NHL'94 Forums

5/4/13 New Jersey - SNES NHL94 Tournament

rules are crucial. details, please!

I was with it until "offsides off." it's a bit too far to travel, anyway. thanks for bringing this to our attention. have fun. good to see it with penalties and line changes, but no offsides is a game I'm not prepared for at all.

nice bud....rules? tournament format?

It will use a Round Robin Format where we put everyone in groups of 4. You play

everyone in your group once for a total of 3 games. Then you get seeded

into a single elimination bracket. Everyone is guaranteed atleast 4

games. We ran the Tecmo Super Bowl tournament last month this way and it turned out real well.

I was with it until "offsides off." it's a bit too far to travel, anyway. thanks for bringing this to our attention. have fun. good to see it with penalties and line changes, but no offsides is a game I'm not prepared for at all.

Offsides or too far which one is it? I'm always open for suggestions. The majority of the people I asked so far either want it off or don't care. I can put a poll up for this as the settings still can be changed if needed.

Hmm, I live in Mahwah, but I feel like I'd be giving away $15 if I came :o

The entry fee is to cover the venue fee, food, prizes etc. There will be a bunch of food for all participants plus it has a bar to hang out at. Win or Lose its all about fun and playing a game that everyone loves and grew up on. There will be atleast 16 SNES consoles but may change depending on player list. Most important its gonna be a lot fun!

Offsides or too far which one is it? I'm always open for suggestions. The majority of the people I asked so far either want it off or don't care. I can put a poll up for this as the settings still can be changed if needed.

99% of games played online have offsides off. It's the preferred way to play.

it's "the" preferred way. anybody playing otherwise is a...

anyway, it's a bit too far for me to travel, but the offsides thing makes the decision easier. I very rarely play that way and I would want to be able to compete if I attended. no worries, I'm sure most people prefer offsides off, as mentioned. in fact, most prefer line changes off, penalties off and Genesis, too. it would be too much to expect a tournament that fit my ideals and I don't expect to ever see one, but this was pretty close to perfect. have fun!

Hahaha. That's awesome. Classic Trudatman!

Can talk all day about how good he is, but always seems to be a reason he can't actually prove it to anyone.

Thanks for this, funniest post on these forums...................since the last one he posted!

I'd definitely enter this if it didn't mean setting foot in the massive hole of s**t that is NJ.

Man don't do it!!! You have no idea what you're starting! lol

I'd definitely enter this if it didn't mean setting foot in the massive hole of s**t that is NJ.

NorthwayNative: Why insult the great state of New Jersey? The birthplace of the solid body electric guitar, sound recording (where Thomas Edison made the first ever sound recording and Les Paul later invented multi-track magnetic tape recording), the light bulb, and Bruce Springsteen. The Garden State. I see you like MMA which as far as I can tell is 95% naked men rubbing against each other on the floor. This must be why you live in Colorado - the date rape capital of the USA and home of psychos who like to shoot up schools and movie theaters.

Man don't do it!!! You have no idea what you're starting! lol

:super_man:

Edited by da94wookiee

....Classic Trudatman! Can talk all day about how good he is, but always seems to be a reason he can't actually prove it to anyone....

find the posts where I brag about how good I am. if you can gather and quote more than one where I claim to be good at the game, I will pay you. I understand that misrepresenting my presence is a hobby for many around here, but y'all look foolish to anybody actually paying attention. Edited by trudatman

Hey do you expect to get many out-of-towners making the trip for this? I'm actually considering making the trip from Ottawa since I've never been to NYC. This is a good excuse.

I will be posting a player list of the entries next week. It will have the player names and location

Offsides in NHL 94 is so god dang annoying! i would get called for it 10 times a game. As for line changes they are annoying as well because if they are on they make Neely and Bourque even more useless.

Offsides in NHL 94 is so god dang annoying! i would get called for it 10 times a game. As for line changes they are annoying as well because if they are on they make Neely and Bourque even more useless.

You just set yourself up for a "Weight Fail" Trudatman rant

are they more useless because they get tired more easily? just trying to understand. and offsides ten times per game?! that sounds like one night for Blake Wheeler alone. "I hate that stupid realistic option because it makes this game too similar to that weird Canadan sport of hockey!" can't be having that, now, can we? maybe you could host a shootout tournament.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...