NHL'94 Forums

An Offical Endorsement for the California Golden Seals

MrDerp4321

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM, mr derp <mrderp4321@gmail.com> wrote:

to Mr. Borsato,

My name is Michael, a big NHL fan, and a participant in one of the many online leagues that has popped up on the internet based on the old NHL '94 video game originally put out by Genesis and Super Nintendo back in 1994.

In the original NHL '94 video game, there was determined to be a 'bug' in the programming. The bug makes it so that any player that is considered light by NHL standards, say 180lbs or below, becomes very tough to check or take down, while players that are 180lbs or heavier become very easy to check. Therefore, players like Eric Lindros with a weight value of 12, or Mark Messier with a weight value of 10 are not valued very highly, while players such as Andrei Kovalenko, with a weight value of 3, or Neal Broten, with a weight value of 4, are mighty checkers and are considered extremely valuable to have on one's team.

Mr. Borsato, because of this 'weight bug' as it is termed, anyone with a weight of 5 or lower are very valuable players, and so yourself, with a weight of 4 in the game, have become a bit of a NHL'94 celebrity. The entry draft for the NHL '94 league I am in has just completed, and after the draft, I was lucky enough to acquire you straight up in a deal that sent Eric Lindros to the New York Americans. After the trade, I researched online to learn a bit about you and saw that you were now affiliated with the brampton.com and ysn.ca website. I thought I'd write you to say hello, as well as make a small and hopefully fun request.

I was wondering if you could put your offical stamp of approval on my virtual NHL '94 team and upcoming season? Just a small statement on your twitter account that I can also put in my forum signature... something like 'Good Luck to the California Golden Seals in the upcoming season - the REAL Luciano Borsato'. I can't say anyone in our league has ever attempted to reach out to the real player for any reason let alone an endorsement of their team, so I'm hoping this will turn a few heads in our league forum!

Thanks,

Michael, General Manager of the California Golden Seals in NHL '94.

REPLY:

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Luciano Borsato <xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.ca> wrote:

Thanks for the email Michael. That’s really funny. I never imagined that I could have been traded straight up for Lindros!

Do you have a Twitter account? If not, how’s this?

'Good luck to Michael and the California Golden Seals in the upcoming virtual season of NHL ’94!

Thank you.
Luciano

REPLY:

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Luciano Borsato <xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.ca> wrote:

I’ve just tweeted the post.

https://twitter.com/LucianoBorsato/status/309775833160118272

Good luck!

Edited by MrDerp4321