NHL'94 Forums

Zumic - Why I'm Only In 1 League Right Now

da94wookiee

Hey guys,

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been online much lately. I've been working crazy 70+ hour weeks building and running a music news website called Zumic. We just launched to the public 2 weeks ago.

zumic-color-small.jpg

www.zumic.com

We're still building the website, so we're kind of in Beta testing mode now. Still working to make it a really great site, and then we'll have a serious launch in a few months.

I'd really appreciate if you could check it out, browse it a little bit, and tell me what you think.

Wook

P.S. Sorry to spam the forum with this, but it's very important to me. Hopefully Zumic is successful enough for me to hire a couple more employees so I can get my life back.

I had an issue on an oldish PC at work where the top menus were not contained to where they should have been. otherwise it looks good, duder. from where are you expecting to draw income/funding? ads, pay-to-play, memberships?

Looks pretty good wookie, are you guys putting your own content together - or is it feeds?

Thanks! We're doing a lot of manual aggregation right now, so we use feeds to find everything and then we only post the stuff we like and we'll add a short commentary and cite the sources

I had an issue on an oldish PC at work where the top menus were not contained to where they should have been. otherwise it looks good, duder. from where are you expecting to draw income/funding? ads, pay-to-play, memberships?

Hmm... how old is your PC? Income will come mainly through ads and commission on sales through our website.

the browsing PCs at work are probably about a decade old. they are slow and nasty.

keep us posted.