NHL'94 Forums

Cosmic

1st post, I am an old school NHL 94 player and would like to possibly join a league. I am having 2 problems in my installation:

1) I am a Mac player. What emulator should I use? Is there an emulator that will allow me to NetPlay with you guys?

2) When I am skating with the puck or playing defense, and I move a certain way (with either my gamepad, or with my arrows if I am using the keyboard), then I am toggled out of my game screen, and into any one of various other screen (like the Weather, and some random screens). I think that the computer is picking up on what I am doing as some type of gesture. I do not want to gesture. I just want to play NHL 94. Anyone know why this is happening, and how to turn it off? I am using OS X Lion on my personal computer, where I am having this difficulty. On my work computer, I am running Snow Leopard, and not having these problems. I suspect that this is a result of my nephew having done something to my computer when he was swiping at my touchpad (he is 2 years old and does not know what he is doing; I know I should not let him use the computer, but I do not like being around screaming kids, that is another story though).

I tried to do a screen record to show what is happening, but once I was toggled away from my screen, the screen record seems to have vanished. I could do a record with my phone, if necessary. I am attaching a screen shot of the screen that I get toggled to. Interestingly, this is the screen that my nephew toggles to also when he does his random swipes on my keyboard.

Cheers,

Cosmic

post-6995-0-47950700-1362301009_thumb.pn

oh, man... that screen is infuriating. I forget how it is called up, but I wish it would just cease to exist. my guess is that one of the button commands in the game is shared with that useless crap. try remapping your controller/keyboard buttons. good luck.

oh, man... that screen is infuriating. I forget how it is called up, but I wish it would just cease to exist. my guess is that one of the button commands in the game is shared with that useless crap. try remapping your controller/keyboard buttons. good luck.

Do you know how to remap the buttons, in the ROM itself? Because as long as I cannot even play the game on the keyboard itself, then I am outta luck, since the arrows (movement) are what is causing the problem.

1) Fixed- Just had to make some adjustments in Mission Control, Trackpad, and Keyboard (turn everything off- gestures, shortcuts, and screens)

2) Looks like I will have to buy Parallels 8

Thanks everyone.

I run Boot Camp on my Mac and just boot into windows when I'm going to play 94. Boot Camp is free, easy to install, all you need is a Windows OS. I use XP, but I'm sure 7 works just fine. I suggest going this route. I don't know how reliable Parallels is when running netplay through it. It could cause latency issues.

I run Boot Camp on my Mac and just boot into windows when I'm going to play 94. Boot Camp is free, easy to install, all you need is a Windows OS. I use XP, but I'm sure 7 works just fine. I suggest going this route. I don't know how reliable Parallels is when running netplay through it. It could cause latency issues.

I do not have a Windows OS, but I assume I can buy it online. I am overseas in a bit of an odd place, so going to Best Buy and grabbing something from the discount bin is not an option unfortunately.