NHL'94 Forums

Getting started questions

AdamWoodrow

I really want to get started, but before I get a controller and hdmi cable so I can play on the big screen, I was hoping you guys could answer two questions I have not found answers on this site to.

1. To play online, do I have to join a league, or can I just play exhibition (like, could I just play with my brother)?

2. Am I able to play online teammates against the computer (like, if my brother and I wanted to play our own 82 game season against the computer)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man. You don't have to join leagues to play online don't worry, you can just play for fun against your brother or any of the gens players really as most people are friendly enough to exi. I would recommend joining spring classic when it rolls around in a month or so just because it's a great experience and is really fun, but you don't have to if you don't want to. Add me on aim and lets play sometime.

As for your second question, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think that you can play just two human teammates against the computer. I think you can't because playing on a team requires the controllers to be plugged into slots 1 and 3, and unless there is at least 3 players in an online game than only the first 2 controller slots are used without multitap functionality.

Guys thanks so much for the help. I've always wanted to join a league, but recently I moved across the country and before I moved, my brother and I played every weekend. We miss playing together and this seems like the perfect vessel to keep that going. Maybe down the line we'll join a league. Thanks again!

Also, I doubt this site would promote this, but my brother and I created rules for a drinking game for NHL 94, entitled Drink 94. Hit me up if you want more deets.

Also, I doubt this site would promote this, but my brother and I created rules for a drinking game for NHL 94, entitled Drink 94. Hit me up if you want more deets.

Everybody in this community looks down on drinking/narcotics and we insist everybody be sober at all times during '94.

See http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/12230-the-official-random-thread-of-ga/, http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15066-draft-slackers/#entry124715 or anything else hokkeefan posts for perfect examples.

...of course i'm kidding, you should post your rules to the drinking game!

scored on? drink.

called for penalty? drink.

injured? drink.

called for icing? drink.

sent puck out of play? drink.

called offside? drink.

knocked onto bench? drink

penalty shot? both players drink before shot and loser drinks after shot.

broken glass? everybody drinks.

Trudatman, you are on the right path. We play against the computer, no penalties, offsides, or line changes. The goal is to score as many as goals as possible as quickly as possible. The game plays best when playing against the computer.

Take a drink for each goal you score.

2 for every goal you give up.

Half a beer for knocking out player for game.

Full beer for breaking glass.

In one typical ten min game, you go through two beers, assuming you can score (which I don't doubt you all know how to do). My personal record is four beers. You can also have an audience drink along with. Enjoy!

Correction --You can play teammates online with no problem.

TK is thinking of the 4-way adapter settings when playing 2v2, but that doesn't apply.

Woah you're right lol two players teammates instead of head to head is in the main menu. I feel stupid now lol

• 6 months later...

Hi there 94 peeps. Quick question:

The D-Pad on my XBOX 360 PC controller doesn't work correctly with GENS (I have it setup to use the analog stick - but that's seems off, I'd really like to be using the D-Pad). Has anyone else run into this problem and have an suggestions for fixes?

Cheers,

N