburon_Entertainment

http://www.tiburon.com/

GENESIS NHL94 BIOGRAPHIES

http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/nhl-94/credits

GENESIS NHL94 Producer: Michael Brook

GENESIS NHL94 Programmer: Mark Lesser

GENESIS NHL94 Executive Producer: Scott Orr

GENESIS NHL94 Assistant Producer: Kevin Hogan

GENESIS NHL94 Technical Director: Rob Harris

GENESIS NHL94 Technical Director: Lon Meinecke

GENESIS NHL94 Art Director: Nancy Waisanen

GENESIS NHL94 Graphics: Doug Wike

GENESIS NHL94 Music and Sound: Rob Hubbard

GENESIS NHL94 Organ Music: Dieter Ruehle

GENESIS NHL94 Player Ratings by Igor Kuperman

GENESIS NHL94 Player Card Photos by Steve Babineau

GENESIS NHL94 Testing: Yun Shin

GENESIS NHL94 Testing: Kenneth Rogers

GENESIS NHL94 Testing: Craig Wike

GENESIS NHL94 Testing: John D. Boerio

GENESIS NHL94 Testing: Jed Garvey

GENESIS NHL94 Testing: Gabe Boys

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Bob Borgen

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Dan Brook

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Julie Cressa

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Randy Delucchi

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Jeff Fennel

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Chip Lange

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Barry Melrose

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Scott Probin

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Ian Pulver

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Michael Rubinelli

GENESIS NHL94 Special Thanks to Kyra Woody

GENESIS NHL95 BIOGRAPHIES

http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/nhl-hockey-95/credits

GENESIS NHL95 Producer: Rob Martyn

GENESIS NHL95 Design by Michael Brook

GENESIS NHL95 Design by Scott Probin

GENESIS NHL95 Programmer: Mark Lesser

GENESIS NHL95 Executive Producer: Scott Orr

GENESIS NHL95 Associate Producer: Scott Probin

GENESIS NHL95 Technical Director: Rob Harris

GENESIS NHL95 Technical Director: Colin McLaughlin

GENESIS NHL95 Product Manager: Chip Lange

GENESIS NHL95 Art Director: Nancy Waisanen

GENESIS NHL95 Graphics: Doug Wike

GENESIS NHL95 Graphics: Lori Champney

GENESIS NHL95 Graphics: Cynthia Hamilton

GENESIS NHL95 Graphics: Ian House

GENESIS NHL95 Graphics: Kendra Lammas

GENESIS NHL95 Graphics: Alyson Markell

GENESIS NHL95 Graphics: Terrence C. Falls

GENESIS NHL95 Music: Russell Lieblich

GENESIS NHL95 Sound Design: Rob Hubbard

GENESIS NHL95 Organ Music: Dieter Ruehle

GENESIS NHL95 Player Ratings: John Rosasko

GENESIS NHL95 Player Ratings: Neil Smith

GENESIS NHL95 Lead Tester: Ted Fitzgerald

GENESIS NHL95 Testing: Michael Streim

GENESIS NHL95 Testing: Craig Wike

GENESIS NHL95 Testing: Mike Graben

GENESIS NHL95 Testing: Dave Newhouse

GENESIS NHL95 Testing: Chip Lange

GENESIS NHL95 Testing: Kenneth Rogers

GENESIS NHL95 Special Thanks to John Williams

GENESIS NHL95 Special Thanks to Jeff Buttell

GENESIS NHL95 Package Design: E.J. Saraille Design Group

GENESIS NHL95 Quality Assurance: Randy Eckhardt

GENESIS NHL95 Quality Assurance: David Schenone

GENESIS NHL95 Quality Assurance: Ashley Richardson

GENESIS NHL95 Quality Assurance: Keith Bradley

GENESIS NHL95 Documentation: T.S. Flanagan

GENESIS NHL95 Documentation: A.C. Smith ('95 adapation)

GENESIS NHL95 Euro Documentation: Neil Cook

GENESIS NHL96 CREDITS

http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/nhl-96/credits

SEGA CD NHL94 CREDITS

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sega-cd/nhl-94/credits

Sega CD NHL94 Design adapted by Michael Brook

Sega CD NHL94 Original Programming Mark Lesser

Sega CD NHL94 Programming Paul Halmshaw, Peter Veys, Jim Sproul

Sega CD NHL94 Graphics Douglas Wike, Mike Swanson

Sega CD NHL94 Sound Effects Rob Hubbard

Sega CD NHL94 Original Music Composition and Performance Michael J. Sokyrka

Sega CD NHL94 Organ Music Dieter Ruehle

Sega CD NHL94 Announcer Ron Barr

Sega CD NHL94 Executive Producer Scott Orr

Sega CD NHL94 Producer Michael Brook

Sega CD NHL94 Assistant Producer Scott Probin

Sega CD NHL94 Technical Directors Scott Cronce, Rob Harris

Sega CD NHL94 Development Manager Nana Wallace

Sega CD NHL94 Testing Kenneth Rogers, Jeff Hasson, Harvey Bush

Sega CD NHL94 Video Post Production Mike Swanson

Sega CD NHL94 NHL database transcription Liz Breiz, Jane Balenbin, Nina Breiz

Sega CD NHL94 Player ratings Igor Kuperman

Sega CD NHL94 Player card photos Steve Babineau

Sega CD NHL94 Product management Chip Lange, Neil Thewarapperuma

Sega CD NHL94 Art Director Nancy Waisanen

Sega CD NHL94 Package Design EAUK Marketing Services

Sega CD NHL94 Package Photos Steve Babineau

Sega CD NHL94 Documentation A.C. Smith

Sega CD NHL94 U.K. Documentation Neil Cook

Sega CD NHL94 Documentation Layout Peter Larsen

Sega CD NHL94 Quality Assurance Bill Scheppler, Peter Murphy

Sega CD NHL94 Special Thanks to Gary Roberts, Walter Stein, EA Media Lab

Sega CD NHL94 Cynthia Hamilton, Bob Borgen, Bill Lee, Richard Hilleman, Yun Shin

NHL95 DOS CREDITS

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/nhl-hockey-95/credits

NHL95 DOS Original Game Concept: Jim Simmons

NHL95 DOS Original Game Concept: Scott Orr

NHL95 DOS Original Game Concept: Richard Hilleman

NHL95 DOS Original PC Version Game Design: Dave Warfield

NHL95 DOS Original PC Version Game Design: Richard Hilleman

NHL95 DOS Lead Programmer: Lance Wall

NHL95 DOS Programmer: Victoria Wong

NHL95 DOS Programmer: Robert Penner

NHL95 DOS Programmer: Kurt Kennett

NHL95 DOS Artists: Gerard DeSouza

NHL95 DOS Artists: Phillip Chow

NHL95 DOS Artist/3D Animator: Kent Maclagan

NHL95 DOS Composer: Michael J. Sokyrka

NHL95 DOS Audio Programmers: Alan Stewart

NHL95 DOS Audio Programmers: Iain Macanulty

NHL95 DOS Audio Programmers: Paul Chernikhowsky

NHL95 DOS Audio Programmers: Jayeson Lee-Steere

NHL95 DOS Administrative Assistant: Serena McCabe

NHL95 DOS Assistant Producer: Richard Mul

NHL95 DOS Director of Development: Foster Hall

NHL95 DOS Producer & Design: Ken Sayler

NHL95 DOS Producer: Hanno Lemke

NHL95 DOS Lead Tester: Rod Higo

NHL95 DOS Testers: Tony Lam

NHL95 DOS Testers: David L. Lee

NHL95 DOS Testers: Paul Smith

NHL95 DOS Testers: John Brydon

NHL95 DOS QA Support: Jon Bruce

NHL95 DOS QA Support: John Santamaria

NHL95 DOS QA Support: Stewart Putney

NHL95 DOS QA Support: Terrence Chin

NHL95 DOS Roster Verification: Dave Warfield

NHL95 DOS Roster Verification: John Brydon

NHL95 DOS Product Manager: Chip Lange

NHL95 DOS Package Design: E. J. Saraille

NHL95 DOS Documentation: T. S. Flanagan

NHL95 DOS Documentation: Layout Michael Lippert (as Michael Lippert)

NHL95 DOS Ratings by John Rosasco (New York Rangers)

NHL95 DOS Ratings by Neil Smith (New York Rangers)

NHL95 DOS Audio Technician: Steve Royea

NHL95 DOS Sportsdesk Announcer: Michael Donovan

NHL95 DOS Rink Announcer: Bruce Jamieson

NHL95 DOS Player Profile Photographs: Steve Babineau

NHL95 DOS Video Provided by NHL Productions

NHL95 DOS Special: Thanks Scott Jackson

NHL95 DOS Special: Catherine Mary O'Brien (as Catherine O'Brien)

NHL95 DOS Special: Doug Reid

NHL95 DOS Special: Mott Linn

SNES NHL95 CREDITS

To the music, sound, organ, player portraits and player rating guys I know it probably wasn't your fault for this NHL95 abortion of a game.

post-269-1182482359_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482438_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482495_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482542_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482572_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482614_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482649_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482685_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482734_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482767_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482814_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482893_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182482930_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182813449_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182813612_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182813891_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182814061_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182852465_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182852942_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182853188_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182853313_thumb.jpg

post-269-1182853431_thumb.jpg

Wait, didn't High Score Productions do NHL 94 as well?

Anyways, here's my theory: Anyone remember the Sports Illustrated cover saying why the NHL's hot and the NBA's not? Those were the good old times, right? And NHL 94 ruled, right?

Well, remember what else happened? Gary Bettman became commissioner. Then it all went downhill for the league. He changed the names of the conferences and the divisions and expanded the league, eventually turning the NHL into the joke it is today.

I think that once Buttman took over, the quality of the NHL went downhill. Guess what else did? That's right, the games. From then on (NHL 95 and beyond), the quality of the NHL games went downhill with the sport.

Let the conspiracies commence!

Good call on Bettman, and we all know what persuasion he is right? What the hell is that rat faced f*** doing in this league anyway? Further signs of the apocalypse...

Anyway, Jeff well done. ^_^

We should hunt these culprits down and feed them to Bettman.

The reason why the NHL went downhill in the States after 94

lol I forgot about the glow puck.

btw: One of the major developers who worked on '94 and '95 actually prefers '95 as it's "easier to score for him."

He also happens to be a member of the forum.

The reason why the NHL went downhill in the States after 94

lol! That's so true! XD

By the way, I've tried to be open-minded about NHL 95, but truely, I never really liked it when compared to NHLPA 93 or NHL 94. Well, I really don't really have a problem playing it, I mean, it's not like a form of torture to me, but if I could choose between playing NHL 95 one hundred times, or playing NHLPA 93 or NHL 94 just once, I would choose to play 93 or 94, because one game of either of those is more fun than one hundred games of 95 combined. Well, at least that's how it is to me.

Basicly what I'm saying is, I don't hate NHL 95, but I don't love it either.

btw: One of the major developers who worked on '94 and '95 actually prefers '95 as it's "easier to score for him."

He also happens to be a member of the forum.

Really? Who?

Can you tell us what happend over at EA?