NHL'94 Forums

GDL X - Trade Discussion

Freydey

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icestorm NHL94[/size] 4:31 pm[/size] Ya u can post it savard for Juneau

Plabax[/size] 4:31 pm[/size] yayay CONF Icestorm NHL94[/size] 4:31 pm[/size] Ur like hokkee in crack

:greedy:

Yeeeeeeee

To Philadelphia:

F - Nelson Emerson

COL 3.10 Pick

To Colorado:

F- Stephan Lebeau

PHI 4.1 Pick

Icestorm NHL94 6:13 pm
so lebeau and 4.1 for emerson and 3.10

kupucknhl94 6:13 pm
deals

k post it pls and use this as ur comfirmationass

To Philadelphia:

F - Nelson Emerson

COL 3.10 Pick

To Colorado:

F- Stephan Lebeau

PHI 4.1 Pick

so lebeau and 4.1 for emerson and 3.10

kupucknhl94 6:13 pm

deals

k post it pls and use this as ur comfirmationass

yeeeeeeeeeeeee

To California Golden Seals (MrDerp4321):

G - Felix Potvin

Pick 5.21 (Carse's original 5th round pick)

To Boston Bruins (minpinD):

G - Tommy Soderstrom

Pick 5.4 (MrDerp4321's original 5th round pick)

To California Golden Seals (MrDerp4321):

G - Felix Potvin

Pick 5.21 (Carse's original 5th round pick)

To Boston Bruins (minpinD):

G - Tommy Soderstrom

Pick 5.4 (MrDerp4321's original 5th round pick)

yeeee confirmed

Quebec Nordiques (Freydey) sends

Gary Roberts and 7th Pick

too the Chicago Blackhawks (Dcicon) for

Tomas Sandstrom and 6th pick

gugu

Bos trades picks 9.6 and 10.19 to NYA in exchange for picks 7.3 and 12.22

(also looking to trade the 8.4 i got from carse and my 11.6 for a 7th and 12th )

Edited by minpind

NYA: barrasso, numminen, and mogilny

for

ATL: robitaille, casey, and cote

Ummmm pick 3, 51 and 94

For

27, 70 and 118

Sorry this trade will have to be reviewed. Witt you gave up 24 spots, 19 and 24 again, not to mention mogilny.

Ummmm pick 3, 51 and 94

For

27, 70 and 118

Sorry this trade will have to be reviewed. Witt you gave up 24 spots, 19 and 24 again, not to mention mogilny.

Yeah, this is strange dude. You're trading your top 5 player for a late 2nd rounder, a high 3rd round goalie for lower 3rd goalie (normally 4th), and a 4th round D for 5th round D? Witt, what are you actually getting here? (besides a lot worse).

I'd be interested to see what other people think, but I have to agree with Ice on this one...nothing adds up.

I have to agree with icestorm here.

Let's review this one by one.

Barrasso (51) - Casey (70) no sense in this trade. Barrasso is clearly better one of those.

Mogilny (3) - Robitaille (27) absolutely insane trade. Mogilny one of if not the best player in game. Even Robitaille and Bondra combined aren't as good as Moglny in my opinion.

Numminen (94) - Cote (118) no sense in this trade. Numminen is clearly better.

this is a textbook example of bad trade, and I would be doing a disservice if I wouldn't stand against it.

I'm not commissioner anymore, so it's not up to me but dadonch said earlier that if situation needs it I can form a trading commitee and icestorm has volunteered to be in and suggested kingraph to be there aswell, and any veteran is welcome really.

This is something that I think crossed the line and veterans needs to have a say.

this is a textbook example of bad trade, and I would be doing a disservice if I wouldn't stand against it.

Hey, guys. First of all, thanks for your concern. However, I think this is actually a case of a misunderstood trade. I approached TK about the trade because I had decided I wanted to build a team based around character rather than "skill". (Skill is subjective, though.) So the first thing I wanted to do was trade Mogilny to free up the center spot for Kvart. And I wanted to keep Granato. And I wanted another King for the wing, so I got Robitaille, who you may be forgetting has a sick shot.

I've done exis with my team before and after the trade, and I really like the way my new team is playing. There is not as much speed, but the team really plays with grit and character, which was lacking before. (Note too that all the great Stanley Cup teams, from the Broad Street Bullies to the 90s Pens, were character teams. You can't win without it.)

If this gets vetoed, the real problem is the subjectivity of a player's value to a team. My team really needed a guy like Kvart at center more than it needed Mogilny. And Mogilny needs a better home than I can give him, and he has found a great new home with TK.

So the deal is really win-win-win-win. I win because I enhance the character of my team. TK wins because he upgrades a few players. Mogilny wins because he finds a better home. Kvart wins because he gets to step up and be the centerpiece of my team.

This was a consensual trade, so I don't see the problem. No one is losing in the trade.

Also, people have already been playing exis with the new teams, so it may be too late to turn back anyways.

Edited by Wittgenstein

Witt makes an interesting case for the trade.

Any chance we can add grit and character to the player attributes database. Also if this goes through I would like my previous revoked trade proposals from the last five years to be reinstated.

Try to put yourself in a position of a championship contender wittgenstein.

GDL just doesn't work so that weaker players gets to draft the best players and then decide who they want to donate them to. There is no one that wouldn't have accepted the donation and thus get a superior chance to win championship. Tomkabs being the defensive champion doesn't need best players given to them for free. It would just devalue the next championship that with that team would be inevitable.

Try to put yourself in a position of a championship contender wittgenstein.

GDL just doesn't work so that weaker players gets to draft the best players and then decide who they want to donate them to. There is no one that wouldn't have accepted the donation and thus get a superior chance to win championship. Tomkabs being the defensive champion doesn't need best players given to them for free. It would just devalue the next championship that with that team would be inevitable.

That's the thing: I think that with this trade I am getting closer to putting together a championship team. Playing exis, I have done just as well (if not better) with the new team.

I do better with a team that plays with a lot of heart and character than I do with a bland skill team. Plus it's easier to look at yourself in the mirror when you lost with a team that left everything on the ice, and I honestly don't know if I will be able to say that about my team before the trade. Mogilny relies more on gimmicks than hard work. Kvart and Granato are pure grinders.

Plus, the trade doesn't guarantee TK anything. He's never used Mogilny in a league before.

Edited by Wittgenstein