NHL'94 Forums

RETIREMENT - For now

LA Robbie

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately it looks like i've gotta bite the bullet here & put myself into retirement, for the time being at least.

I'll play Blitz 08, because that's such an awesome league I wouldn't wanna drop out, but apart from that I need to step back from '94.

For the past 8 months I have hardly been around anyway, through big family stuff going on, and then starting a new job in September, which has been the biggest factor. My last job was 20 mins away, and I was online all day long there too, so I was regularly available for games all the time, & evenings & weekends were no problem.

I now work an hour and a half away, and always have work to do before I go, and when I get home too, as there are 3 hours a day when I just can't get anything done because i'm sitting on buses. It basically means I get up, sort things, go to work at about 12:00, get home at about 8:30, eat, do some more work, relax.............There's just no time for exhibs or to commit to leagues.

On top of that my GF now works weekends too, so I look after our daughter. I played my 13 series with Dcicon today & felt really bad as my little girl wanted me to play with her etc & I was sat at the computer ignoring her. It just doesn't work any more unfortunately.

I also have an Xbox & in the past month i've turned it on once, got to play 1 game of FIFA, & then had to turn it off again. It's crazy right now. It's frsutrating when you get on about once a month, & each time you can see how much worse you've got since the previous month!

My work have been telling me for about 3 months that they're sorting me out a car, which could make all the difference as it would cut the commute down to about 40 mins each way, meaning I could leave later in the afternoon, & arrive earlier in the evening, but until then I don't want to continue letting people down when they're hitting me up to play & either i'm tied up in work stuff or i'm just totally shattered. As you all know there's a big difference between playing because you're excited to do so & playing because you're obligated to do so.

Sorry to let people down, but unfortunately real life has just taken over :-(

I will continue to check the forums & i'll keep tabs on the 2012 league to see if people are actually going to play or if that league's going to die out, as only 2 games have been played in the past 3 weeks! If people are still committed to it i'll try to get my games done there & take the responsibility for running it still. Classic WBF I need to drop though. Sorry. I really would have enjoyed it, but just not possible.

Hopefully they'll get me that car sorted soon & it may be a different story. Otherwise it'll be Blitz 08 before you'll see me on the other end of a league game.