NHL'94 Forums

SNES NCAA College Hockey JUICED

c4outlaws

So I was bored and made this ROM in January. Finally decided to post it. Since I am a HUGE fan of the St. Cloud State University Huskies, I wanted to make this ROM. The SCSU Huskies just clinched at least a tie for conference title. I took some of the top teams from all the different college conferences. These conferences are the AHA, CCHA, ECAC, HE, and WCHA.

The teams and rosters were based on January standings, rankings and current team point leaders. Things have changed since then but I will admit I am too lazy to make an update right now, lol. I tried to make jerseys as accurate as I could. All players jersey numbers and shooting hand is as accurate as I could find.

I tweaked a couple ratings though to make the computer players a little smarter. I decreased defensive awareness for forwards so they stay on offense more. Decreased offensive awareness for the defenders so the actually stay on defense more. The pass/shoot bias was set in the middle. I personally have noticed the computer attempting more 1-timers. Even though this is listed as a JUICED Rom, some ratings have been slightly adjusted.

SNES College "JUICED" ROM

nhl94NCAA2013.zip

**UPDATE**----> I just uploaded a new ROM. The new version now has U of Vermont AND Penn St

Edited by c4outlaws

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not a bad ROM, just needs some more work to be truly great. I like seeing good College Hockey efforts like this. Small things like logos (which aren't easy, I know) more teams, and alpha order for teams.

SNES roms are harder to edit than Gens roms. Limited room for team names so its harder to put in alphabetical order. Logos are hard to edit also.

....Small things like logos....more teams, and alpha order for teams.

not one of those things is a small one. the one he could possibly accomplish is reordering them (partly by shortening the arena names to make room), but what a giant task that would be! the other things are not yet possible in the SNES version. if you figure them out, be sure to make it widely known.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

Hey everyone. I've begun changing the logos on the rom and will post some progress. @c4outlaws thanks for posting. It gave me some head start on it. 

Wait? What? You are able to change the centre ice logos for SNES NHL94? This would a break through that has never been seen on this site. And you would have a TON of us forever grateful. No one has ever been able to figure it out. How are you doing it?

4 hours ago, halifax said:

Wait? What? You are able to change the centre ice logos for SNES NHL94? This would a break through that has never been seen on this site. And you would have a TON of us forever grateful. No one has ever been able to figure it out. How are you doing it?

Ive begun finding some areas where I have modified some parts of it. But, it will be possible. I just want to make sure I find all the right addresses.

Thread about swapping already existing logos or disabling them completely can be found here:

There are some offsets and data you might find useful, @UltraMagnus  

I think the center ice logos are crunched and cant be changed (like it is possible for Genesis rom) without decrunching but good luck with that. 

Edited by DominikJagr

18 minutes ago, DominikJagr said:

Thread about swapping already existing logos or disabling them completely can be found here:

There are some offsets and data you might find useful, @UltraMagnus  

I think the center ice logos are crunched and cant be changed (like it is possible for Genesis rom) without decrunching but good luck with that. 

That is what Ive been trying to tinker with and found some pieces that indicate that its just alot of digging.

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 10:14 AM, UltraMagnus said:

Ive begun finding some areas where I have modified some parts of it. But, it will be possible. I just want to make sure I find all the right addresses.

Any luck so far?

• 1 year later...