NHL'94 Forums

whats up with the GDL93 site

mav

Apparently, one of my queries was too slow and they cancelled the account due to "abuse". I had been receiving emails from them about this, but when I would respond as to which script was causing it, they didn't respond.

I'm hoping not all is lost, but I'll have to figure out what is up.

Sorry guys.

Time each page, so you can see which pages take longest to load.

Get the start time at the top of the page, then get the time again at the end of the page, then calculate the difference and print it out to the screen.

I do it on the blitz standings page

Time each page, so you can see which pages take longest to load.

Get the start time at the top of the page, then get the time again at the end of the page, then calculate the difference and print it out to the screen.

I do it on the blitz standings page

Unfortunately, right now its like the site doesn't exist... I haven't had time to look into it, but I think the company deleted everything. If I can get them to re-open or at least give me access to my file before they erase everything, I could at least download all the save states and then go from there.

In any case, there are only 3-4 pages I can think of that would be causing the issue, the awards, the uploader, the standings.

Looks like Raph's season never happened. Gonna have to start over.

Yeah, that's funny in a demented sort of way, but a total let down. If in fact this whole thing is gone (totally my fault guys)... we have a couple of options... use this "first" season as an extended test run to see where we need to tweak things and have an "official, official" first season after the tweaks.

If I can salvage save states, just find another hosting site (or for the time being just do it from my pc)

do a playoffs with the top 4 from each conference (which I'm not totally sure who was in besides the top 3)

gimme a day or so to find out what the deal is and come up with some sort of game plan.

but my bad for not getting in touch with these assholes in a better manner and jacking this whole thing up.

Just read their TOS... they don't restore anything after the account has been cancelled, bastards.

So, the best things I can do is playoffs with whoever was qualified, or playoffs with all teams as one big bracket.

or

start from scratch with tweaks and updates.

thoughts??

Looks like Raph's season never happened. Gonna have to start over.

46863662.png

:lol:

Just read their TOS... they don't restore anything after the account has been cancelled, bastards.

So, the best things I can do is playoffs with whoever was qualified, or playoffs with all teams as one big bracket.

or

thoughts??

I think playoffs would make sense. If the site didn't go down, that's what we would do. Leave starting from scratch for season 02.

Pretty sure the top 4 seeds were

1. kingraph

2. plabax

3. tomkabs

4. houly

Then my best guess at others were:

5. mav

6. bagsey

7. minpind

8. donch

eggink

coachmac

wittgenstein

jackandjose

methodm3m

Man, that sucks.. terrible policy... even for a free site

Also.. backup backup backup.. :(

Unfortunately, right now its like the site doesn't exist... I haven't had time to look into it, but I think the company deleted everything. If I can get them to re-open or at least give me access to my file before they erase everything, I could at least download all the save states and then go from there.

In any case, there are only 3-4 pages I can think of that would be causing the issue, the awards, the uploader, the standings.

Yeah, that's funny in a demented sort of way, but a total let down. If in fact this whole thing is gone (totally my fault guys)... we have a couple of options... use this "first" season as an extended test run to see where we need to tweak things and have an "official, official" first season after the tweaks.

If I can salvage save states, just find another hosting site (or for the time being just do it from my pc)

do a playoffs with the top 4 from each conference (which I'm not totally sure who was in besides the top 3)

gimme a day or so to find out what the deal is and come up with some sort of game plan.

but my bad for not getting in touch with these assholes in a better manner and jacking this whole thing up.

or

thoughts??

Man, that sucks.. terrible policy... even for a free site

Also.. backup backup backup.. :(

well thats GAY

I am actually happy for GDL 93 to go so quickly instead of continuing to die the slow painful death it was suffering through.

The last I checked (and I checked often) I was 7th or 8th just due to the fact that I had played 54 games.

Vocally Caged I am still looking for you.

Jer33 also was higher in the standings.

I was also counting on moving up when DNP's were factored in.

So my thoughts:

Lets just go to playoffs with like the 10 guys who cared and get it done on a strict deadline.

Smythe Division was good about playing games. Jer and I were 2/3 in division. Let us play and feed the winner to Raph.

Start Season 2 with guys who will actually play and stick with it.

Unbelievable to me the time spent drafting and then people don't play and sign up to draft again.

WBF is a must.

Fighters is a must. It is why most like 93.

Strict deadlines are a must.

Anyway thanks guys for letting me in and I hope we can keep it going.

I was sorry to see this league end. I put a lot of effort into catching up the nearly defunct Minnesota franchise over the past few weeks. Well, hopefully some sort of playoffs can be put together with those dedicated to playing their games. I would definitely play a season 2.