NHL'94 Forums

A'94 tourney at The Score

halifax

Number 4....bush league!

haha..yeah i thought that too.

still...40 man tourney is pretty sweet

there is no excuse for goalies being off. that's like insisting that defense control be off and that players only use their worst players. I can't even accurately convey how wrong it is to not allow goalie control. I'm actually mad about it, somehow.

I hope they drop in and see how we mock them for the absudity that is auto goalies. I imagine the type of assclown that insists on that feature being disabled. buffoonery, for sure.

Who cares about auto goalies being on. These guys aren't a bunch of proud elitists like you guys lol. It's just a fun tournament. Auto goalie is better for people who don't pick up games super fast and are new to the game because accidental goalie control is a common noob problem, and I would think especially so on snes

seriously? it's not like it's the left or bottom button.... you have to actually try to hit that top button.

Who cares about auto goalies being on. These guys aren't a bunch of proud elitists like you guys lol. It's just a fun tournament. Auto goalie is better for people who don't pick up games super fast and are new to the game because accidental goalie control is a common noob problem, and I would think especially so on snes

My big issue is that in their blog post, they said, "One of the biggest topics that always seems to come up now and again is how good we were at NHL 94 back in the day."

So they were all great back in the day but they have no desire to use manual goaltenders. Got it.

NOW HERE IS MY REAL BEEF WITH THESCORE:

About a year ago, I got an email from YouTube about my NHL '94 Crazy Comeback video. You know, the one that shows up first when you search for NHL '94 on YouTube? It turns out that TheScore had put in a copyright claim on my video. Of a video game that EA created. If EA had done so...they'd have a strong case. But TheScore? What a bunch of douches.

I ignored the request for a response and got another email a couple of months ago saying that they'd withdrawn the claim.

"always now and again."

"douchecanoes" is my first thought.

what do we think the average number of goal per game was, thirty-seven?

what do we think the average number of goal per game was, thirty-seven?

Just because Auto goalie was on, doesn't mean all the games were very high scoring.. You have to remember that some of these guys are scrubs who probably can only score 4 goals max.

It's actually not that easy to score on the Genesis if you don't know some tricks, so, yeah, the scores won't be that high.

I don't even use manual goalie that much even now, and I'm not that bad.. :P just don't let them get in position to use the high percentage moves.

where'd you come up with Genesis? were it Genesis it would make almost no difference with the built-in wait-until-after-the-goal-is-scored goaltender control. with the SNES instant netminder control it should have made a huge difference if these folks had played before as they claimed to have.

Edited by trudatman

where'd you come up with Genesis? were it Genesis it would make almost no difference with the built-in wait-until-after-the-goal-is-scored goaltender control. with the SNES instant netminder control it should have made a huge difference if these folks had played before as they claimed to have.

:( You always seem to know everything although you never play with anyone else. You should listen to the people with more experience playing with others.

Not really fair to come around bashing everything about Genesis and bragging about SNES when you only play the AI

Oh wow they're playing SNES. Guess it makes sense they'd bring out the training wheels, since they haven't played in over a decade.

....you never play with anyone else. You should listen to the people with more experience playing with others. Not really fair to come around bashing everything about Genesis and bragging about SNES when you only play the AI

I'm going to be clear, so pay attention: I don't play onlag. that doesn't mean I don't play others. I've been playing this game for two decades. I have played against MANY people in person, where a loser cannot get away with throwing a controller in anger nor pretending there was a connection failure. I get that the "cool kids" around here like to type ridiculousness about me, but when you repeat the nonsense, you will be called out. I only play the AI? how absurd is that? do you really believe that or are you just parroting what somebody sold you?

I'm going to be clear, so pay attention: I don't play onlag. that doesn't mean I don't play others. I've been playing this game for two decades. I have played against MANY people in person, where a loser cannot get away with throwing a controller in anger nor pretending there was a connection failure. I get that the "cool kids" around here like to type ridiculousness about me, but when you repeat the nonsense, you will be called out. I only play the AI? how absurd is that? do you really believe that or are you just parroting what somebody sold you?

I play SNES online and 99.9% of the time I don't lag. :) Come play

I guess you are ignoring the question. I use a Mac and have a not-so-reliable connection to the Internet. I won't be playing via the web any time soon.

as for a tourney at casa de tru, it sounds good, but I have a small place and a big family, so I'd have to say I can only host small groups. I'm on the Mason-Dixon line three miles from the Atlantic coast. I would be happy to have visitors to SNES it up. I check in to the site quite often, so I can be reached for such plans by private messaging.

I guess you are ignoring the question. I use a Mac and have a not-so-reliable connection to the Internet. I won't be playing via the web any time soon.

as for a tourney at casa de tru, it sounds good, but I have a small place and a big family, so I'd have to say I can only host small groups. I'm on the Mason-Dixon line three miles from the Atlantic coast. I would be happy to have visitors to SNES it up. I check in to the site quite often, so I can be reached for such plans by private messaging.

Go fetch the "MANY" people you have played and bring them to the community, I'm sure they all don't have an excuse as to why they don't play online. I think it would be fun having "MANY" trudatmans in the community

I think we are done here. good luck in your games.

fine, I'll bite, but you don't want to keep pushing this unless you want to make it clear who the troll is in this scenario. you jumped on my words by quoting them and claiming I was Genesis bashing. I wasn't. I was making a statement that because the tournament in question was a SNES one, it actually mattered if the goalie control was on because it works on the Super Nintendo. bashing? nope. fact. I was replying to Smoz and you quoted it, misinterpreted it and/or tried to troll/bait me. you put forth an untrue statement about me and I've been setting you straight. you don't want a battle of wits with me. I get that the online Genesis leaguers like to joke about me, but spin doctoring reality on bullies the weak. my mind is sharp and you won't get the best of me. if you can get parental permission, you are welcome to come by for games, but let this bit of bickering go. be well and stay smiling.

fine, I'll bite, but you don't want to keep pushing this unless you want to make it clear who the troll is in this scenario. you jumped on my words by quoting them and claiming I was Genesis bashing. I wasn't. I was making a statement that because the tournament in question was a SNES one, it actually mattered if the goalie control was on because it works on the Super Nintendo. bashing? nope. fact. I was replying to Smoz and you quoted it, misinterpreted it and/or tried to troll/bait me. you put forth an untrue statement about me and I've been setting you straight. you don't want a battle of wits with me. I get that the online Genesis leaguers like to joke about me, but spin doctoring reality on bullies the weak. my mind is sharp and you won't get the best of me. if you can get parental permission, you are welcome to come by for games, but let this bit of bickering go. be well and stay smiling.

:haha:

Edited by PlabaxV2

• 2 weeks later...