NHL'94 Forums

Penalties: On or Off?

Do your prefer penalties on or off?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Penaltiess? On or Off

• Penalties: ON
    • Penalties: OFF

I recently had a game where my whole team was in the box for pretty much the entire game. Very frustrating! Especially when you had nothing to do with the infraction.

I've never been a fan of em. I just thought i'd ask the question again. This time in a poll.

I recently had a game where my whole team was in the box for pretty much the entire game. Very frustrating! Especially when you had nothing to do with the infraction.

I've never been a fan of em. I just thought i'd ask the question again. This time in a poll.

there are games where the penalties get totally out of hand by the corrupt Sega refs.. and ive seen many phantom calls too which really suck ass.. but when it comes down to it you need those penalty shots called especially if your team isnt a hard hitting one.. the hitting teams will just demolish the opponent and any breakaway can easily be broken up

one of the fucked up things with penalties is the shorthanded team always seems to get a good scoring chance mostly on a breakaway..i know somebody [gr899] who actually prefers to be shorthanded, to him I say wtf?

...but when it comes down to it you need those penalty shots called especially if your team isnt a hard hitting one.. the hitting teams will just demolish the opponent and any breakaway can easily be broken up

Gotta admit, I love the penalty shots. (Even though I suck at scoring on em and defending em) Wish we can have no penalties, except on a breakaway. Now that would rock!

Most of the penalties that aren't self inflicted occur when a player speed bursts a defensive player into the opposing teams offensive zone, then changes to a different player.

Oh, and by "On", I mean "On except Off-sides". Off-sides kills me, might as well watch a demo game than play with that on.

Same here. The computer just doesn't have the AI to deal with offsides. They always end up going in ahead of you & you spend half the game circling around in the neutral zone.

It's a shame too, because I wouldn't mind using offsides to add that extra element to the game, if only the computer could deal with it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
there are games where the penalties get totally out of hand by the corrupt Sega refs.. and ive seen many phantom calls too which really suck ass.. but when it comes down to it you need those penalty shots called especially if your team isnt a hard hitting one.. the hitting teams will just demolish the opponent and any breakaway can easily be broken up

one of the fucked up things with penalties is the shorthanded team always seems to get a good scoring chance mostly on a breakaway..i know somebody [gr899] who actually prefers to be shorthanded, to him I say wtf?

I find I like being shorthanded, too. The team on the powerplay plays poor defense and you get good breaks.

I like the penalties on. They spice things up a bit :D. But yeah, the refs are totally corrupt!

--

edit:

oh, i already replied to this ages ago. Losing my mind.. Haven't been playing enough '94 lately, that's gotta be the problem!

..i know somebody [gr899] who actually prefers to be shorthanded, to him I say wtf?

holy s**t thats as dumb as killing a guy over NHL94( boondocks parody)

NHL94 is our middle name.»