NHL'94 Forums

Whats up with WBF Classic B

CoachMac

Unfortunately since the 2 month (or however long it was) blackout last year all leagues seem to have been hit the same way. Guess people lost some of the enthusiasm for 94. Real shame but hopefully once classic comes round again it can pick up again & get back to what it was

Bunch of slackers.

But yeah, too many leagues going on at same time and this league was stretched with questionable players.

Makes me upset too because for the last few years since I've been here, we needed leagues with savestate uploads and websites. Donch has come through with that need in abundance! And now that we have that, we are experiencing the other problem, too many leagues and less participation, for various reasons.

Coach Mac, you're awesome for continuing to play and come through. Classic will be the next best league to join...hopefully registration starts soon.

Having said that, I'm 100% willing to play my wbf games (I always am)...great league idea and it deserves to be played.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been two weeks since this thread was started and still very few games if any are being played in A or B.

Come on guys this is a good league. Lets have fun and play our games!

Plabax -- maybe do a roll call and see who is still interested in playing this league?

For A, I never see/get responses from eggink, probob, flasox, VC, zalex, alonzi, dcicon, fpb or houly.

I think this league would garner a lot of interest after the upcoming Spring classic, when we usually see an influx of new interest.

It seems to me that drafing and signing up for leagues is much more popular than actually playing games.

I would love to find one league that actually plays its games.

Looking at past Classics, GDL's, and Blitz's this seems to be an epidemic.

It seems to me that drafing and signing up for leagues is much more popular than actually playing games.

I would love to find one league that actually plays its games.

Looking at past Classics, GDL's, and Blitz's this seems to be an epidemic.

I don't think any league will ever get 100% games played, but a few do a good job. Blitz is the best, and always gets its games played. No real problems there (?)...save a few minor games here and there GDL will never get all 24 teams to play all 56 games...too many varying schedules. For classic, historically it seems the SNES guys go a great job of getting their games played (they don't have nearly the amount of leagues GENS does...could be related). It will also be hard for C leagues to get all their games done as there are mostly new players. However, A&B should have no excuse getting their 40 games played...last season was probably the worst, but prior seasons were pretty decent.

I played in the Blitz Farm league a few years back (genesis) and found it a bit difficult to get some people, but when I played in the SNES Classic (also a few years back), everyone was available. It might just be the sheer volume of Gens players vs SNES, making more leagues and the regulars spread too thin.

I'd like to join the SNES Classic league again at some point, but I don't think I'll ever play in a genesis league again. The SNES version is just so superior IMO

I played in the Blitz Farm league a few years back (genesis) and found it a bit difficult to get some people, but when I played in the SNES Classic (also a few years back), everyone was available. It might just be the sheer volume of Gens players vs SNES, making more leagues and the regulars spread too thin.

I'd like to join the SNES Classic league again at some point, but I don't think I'll ever play in a genesis league again. The SNES version is just so superior IMO

If snes was so surperior then there would be more than like 12 snes players lol

Ok, so here are the actual numbers from the last Classic season.

Gens A 32 avg games played. Range of games played low 20 and 1 guy made it to 40.

Gens B 29 avg games played. Range of games played low 12 and 3 guys made it to 40.

Gens C1 37 avg games played. Range of games played low 31 and 5 guys played 40.

Gens C2 26 avg games played. Range of games played low 11 and 1 guy played 40.

That is sorry.

Why would you sign up and not play all your games?

Why not get 100% of the games played? and in a timely matter.

Why not dump guys who don't play? and don't let them in the next league.

If snes was so surperior then there would be more than like 12 snes players lol

I honestly cannot understand why people prefer the genesis version. I even grew up playing it on genesis and switched to SNES once I had an emulator. I think the "why SNES is better than Gens" has been beaten to death, so I'm not going to rehash that. It's just my opinion.

Gens A 32 avg games played. Range of games played low 20 and 1 guy made it to 40.

Gens B 29 avg games played. Range of games played low 12 and 3 guys made it to 40.

That is sorry.

I don't think those numbers are that bad actually. Most people were pretty good, it's just the few bad apples that bring the numbers down. There's nothing you can do, there will always be idiots like duckon that bring nothing to the community except problems and many dnp's

That is sorry.

To answer your questions:

1. I agree, but I can also understand that life gets in the way. I appreciate communication more than anything.

2. We try bud, we try!

3. Check out this replacement coach sub-forum in Classic: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/forum/154-replacement-coaches/ . We had over 20 replacements last classic!

We try!

Agree with TomKabs -- you have one or two guys who DNP, and that prevents a lot of other guys from completing their season. And like I said, I would think last classic was one of the worse completion rates...previous season fared better. My guess is due to overabundance of leagues at the time.

After running a Survivor league for two seasons and helping with the last classic, I can tell you that guys like Coach Mac, TK, Plabax, Robbie, the entire SNES community (lol), etc are a dream to have. Makes things much smoother and better if everyone just plays their damn games.

Yes, I agree, life can get in the way. However, the WBF league started more than a month ago and there are 11 coaches from the 2 divisioins that have not played a single game. There is something else going on here. It's probably too late, but maybe we can combine the 2 divisions and finish the season with those that intend on playing their games.

• 2 weeks later...